Tarte Amazonian Colored Clay 7 Piece Collection (Pic Heavy, as usual)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Tarte responded liners and bronzer blushes are Qvc exclusive. I've asked then to clarify if only for that set but I don't have a response yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm hating the fact that the new liners aren't anywhere except the kit. I love that black. I think the extra time is what killed it for me. Most times I do a quick face, so I prefer to get my  base down as quickly as possible. It was a really close decision, in fact I still haven't pulled the trigger on cancelling yet lol. I keep logging in and chickening out.
I still haven't tried it...I have 4 open black liners of other brands right now.  I might sell or trade it.  I am intrigued by the brown and plum in the future shipments though, although I didn't like the first round of clay liners from their TSV a few years back so it kinda scares me away from trying this one!  Those didn't blend out well and also pulled on my lids.  You seem to love the formula so maybe I'll give them a shot.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm surprised how much I like the foundation. I only need a bit of coverage in my t-zone and redness on my cheeks so I use a clean finger on the lid and dab in those spots and just blend in with my fingers. I set it with a dry beauty blender and the tarte Amazonian Clay powder stuff and it looks amazing.

I feel like I won't need another foundation for forever because I use so little, but I want the full size powder from the next shipment.. Not sure if I will keep the AD or not. I need to find someone to split it with, I wear light gloss and won't use those.
Agreed with the coverage - it really is great!  In the past if there was something I didn't want from a kit like this I traded it or sold it on ebay.  It makes up a little of the cost at least, and then you get to keep the products you really like.

Life would be so much easier if there was a set/kit splitting site. "I only want half of this, who wants the rest?"
Ha, that's brilliant!  We should start it here, this would be the site for it huh?

On my next AD I'm so torn between getting Light, like my first shipment, or switching to Fair.  The Light foundation is perfect but the Light CC stick was too dark.  So the Fair CC stick would be perfect and foundation probably too light, especially for summer.  Oh the decisions!!  I kinda wish you could build your own with these as far as foundation colors when two items are included like this, especially since tarte is notorious for having difference in undertones in the same shade.

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I still haven't tried it...I have 4 open black liners of other brands right now.  I might sell or trade it.  I am intrigued by the brown and plum in the future shipments though, although I didn't like the first round of clay liners from their TSV a few years back so it kinda scares me away from trying this one!  Those didn't blend out well and also pulled on my lids.  You seem to love the formula so maybe I'll give them a shot.
Liners are a weakness of mine. I have dozens everywhere. I don;t usually blend mine out so I can't testify as to blending but it doesn't tug my lids at all. With the new info that they're qvc exclusive and I'm gonna go on a limb as to exclusively to the set, I might have to keep AD.

Liners are a weakness of mine. I have dozens everywhere. I don;t usually blend mine out so I can't testify as to blending but it doesn't tug my lids at all. With the new info that they're qvc exclusive and I'm gonna go on a limb as to exclusively to the set, I might have to keep AD.
I bet they will come out as a set at some point in the future, but who knows when?  I could see them releasing them as a 3 pack in 6-8 months, towards the last AD shipment of this set.  But even then they'll probably be $30 or $40 for the set, knowing tarte, so you might be better off paying the extra for all the other products too.  You can always swap or sell what you don't want.  If you had a Fair CC stick, Light Foundation, or mascara you didn't want I'd totally trade you for other products or a Sephora/Ulta gift card or something.  So it might be a win/win for you in the end :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still haven't tried it...I have 4 open black liners of other brands right now.  I might sell or trade it.  I am intrigued by the brown and plum in the future shipments though, although I didn't like the first round of clay liners from their TSV a few years back so it kinda scares me away from trying this one!  Those didn't blend out well and also pulled on my lids.  You seem to love the formula so maybe I'll give them a shot. Agreed with the coverage - it really is great!  In the past if there was something I didn't want from a kit like this I traded it or sold it on ebay.  It makes up a little of the cost at least, and then you get to keep the products you really like. Ha, that's brilliant!  We should start it here, this would be the site for it huh? On my next AD I'm so torn between getting Light, like my first shipment, or switching to Fair.  The Light foundation is perfect but the Light CC stick was too dark.  So the Fair CC stick would be perfect and foundation probably too light, especially for summer.  Oh the decisions!!  I kinda wish you could build your own with these as far as foundation colors when two items are included like this, especially since tarte is notorious for having difference in undertones in the same shade.
. Same here, the CC stick is too dark for right now. Once I start using a little st Tropez tanner on my body this summer, I think it will work.. So I definitely want the fair CC stick. Maybe the fair foundation can work as a highlighter? Lol I don't know what to do.

Ok so confirmed that the liners and blusher/bronzers are exclusive to that set. Boo!

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

. Same here, the CC stick is too dark for right now. Once I start using a little st Tropez tanner on my body this summer, I think it will work.. So I definitely want the fair CC stick. Maybe the fair foundation can work as a highlighter? Lol I don't know what to do.
I'm still deciding too, but luckily we have a few months.  I wish we were opposite (fair and light) and then we could swap, ha!  But we both need the Fair CC stick and Light foundation.  I wonder if it might be worth putting in a call to Tarte CS to see if there's any way they would help us out.  I'm sure they have tons of CC sticks in their inventory and I wonder if they would at all possible be willing to swap them out for us themselves vs. possibly losing out on two people canceling their orders, or maybe allow us to go to Ulta or Sephora to exchange the brand new sticks.  Doubt it but hey - it's always worth asking, the worst they can say is no.

Ok so confirmed that the liners and blusher/bronzers are exclusive to that set. Boo!
I know with the tarte AD plan from a few years ago when the Amazonian Clay foundation first came out they said those blush shades were exclusive, and now I see that a few of those were added to regular inventory (Glisten and Peaceful).  So maybe that's true right now but they might add it later!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm still deciding too, but luckily we have a few months.  I wish we were opposite (fair and light) and then we could swap, ha!  But we both need the Fair CC stick and Light foundation.  I wonder if it might be worth putting in a call to Tarte CS to see if there's any way they would help us out.  I'm sure they have tons of CC sticks in their inventory and I wonder if they would at all possible be willing to swap them out for us themselves vs. possibly losing out on two people canceling their orders, or maybe allow us to go to Ulta or Sephora to exchange the brand new sticks.  Doubt it but hey - it's always worth asking, the worst they can say is no.

I know with the tarte AD plan from a few years ago when the Amazonian Clay foundation first came out they said those blush shades were exclusive, and now I see that a few of those were added to regular inventory (Glisten and Peaceful).  So maybe that's true right now but they might add it later!
Yup, yup. I can only go by Tarte's word right now, though I'm holding out hope because that purple liner looks pretty.

So is anyone canceling their AD on this one?  I'm still deciding but I only have a few weeks!  

I just ran out of the foundation.  I think I am going to cut the mesh part off to see if there's still more hiding in there.  I like the foundation but it is really similar to the Amazonian Clay foundation and the AC lasts longer for me than this one did.  I am also almost out of the CC stick but if I get Light again it's going to be too dark and I'll have to try to exchange it again...  The next bronzer color, peach bronze, looks pretty but I've hardly made a dent in the one I have - those clay blushes last FOREVER.  From the pictures I've seen it looks like it could be really similar to the one from the last shipment and not sure I need another one.  I could use another brown eyeliner, and I've been wanting to try the face powder for a while.  So there are definitely some pros and cons to keeping this AD shipment!

Decisions, decisions!

I canceled. I have foundation to use up and budget is a little tighter than I planned so I cancelled last night,

Back