Tarte Amazonian Colored Clay 7 Piece Collection (Pic Heavy, as usual)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I finally got my set today but I've been away doing PTA stuff for parent teacher conferences.. And I'm DYING to try it tomorrow but I have another long day of volunteering. I'm pretty sure the makeup rule book says don't try a brand new makeup routine on days you will be running around and not be able to touch up, etc. that's ASKNG for a disaster. But... But... I wanna play! Maybe I could try the primer and the blush.. I did try the lippy and was shocked I liked it even though it's bright. I always go for lighter pinks since I wear a lot of eye makeup.. But I love this shade!
Oh yea, I'm pretty sure that is just good common sense skills right there lol. I'm a play person too. I'll try stuff on as soon as I get it.

well I've been using my set the past few days and I gotta say I love it. Theres not one thing in the set I don't like. My BF has even made a point of telling me my makeup looks great the past few days. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I finally tried the CC stick this weekend and I really love it!  It doesn't have much coverage but for a no-makeup look it provides just enough to even out my skin tone and make my pores look smaller.  I didn't even think it felt too heavy under the foundation, which I was worried about.  It blended right into my skin tone too.  It just doesn't cover redness or blemishes at all, so I still dabbed foundation on top of the CC stick in certain areas.  Otherwise, another great product from tarte!

I know this is a long shot but does anyone by chance have the fair shade in the CC stick that they would want to swap for light? I've used mine three times.. So you would want to scrape the top layer/sanitize (I used on clean skin obviously but it was directly applied). I don't want to return the whole thing to QVC..and I can use the foundation ok.. But the CC is slightly too dark for this time of year.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this is a long shot but does anyone by chance have the fair shade in the CC stick that they would want to swap for light? I've used mine three times.. So you would want to scrape the top layer/sanitize (I used on clean skin obviously but it was directly applied). I don't want to return the whole thing to QVC..and I can use the foundation ok.. But the CC is slightly too dark for this time of year.
I had the same problem actually.  The Light foundation looks good on me blended out but the CC stick was too dark.  So please don't think badly of me, but I actually swapped it at Ulta.  I shop there a lot and have spent lots of money there so I didn't feel too bad about it, but I still know it's not a great thing to do.  I just went in straight to the front counter and told them I didn't have a receipt and wanted to exchange for the Fair shade.  They were very good about it and the Fair shade looks so much better on me.

I think I will switch to the Fair if QVC lets me for the next shipment.  The foundation might be too light then but I can save it for the winter time.

I had the same problem actually.  The Light foundation looks good on me blended out but the CC stick was too dark.  So please don't think badly of me, but I actually swapped it at Ulta.  I shop there a lot and have spent lots of money there so I didn't feel too bad about it, but I still know it's not a great thing to do.  I just went in straight to the front counter and told them I didn't have a receipt and wanted to exchange for the Fair shade.  They were very good about it and the Fair shade looks so much better on me. I think I will switch to the Fair if QVC lets me for the next shipment.  The foundation might be too light then but I can save it for the winter time.
I went into sephora today and swatches the two on my hand and the fair was perfect. I've been thinking I'd switch my next shipment as well.

I still have problems with Tarte foundation- even the lightest shade makes my super fair skin look yellow. What's your take on the combo of the primer and foundation as far as color is concerned? Would you say it's a pink, yellow or neutral base? Thanks!

I only have the light shade and agree they are more yellow.. I am very cool but for some reason, when I apply the foundation lightly, it balances out my red cheeks and just works. Maybe my bronzer and cooler toned blush help make it look better? Maybe I look yellow and no one tells me? Hahahaha

Actually, duh, I have been using a self tanner (st Tropez mousse) this past week because I have been doing a loreal foundation study that was a bit darker than my light winter skin tone.. I am not using it 'full strength' but just mix some with my regular lotion before applying. I don't use the tanner on my face but It very well could be the light fake tan that makes it look ok. The light shade CC cream still makes my face too dark though. It would be good as a contour primer but that's kind of silly haha I need the most primer help on my oily t-zone anyway.

Update:

So after thinking about it long and hard, I think I'm going to cancel my auto-delivery. The things I want from future shipments don't justify the cost to stay on the plan. I don't need 2 more mascaras or 2 more foundations. I'm a little sad because I love Tarte but I think it's the right decision for me. There's so many other things I want to buy cosmetics-wise that I'd rather just spend my money on specific pieces I love. If I had loved the foundation or they had kept the brushes in I would have kept A-D until it ended.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Update:

So after thinking about it long and hard, I think I'm going to cancel my auto-delivery. The things I want from future shipments don't justify the cost to stay on the plan. I don't need 2 more mascaras or 2 more foundations. I'm a little sad because I love Tarte but I think it's the right decision for me. There's so many other things I want to buy cosmetics-wise that I'd rather just spend my money on specific pieces I love. If I had loved the foundation or they had kept the brushes in I would have kept A-D until it ended.
Awe, sad!  But you need to do what's best for you and it's good you realized you'd rather use that money for other items. Sometimes I know I get caught up in the hype and don't always consider things like that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wasn't sure about the foundation at first either, but now I really like it.  I just wish it were faster to apply - I feel like it needs more work than the Amazonian Clay foundation so I don't always have time in the morning for the careful application whereas the AC foundation I can just throw on and go.  I adore the bronzer blush and use it almost daily now.  The primer stick I have a love/hate relationship with.  I really love the finish the first few hours and how it evens me out, but I hate that it makes me look super greasy by the end of the day and I need powder or blotting sheets to keep from looking like an oil slick.  I think it's good for weekends or 'no makeup' look days though.

In the future shipments I am looking forward to new blush/bronzer colors, the powder, and the eyeshadow primer, so the lure of that is making me stick with AD right now!  

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Awe, sad!  But you need to do what's best for you and it's good you realized you'd rather use that money for other items. Sometimes I know I get caught up in the hype and don't always consider things like that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wasn't sure about the foundation at first either, but now I really like it.  I just wish it were faster to apply - I feel like it needs more work than the Amazonian Clay foundation so I don't always have time in the morning for the careful application whereas the AC foundation I can just throw on and go.  I adore the bronzer blush and use it almost daily now.  The primer stick I have a love/hate relationship with.  I really love the finish the first few hours and how it evens me out, but I hate that it makes me look super greasy by the end of the day and I need powder or blotting sheets to keep from looking like an oil slick.  I think it's good for weekends or 'no makeup' look days though.

In the future shipments I am looking forward to new blush/bronzer colors, the powder, and the eyeshadow primer, so the lure of that is making me stick with AD right now!  
I'm hating the fact that the new liners aren't anywhere except the kit. I love that black. I think the extra time is what killed it for me. Most times I do a quick face, so I prefer to get my  base down as quickly as possible. It was a really close decision, in fact I still haven't pulled the trigger on cancelling yet lol. I keep logging in and chickening out.

Does anyone know if these will eventually be sold elsewhere besides QVC? Just curious. I'd like to try out the bronzer blush, but I don't think I'd want the liquid foundation, except for the packaging!!!

I have no idea when the bronzer or the liners will come out but the lip gloss released today.

Awe, sad!  But you need to do what's best for you and it's good you realized you'd rather use that money for other items. Sometimes I know I get caught up in the hype and don't always consider things like that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wasn't sure about the foundation at first either, but now I really like it.  I just wish it were faster to apply - I feel like it needs more work than the Amazonian Clay foundation so I don't always have time in the morning for the careful application whereas the AC foundation I can just throw on and go.  I adore the bronzer blush and use it almost daily now.  The primer stick I have a love/hate relationship with.  I really love the finish the first few hours and how it evens me out, but I hate that it makes me look super greasy by the end of the day and I need powder or blotting sheets to keep from looking like an oil slick.  I think it's good for weekends or 'no makeup' look days though. In the future shipments I am looking forward to new blush/bronzer colors, the powder, and the eyeshadow primer, so the lure of that is making me stick with AD right now!  
I'm surprised how much I like the foundation. I only need a bit of coverage in my t-zone and redness on my cheeks so I use a clean finger on the lid and dab in those spots and just blend in with my fingers. I set it with a dry beauty blender and the tarte Amazonian Clay powder stuff and it looks amazing. I feel like I won't need another foundation for forever because I use so little, but I want the full size powder from the next shipment.. Not sure if I will keep the AD or not. I need to find someone to split it with, I wear light gloss and won't use those.

Update: So after thinking about it long and hard, I think I'm going to cancel my auto-delivery. The things I want from future shipments don't justify the cost to stay on the plan. I don't need 2 more mascaras or 2 more foundations. I'm a little sad because I love Tarte but I think it's the right decision for me. There's so many other things I want to buy cosmetics-wise that I'd rather just spend my money on specific pieces I love. If I had loved the foundation or they had kept the brushes in I would have kept A-D until it ended.
I forgot to cancel my last shipment of the BB tarte TSV from last year and it arrived yesterday :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't want to spend the money to return it so I guess I'll have to ebay it. :-S

Life would be so much easier if there was a set/kit splitting site. "I only want half of this, who wants the rest?"

Back