Tarte Amazonian Colored Clay 7 Piece Collection (Pic Heavy, as usual)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for this post!  I love Tarte and have been using the Amazonian Clay foundation for years, in the same shade as you - Light.  I used to use fair but it made me way too pale looking.  The light is a bit dark in winter but matches my skin much better in the summer.  I was debating getting light or fair in this set but went with the light.  Judging from your pictures it should work out fine for me.  The lip gloss, blush, and eyeliner look great on you!

I'm hoping the CC stick doesn't break me out.  Anything with silicone usually does.  Will you update if you find it breaking you out please?  If it does I might trade or sell it!

0.68-oz colored clay SPF 15 liquid foundation and 0.51-oz colored clay CC primer in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Deep 0.31-oz clay blush bronzer in Peach Bronze 0.27-oz LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Flush, a pink berry shade 0.10-oz clay eyeliner in Espresso, a brown shade 0.24-fl oz lights, camera, LASHES mascara in Black 0.32-fl oz smooth operator finishing powder Makeup bag in Peach color
0.68-oz colored clay SPF 15 liquid foundation and 0.51-oz colored clay CC primer in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Deep 0.31-oz clay blush bronzer in Rose Bronze 0.27-oz LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Blushing Bride, a plummy rose shade 0.10-oz clay eyeliner in Midnight Plum, a deep plum shade 0.24-fl oz lights, camera, LASHES mascara in Black 0.13-fl oz CC eye primer Makeup bag in Rosy Pink color The second and third shipments in the auto delivery. I'll probably stay on for the full shipment cycle.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

0.68-oz colored clay SPF 15 liquid foundation and 0.51-oz colored clay CC primer in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Deep
0.31-oz clay blush bronzer in Peach Bronze
0.27-oz LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Flush, a pink berry shade
0.10-oz clay eyeliner in Espresso, a brown shade
0.24-fl oz lights, camera, LASHES mascara in Black
0.32-fl oz smooth operator finishing powder
Makeup bag in Peach color

0.68-oz colored clay SPF 15 liquid foundation and 0.51-oz colored clay CC primer in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Deep
0.31-oz clay blush bronzer in Rose Bronze
0.27-oz LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Blushing Bride, a plummy rose shade
0.10-oz clay eyeliner in Midnight Plum, a deep plum shade
0.24-fl oz lights, camera, LASHES mascara in Black
0.13-fl oz CC eye primer
Makeup bag in Rosy Pink color

The second and third shipments in the auto delivery. I'll probably stay on for the full shipment cycle.
Awesome info, thanks for posting it!  I love that they are doing finishing powder and eye primer in future shipments.  I have been wanting to try that powder for a while.  I signed up for AD tonight and I really hope I ordered the right foundation color now!  I kind of wish they would include something else instead of the makeup bags though.  I really don't need three giant makeup bags, but I can I could gift them to friends.

Same here. I have so many bags I can't keep track of them.I wish all the shipments had the brushes though. I'm really excited that there are different colors of the eyeliner though I wanted to buy more of them and I can't find them anywhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Same here. I have so many bags I can't keep track of them.I wish all the shipments had the brushes though. I'm really excited that there are different colors of the eyeliner though I wanted to buy more of them and I can't find them anywhere.

They eyeliners do look pretty!  And I agree about the brushes - I love their brushes.  The buffer brush is my favorite brush.

So I just wanted to make sure that you feel the light shade in the new formula is very similar in color to the light shade from the Amazonian Clay foundation?  I already placed my order but am so torn on the shade.  Their fair makes me look very pale but their light is a bit too yellow for me, so it's hard to know without swatching which one will be better for me.

Give me a sec and I'll do side by side swatches on my hand.

Never mind the hairy arm lol

It seems so much thinner putting it on my arm but it def. feels heavier on my face lol

Awesome, thanks so much!  They do look really similar so I will stick with the Light shade.

This was fun to read and I loved the pictures. I ordered it as the tsv and I'm kicking myself for not doing the pre-order with the easy pays lol oh well. I finally got a shipping emailed but of course none of it has updated the past few days... (It's probably hanging out with both of my BirchBoxes hahahaha)

This was fun to read and I loved the pictures. I ordered it as the tsv and I'm kicking myself for not doing the pre-order with the easy pays lol oh well. I finally got a shipping emailed but of course none of it has updated the past few days... (It's probably hanging out with both of my BirchBoxes hahahaha)
I was really surprised there was NO payments. I figured if not 4 than 2 or 3. I'll be honest, when it said easy pay might not be available on TSV day I thought it was a gimmick.

I was really surprised there was NO payments. I figured if not 4 than 2 or 3. I'll be honest, when it said easy pay might not be available on TSV day I thought it was a gimmick.
EXACTLY. I thought there would be 2 or 3 and was like ha-ha qvc, nice trick..... I wanted to see more reviews first. I like to buy a TSV and then pay over a few months and then get either the next shipment or try out something else.

Well I missed it as the TSV, and I would order it now, but light is sold out and that is the color I would nee.  I am kicking myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, if you are into bright colors, I'd shy away from the matte palette. It's just not colorful at all. I am trying to find a combo that works really good on my eyes. I feel like it should work better for me since I have fair skin and blue eyes, but I don't know, I just can't get it to look right for some reason.

I still really like it and I'm glad I own it. The brush that comes with it is cute, and I really like the blush color, if I can get enough layered on.

I do like the eyeshadows, but I don't 'love' them.
Hmmm, I take it back. I really do like my palette. I'm wearing it today and I think I did a much better job with it.

To pick up the blush well, I think a natural-bristle brush is a must.

Also, the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes goes well with it, I think- I just wish it came in a brown shade.

I'm happy with my purchase, both inside and out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Then again, keep in mind I'm pale and not very bold with my makeup. I tend to like barely-there 'looks' .

So I just got my TSV in the mail.  I figured I'd add my thoughts to your wonderful post!

The light foundation went on very yellow at first, but after brushing it out it looks much better!  It might be a tad too dark for me in the winter right now, but in the summer it should be perfect and is definitely a bit dewier than the Amazonian Clay Foundation.  I really love that little brush it came with.  It's so much smaller than the big brush that comes with the Amazonian foundation, although I do adore that brush for the wonderful finish it provides overall.  This smaller brush allows me much more control around my eyes and nose.  I also love that they put SPF 15 in the foundation.  You really don't need much of this foundation at all, so this little tub will probably last me at least 6 months! 

I have not tried the BB stick yet, I'm debating selling that since I don't know how much use I'll get out of it.  I don't have a lot of problems with my skin except for subtle pigmentation from acne scars and the occasional breakout, so I feel like if I use both the BB stick and the foundation it might be overkill.  I suppose I could use the BB stick when I'm having a 'good skin' day and need lighter coverage.  Also the same with the eyeliner - have not tried because I have tons of black liner already.

The blush is really great and I like the various shades all together.  It provides a very healthy looking glow on my cheeks, and I like the ease of use vs using a blush and bronzer separate.  I do LOVE Tarte's Park Ave Princess bronzer - the matte one - it's perfect for light skin to add color without being too orange or brown.  The bronze tones in this compact seem very similar to that.

The gloss is a pretty color and not sticky with a subtle smell.  It's a bit bright but I think it's a nice transition-into-spring shade.  It feels lighter on my lips than the Vitamin-Infused lipgloss I used to love.

The mascara I already love, one of my favorites!  Adds length and definition without flaking or irritating my eyes.  It does need an extra coat after 6-8 hours of wear.

The pink makeup bag - ugh!  Seriously one of the cheapest feeling and looking makeup bags I've ever gotten in a kit.  My other makeup bags from Tarte have been great, very sturdy and cute enough to pass as a clutch even sometimes, but not this one.  I'd be embarrassed sending this out if I worked for Tarte!

So overall I like this kit a lot and am glad I got it.  I have been a Tarte junkie for a long time and have many of their products so TSV's like this are perfect for me.  I am very excited to get the powder and eye primer in future shipments, and the future shipment colors also look great so I'm very happy I'm on AD!

So I just got my TSV in the mail.  I figured I'd add my thoughts to your wonderful post! The light foundation went on very yellow at first, but after brushing it out it looks much better!  It might be a tad too dark for me in the winter right now, but in the summer it should be perfect and is definitely a bit dewier than the Amazonian Clay Foundation.  I really love that little brush it came with.  It's so much smaller than the big brush that comes with the Amazonian foundation, although I do adore that brush for the wonderful finish it provides overall.  This smaller brush allows me much more control around my eyes and nose.  I also love that they put SPF 15 in the foundation.  You really don't need much of this foundation at all, so this little tub will probably last me at least 6 months!  I have not tried the BB stick yet, I'm debating selling that since I don't know how much use I'll get out of it.  I don't have a lot of problems with my skin except for subtle pigmentation from acne scars and the occasional breakout, so I feel like if I use both the BB stick and the foundation it might be overkill.  I suppose I could use the BB stick when I'm having a 'good skin' day and need lighter coverage.  Also the same with the eyeliner - have not tried because I have tons of black liner already. The blush is really great and I like the various shades all together.  It provides a very healthy looking glow on my cheeks, and I like the ease of use vs using a blush and bronzer separate.  I do LOVE Tarte's Park Ave Princess bronzer - the matte one - it's perfect for light skin to add color without being too orange or brown.  The bronze tones in this compact seem very similar to that. The gloss is a pretty color and not sticky with a subtle smell.  It's a bit bright but I think it's a nice transition-into-spring shade.  It feels lighter on my lips than the Vitamin-Infused lipgloss I used to love. The mascara I already love, one of my favorites!  Adds length and definition without flaking or irritating my eyes.  It does need an extra coat after 6-8 hours of wear. The pink makeup bag - ugh!  Seriously one of the cheapest feeling and looking makeup bags I've ever gotten in a kit.  My other makeup bags from Tarte have been great, very sturdy and cute enough to pass as a clutch even sometimes, but not this one.  I'd be embarrassed sending this out if I worked for Tarte! So overall I like this kit a lot and am glad I got it.  I have been a Tarte junkie for a long time and have many of their products so TSV's like this are perfect for me.  I am very excited to get the powder and eye primer in future shipments, and the future shipment colors also look great so I'm very happy I'm on AD!
Agreed with everything you said. I had the same yellowing the first time, it definitely needs a light hand. I love the eyeliner. I also have tons of black liner but I think this one is my favorite, very smooth and it beats out UD for me because it's automatic. I've been travelling with it in my Vegas bag the last two weekends. The makeup bag is just silly it wasnt even worth adding to the review it added no value, lol.

Hmmm, I take it back. I really do like my palette. I'm wearing it today and I think I did a much better job with it. To pick up the blush well, I think a natural-bristle brush is a must. Also, the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes goes well with it, I think- I just wish it came in a brown shade. I'm happy with my purchase, both inside and out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Then again, keep in mind I'm pale and not very bold with my makeup. I tend to like barely-there 'looks' .
I'm glad you like it better now. It looks so pretty *sigh*. I just know it would sit there though.

I'm so sad I missed this when it was the TSV on QVC but I ended up ordering it anyway. It's out for delivery today can't wait to try everything out. I'm also looking forward to the CC eye primer.

Quote: Originally Posted by JayneDoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so sad I missed this when it was the TSV on QVC but I ended up ordering it anyway. It's out for delivery today can't wait to try everything out. I'm also looking forward to the CC eye primer.
How exciting JayneDoe, I just love when I get new products in the mail!  Trying everything out is so fun.  Let us know what you think!

Oh man, I finally got my set today but I've been away doing PTA stuff for parent teacher conferences.. And I'm DYING to try it tomorrow but I have another long day of volunteering. I'm pretty sure the makeup rule book says don't try a brand new makeup routine on days you will be running around and not be able to touch up, etc. that's ASKNG for a disaster. But... But... I wanna play! Maybe I could try the primer and the blush.. I did try the lippy and was shocked I liked it even though it's bright. I always go for lighter pinks since I wear a lot of eye makeup.. But I love this shade!

Back