Summerswap 2014 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filled out the questionnaire on the sign up page but is there any other one I should be filling out?
Just this one!! Feel free to chat up or share any more info in this thread so your partner can creep on you and curate the perfect summer treat!

Oh well let's see I'm a single mom of a two year old, I'm the Director of a day care so she comes with me to work and runs the place. I like anything that requires me to "pamper" myself when in use. Lile face masks or bath goodies. Of course I love all make up stuff! We are going to Disney next week . It will be a first for both of us.

I want to sign up but have never done this before. Is there a dollar value we are supposed to be around for the swap?

I want to sign up but have never done this before. Is there a dollar value we are supposed to be around for the swap?
Min/max is $25. But if you want to spoil your person, the rules make it so that any ipsy, birchbox, gwps, or anything bought with birch box points don't count. So really if you want to stick to $25 that's okay but if you don't, then it's okay too lol

Oh well let's see I'm a single mom of a two year old, I'm the Director of a day care so she comes with me to work and runs the place. I like anything that requires me to "pamper" myself when in use. Lile face masks or bath goodies. Of course I love all make up stuff! We are going to Disney next week . It will be a first for both of us.
You can also create a Summerswap Wish list in the Buy Sell Trade thread with more specific information about what you like/don't like, your dream products, etc.

I love looking at everyone's Summer Swap lists...I get to see what you girls like and find new things I need to check out!

I love looking at everyone's Summer Swap lists...I get to see what you girls like and find new things I need to check out!
I know! It's a great way to get to know people better! I'm such a stalker. I like to read people's profiles & past posts! My stalker abilities will come in handy when we get our swap people. I'm excited!

I'm ready for some stalking and shopping! Plus, I pulled a few things out of my stash as possible extras, I have a good amount of Birchbox points built up, and I have some craft ideas in mind. This should be a fun activity this summer!

I can't wait until we get assigned! I love reading everyone's SummerSwap list's, I have so many ideas.

Yes! We should do that! I'm having a hard time making a list and was thinking of just copying the midsummer survey but it would be awesome if we made our own for summer swap!
We will be sharing the info you provided in the Googledoc form with your swap buddy. If you wanted to make up your own survey or share any info your swapbuddy might find helpful, feel free to post it in here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, if you're worried about dupes or anything if you're participating in both swaps, I recommend making a separate wishlist or something along those lines.

Yeesh.  I didn't realize I was tired, but I just read the word "spatula" in Jess's post.  I have no clue how I saw "separate wishlist" and read "spatula" -- and thought it was *a perfectly logical thing to say in this thread*.

yay!! yesss. I'm super excited too. I feel like I should work on a SummerSwap specific list!
I'm working on a SummerSwap specific list, luckily there's about a million things I like.

If I get a buddy that's participating in both exchanges, I'm going to keep a close eye on the reveals to avoid gifting dupes.

I'm working on a SummerSwap specific list, luckily there's about a million things I like.
That's my problem! I love a million things and want to try even more!!!  I'm trying to get my list together, I just keep changing my mind!!!

I'd have a list 3 miles long if I wrote up everything, so I just put my daily used products and things I haven't tried but would like to. I've also resisted purchasing the things I listed, some how after putting them in writing I want them even more :smilehappyyes: !

So I had a dream about the swap last night :lol:

It was so weird. In my dream, I got my box. I was super confused how I already got a box since we hadn't gotten assignments yet but I just kind of went with it. I was so excited! I opened it up and I got a used real techniques makeup sponge (like it was dirty and gross and not in a package), a bottle of Mario Badescu Green Apple toner (which isn't actually a real thing, so no idea), and a HUGE, and I mean like 5lb HUGE bag of pretzels. It was so weird!!!! Even though that's a pretty crappy present I was still very excited!!

I think I'd get excited for a rotten banana peel. I think we will all be going nuts over anything we receive! It's just so exciting.

Latest posts

Back