Tarte Amazonian Colored Clay 7 Piece Collection (Pic Heavy, as usual)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$34, ouch! I might have to stay on auto delivery for the set.
That is expensive, isn't it?  I was just so happy to have found it. lol

So, what do you think?  Worth the money or not?

See, this is how I always end up staying with sets. I like the primer but fully extended its only approx. 1" tall. Probably worth to me in the $15-$25 range but I'm not known to pay full price for much, keep that in mind. So I like 6 out of the 7 pieces for everyday that makes the items approx. $10 a piece, probably worth it for me to stay in A-D. Approx. $68 an ounce for the primer seems insane to me.

UPDATES:

So I, never being one to accept defeat or admit that something might not have been the best use of my money, seem to have gotten a better hang of the new foundation.

New Foundation                            Primer only

So still loving the primer, especially since I had tons of red on my face from picking at a new breakout (I really hope it's not the primer that broke me out, I'd cry) New application method since theirs turned out so horribly, horribly wrong lol.

My Half Face Application

1: Starting on the nose/cheek area tap brush once on the sifter (there is more product then you think on the brush). Using small circular motions work your way out. once you reach the edge of your face return to your nose/cheek area slightly overlapping your first section. Continue until product is gone.

2:Again tap brush once on sifter and work your way from the chin area up to your cheek area, still using small circular motions. continue until chin/cheeks are covered.

3:Lastly tap your brush one more time on the sifter and work your way down from the forehead area.

4: Using a large fluffy brush(in my case the lovely airbrush) buff out any lines or unevenness.

Your probably saying "Duh!" but as I said I try to follow instructions for new products.

New Foundation                                 Old Foundation

I like the foundation MUCH better now. The coloration is much more similar to my original foundation. Its not as sticky/heavy feeling (still heavier than the original) There's not a huge difference between the two sides now. In fact I could probably go out like this the only big difference in person is a slightly heavier coverage on my cheeks.

Every included color including that bronzer blush! I did only use the bronzer blush as a blush though, I'm not sure I'll ever get the courage to swipe my forehead again and try to figure that out. The blush is less pigmented than something like Laura Geller's blushes (where I go from building color to clown in one stroke) but more pigmented than the Ulta Blush I had on before.

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok, forget the primer stick for $34.  I'm either getting the QVC set or this for $36:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6340109

I just got the Naked 3 palette though and I should NOT get another palette.

@tweakabell the foundation looks great in the second set of photos.  Nice job. 
OH very pretty colors. It even has the new packaging *swoon*

I do not need more eyeshadow, I do not need more eyeshadow

What kind of sunscreen does this foundation have? Chemical or physical sunscreen? Thanks, couldn't find it on QVC.

This would be my first purchase from QV. With auto delivery, do they let you change foundation color with their shipment? I'm a light medium honey in the Amazonian full coverage foundation and I'm taking my chances in a Medium. MY skin tone is bit darker than yours. By the way, Great job with the detailed review, it is sooo soooo helpful.

Glad to help. I know you usually can change the colors of your A-D, as of right now It's not an option for me but I think it is because it's still a pre-order. If you're truly concerned about it I'd call CS and confirm or go to Sephora or Ulta and test the shade out. That is what I did before I placed my first order for the brush/foundation set. I do wish they carried the full shade variations.

Wow, glad to hear QVC allow that, pretty cool. You are right. I'm definitely dragging myself tmr to swatch the primer. Better do that than be sorry. I looove their full foundation.

I bought the Be Mattenificent palette and I like it. I love the packaging, and I love the idea of it, but I don't love the products themselves. They work for me, and I am impressed and like them, but then again, I've never really been that big a lover of eyeshadow anyway. I feel like my blush is pressed really hard and it's difficult to get color on my brush. But I don't mind, at least it'll last a long time and I won't have to worry about applying too much!

Last night at Ulta I tried the CC primer stick and I actually really like it! I used 'fair' which really doesn't look fair in the stick, as it's kind of yellow-orangey, but daaang, it looked good. I might have to get it, except for the fact that one of it's top ingredients is silicone, and my skin hates that! If it doesn't break me out in a week after trying it once, I may have to break down and actually buy it!

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bought the Be Mattenificent palette and I like it. I love the packaging, and I love the idea of it, but I don't love the products themselves. They work for me, and I am impressed and like them, but then again, I've never really been that big a lover of eyeshadow anyway. I feel like my blush is pressed really hard and it's difficult to get color on my brush. But I don't mind, at least it'll last a long time and I won't have to worry about applying too much!

Last night at Ulta I tried the CC primer stick and I actually really like it! I used 'fair' which really doesn't look fair in the stick, as it's kind of yellow-orangey, but daaang, it looked good. I might have to get it, except for the fact that one of it's top ingredients is silicone, and my skin hates that! If it doesn't break me out in a week after trying it once, I may have to break down and actually buy it!

Thanks for the review! I have it in my cart on Tarte's website I just can't pull the trigger because the colors aren't the bright colorful shades I prefer. It's so pretty just not my style. I love that primer stick though. I also thought it was going to be too dark judging from the shade but it matched well.

Yeah, if you are into bright colors, I'd shy away from the matte palette. It's just not colorful at all. I am trying to find a combo that works really good on my eyes. I feel like it should work better for me since I have fair skin and blue eyes, but I don't know, I just can't get it to look right for some reason.

I still really like it and I'm glad I own it. The brush that comes with it is cute, and I really like the blush color, if I can get enough layered on.

I do like the eyeshadows, but I don't 'love' them.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, if you are into bright colors, I'd shy away from the matte palette. It's just not colorful at all. I am trying to find a combo that works really good on my eyes. I feel like it should work better for me since I have fair skin and blue eyes, but I don't know, I just can't get it to look right for some reason.

I still really like it and I'm glad I own it. The brush that comes with it is cute, and I really like the blush color, if I can get enough layered on.

I do like the eyeshadows, but I don't 'love' them.
That's what I figured. It's something I'd buy because it's pretty and then probably never touch because it's just not me. I feel the same way about the Naked palettes, I can see where people think they are pretty but they're not something I'd use.

For those who were considering buying this, it's the TSV today. Last time to get it at this price, unfortunately there does not seem to be any easy pay so I'm glad I pre-ordered and got the 4 payments.

This was such great and funny read!  Do you have a blog?  lol

Packaging looks great, but I just can't deal with heavy foundations :/  Great review!

Back