Teeth Whitening (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local mall has a new kiosk called Smile Science or something like that. It costs $100 and can whiten up to 11 shades. I actually sat and watched some people get it done, and I was pretty impressed.

I just don't know that I'm brave enough to do it, since I've never heard of them before. Hubby says I have white teeth, but I'm my own worst critic and I told him you can't be too white. Unless they're so white they're blue, lol.

ETA: found some links...

Teeth-whitening kiosks pop up all over country | www.azstarnet.com ®

Flyer

Does aeninnyone know if crest whitening strips are avalable in the UK

sorry misspelling, anyone, lol

The pharmacys sell it but they make peroxide gel just for teeth whitening too..

Might be called Chemists over there?

I use Crest Whitestrips Premium. They work and you usually can see results within a few days of starting whitestrips. My teeth get really sensitive using them though so I switch to a sensitive toothpaste (Sensodyne) a few days before using the strips and continue using it until I'm finished the box of whitestrips. You need sensitive toothpaste. It'll make a huge difference, seriously. Also, I find that if don't use the strips too close together (as in you do them every other day/every two days instead of everyday) my teeth don't hurt as much.

It's kind of a pain to sit there for 30 mins with gunk over your teeth since the strips sometimes "float" out of place but I think the results are worth it. I think Crest came out with some new strips that you need to put on for only 5 mins a day so those may be worth looking into. They're also waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than getting them done at the dentist!

I ordered some Crest white strips on line from the US last year as it was cheaper than buying locally. The results were good and I just maintain my teeth now with a whitening toothpaste.

I dont know if we have the Crest whitestrips here but i'll check them out.

i've started with the baking Soda and waiting for effects.

I've got a hold of some peroxide now, but that's only 3% peroxide, is that enough? Also, for how long should I "hold it in my mouth"?

I haven't whitened my teeth in more than a year, but I still get comments on how white my teeth are. And I've noticed even MORE comments in the last 6 months. I've been chewing a lot of gum in the last 6 months, like all day. I know it's probably bad, I buy Orbit sugarfree Wintermint sticks. They clean my teeth of any food residue after eating which is probably how they look clean most of the time
wink.gif

And I also stay away from any soda or caffenaited drinks, or any drinks for that matter. All I drink is water, it's good for my teeth and no extra calories. Plus we need it. And I use the cheap Colgate Whitening with Oxygen bubbles.

I think my profile pic is the newest I have, non edited yet.

Hope it helps!

I went to one of those teeth whitening kiosks that recently started popping up around the mall....for $54 I thought, sure why not! They guarantee that it will be white for 2 years, but hey, you get what you pay for....after the treatment was done (which was 20min) it was noticeably white, but it never upheld...its been about 2 months, and that brightness is long gone!

Originally Posted by RepOslow /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've got a hold of some peroxide now, but that's only 3% peroxide, is that enough? Also, for how long should I "hold it in my mouth"? Any suggestions?=D

I order Day White 9.5% hydrogen peroxide formula from Amazon. It's strong, a little goes a long way, and I find that I get less "bounce back" color with it than products carbamide peroxide. As a person who drinks TONS of coffee, getting my teeth white can be a challenge and Day White is the one most up to the task. Rembrandt was awful- gave my teeth a weird, pearly gray cast that lasted for months. Crest did nothing at all.

I may eventually get Zoomed in the dentist's office, but I'm extremely apprehensive. It's reported to be very painful and it is very hard on your enamel. Also, I would just always prefer a safe at home treatment. Just more convenient. I'm lazy.

Originally Posted by RepOslow /img/forum/go_quote.gif Any suggestions?=D Still looking for an answer to it haha

Hi,

I've been looking for a while now around teeth whitening due to too much coffee and the dreaded smokes. I've looked at lots of products and it's all a bit bewildering.

Does anyone have advice on what products are best etc? any home methods?

Also I found a site called (Link removed) who offered quite detailed advice and directions towards various pepole and products.

Has anyone used them and if so how did they rate it?

Thanks

I just use the Crest Strips and they work really, really well.  The first time I ever used them I followed the directions on the box.  Then once a week I'd use a strip to help keep my teeth white.  I've also found that using mouthwash really brightens my smile.

I've tried the Listerine whitening strips and the Walmart version of the Crest Strips and neither of those worked on me.

most of the strips and trays work with hydrogen peroxide.

You have some way to keep the "medicine" against your teeth for half an hour or longer, and it effectively cleans/bleaches it.  (It's not recommended if you have sensitive teeth to begin with)

I've used the dissolving Crest White Strips and Aquafresh White Trays.  I like the trays better because I don't like how the Crest Strips are also laying against the inside of my lips, and since I don't like the taste of it, I end up just keeping all the dissolved spit and gunk in my mouth until I spit it out half an hour later.

The trays aren't meant to be swallowed, and mostly stay in the trays (I remember taking a napkin and wiping the gunk off my teeth afterwords), but my lips didn't feel like they were exposed to the acid as much, and it felt easier to apply since I kind of put my teeth in them, then pushed the gunk in the trays against my teeth to make it stick. (The crest strips as soon as they touch anything in the mouth, they begin to melt)

Those are the only two I've really tried.

I know a lot of people like the white strips and didn't like the trays though (since you're not supposed to swallow the tray gunk you still end up sitting there if any of it slides out of the trays...but I'm doing that either way)  the tray gunk was more of a snot texture though, instead of a melted bubbly ick foam thing.  I can't imagine the strips are necessarily good to swallow either though, probably just safe enough to not make you sick from one set of strips.

Have you tried brushing  your teeth with baking soda and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide.  Its a quick and cheap way to whiten your teeth.  It's not dramatic but you will see some results.

Back