Summerswap 2014 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's your choice to fill in the general or specific items.  All required answers are starred.  I would suggest making a wish list (and answering the questions in the survey) so that it is easier for your Swap Buddy to shop for you.  
Thanks! I think my answers were kind of all over the place...hopefully it's okay!

I did it!!  I made a list!  I feel much smarter now.

I can't wait to get my person!!

I did it!!  I made a list!  I feel much smarter now.

I can't wait to get my person!!
YAY!!!  I am still lost as all get out.  I just want to buy something for someone.  Not sure I understand what I am supposed to do.

Just signed up...anyone know how to make a wish list?

Woot! Just made my dreamlist! I hope it's good. *nervous nail biting*.

@@SaraP To make my list, I just went over to the Makeup & Nails section of the BST forum and added a new thread. I used some of the questions from the Midsummer swap, some of my own, and linked to my wishlists of Amazon and Sephora. That type of thing. Hope that's the info you were looking for!  :lol:

How do we insert a spoiler...please help me, apparently I have no idea how to use this site :scared:

How do we insert a spoiler...please help me, apparently I have no idea how to use this site :scared:
Type [ spoiler ] before the text/image you want in the spoiler. And then [ /spoiler ] after it. But without the spaces after/before the brackets :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I made my wish list too! That was fun! Like shopping except my wallet wasn't a frowny face!  :lol:

I hope I don't get confused between the two swaps! If we're doing both will we get different giftee for each one?

Thanks for all the hard work @@Babs28!
You're welcome!  @ has been a big help behind the scenes too!  Come out come out wherever you are!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope I don't get confused between the two swaps! If we're doing both will we get different giftee for each one?
These are two entirely separate swaps.  Whoever signs up here will get a giftee from the the pool of people who sign up here.  I believe Midsummer has already been assigned their giftee!

Don't forget that this and the Midsummer are two totally different exchanges! We didn't make a survey or anything except the questions asked on the sign up form - and those answers will be shared with your Swap Buddy. If you had any info to share with your Swap Buddy, don't forget to post it in this thread and not in the Midsummer discussion or survey thread.

Midsummer Night's Dream fairies are already getting requests from Summerswap participants for help with this one!  Please please please, for the sake of our sanity, do not do that, especially since partners on this one aren't even assigned yet!

ETA:  Just testing something in this ETA section.  Feel free to ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Midsummer Night's Dream fairies are already getting requests from Summerswap participants for help with this one! Please please please, for the sake of our sanity, do not do that, especially since partners on this one aren't even assigned yet!
Please redirect those PMs to me (or let the fairy squad know to just redirect them to me)

The timing of these works out for me, as I'm almost done Midsummer swap buying, have some busy weeks at work in June, but will be ready to start up buying again in early July. 

My plan is that if I have a SummerSwap "giftee" buddy who is also participating in the Midsummer Fairy swap, I'm just going to wait to buy anything for this one until after the reveals there.  That way, I'll know what she's already received and can avoid any "big" duplicates in what she's sent.  I know most of you probably wouldn't mind, but I'd like to make sure you get something new and exciting!

To my SummerSwap gifting buddy -- I'll be putting some items in my Wish List that aren't on my Fairy list, so if you are anxious to start your shopping, maybe it will give you some ideas that (hopefully) my Midsummer FGM won't already have thought of!

My plan is that if I have a SummerSwap "giftee" buddy who is also participating in the Midsummer Fairy swap, I'm just going to wait to buy anything for this one until after the reveals there. That way, I'll know what she's already received and can avoid any "big" duplicates in what she's sent. I know most of you probably wouldn't mind, but I'd like to make sure you get something new and exciting!

To my SummerSwap gifting buddy -- I'll be putting some items in my Wish List that aren't on my Fairy list, so if you are anxious to start your shopping, maybe it will give you some ideas that (hopefully) my Midsummer FGM won't already have thought of!
I have the same concerns! And I'm a bit worried that I might get matched to the same person I'm buying for in Midsummer. I could easily send her a second present given all of my Ideas for her, but it's just more fun if it's a different person.

The timing of these works out for me, as I'm almost done Midsummer swap buying, have some busy weeks at work in June, but will be ready to start up buying again in early July.

My plan is that if I have a SummerSwap "giftee" buddy who is also participating in the Midsummer Fairy swap, I'm just going to wait to buy anything for this one until after the reveals there. That way, I'll know what she's already received and can avoid any "big" duplicates in what she's sent. I know most of you probably wouldn't mind, but I'd like to make sure you get something new and exciting!

To my SummerSwap gifting buddy -- I'll be putting some items in my Wish List that aren't on my Fairy list, so if you are anxious to start your shopping, maybe it will give you some ideas that (hopefully) my Midsummer FGM won't already have thought of!
Same here, depending on the timing of the midsummer reveals we might not see what they got or only have a few days to make adjustments. I also feel weird making another wish list but I guess I can try to find some different things for it. If I do get someone who's also doing the midsummer swap I think I will want to see if i can collab with their godmother. Maybe it won't be an issue though, since a lot of us are close to done shopping already.

Oooo that's a good point/idea...question for the people coordination the midsummer fairy swap so @@meaganola or anyone else that is running it...

If  we get assigned someone that is doing both swaps, can we ask a fairy to put us in contact with the person that has our person for the other swap to see what they're sending?

That sounds odd, I'll use Lolo22 as an example name since she's right above me on this post and I'm too lazy to scroll any further up. So if I get LoLo22 as my giftee for this swap, and she is ALSO signed up for midsummer, can I ask a fairy to put me in contact with LoLo22's godmother for the midsummer swap so we can coordinate what she is getting? Or is that too much work/going to make things too confusing???

Back