Teeth Whitening (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried brushing  your teeth with baking soda and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide.  Its a quick and cheap way to whiten your teeth.  It's not dramatic but you will see some results.
Oh yes, that makes sense if you are just looking to clean off stains. I suppose if you are going for the pearly whites then it's bleaching those teeth and going for teeth whitening treatments

I mix a rinse of 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 water and rinse before I brush my teeth. That and the  Crest 3D Luxe toothpaste really keep them whitened if you use 2 x a day. I drink a lot of coffee and soda that discolor my teeth. This combo works good for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautypro2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've tried several teeth whitening strips (Crest 3D Whitestrips, Equate Advanced Whitestrips, Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit...), but so far my favorite has been Walgreens Whitening Dental Wraps. I just picked up a box one day at Walgreens because it was only $17 and I thought it was worth a try, and now I absolutely love it! I was so surprised that a Walgreens brand of whitening strips would work as well as it did. 

Great tip, thanks! I use Crest Whitestrips but am interested in a cheaper alternative. 

Try oil pulling! I saw significant improvement in one session. Kinda gross, but worth it! I did mine with sesame oil. 

A natural way to whiten teeth that I recently discovered is mixing strawberries, raw coconut oil, and baking soda together and applying it to your teeth for 15-20 minutes. It's helped a lot. I also love using Supersmile toothpaste.

Quote: Originally Posted by shinycurls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  is the lamp lightening or the thing that you can put all night work?

Isnt bad for the teeth?

Heat in general can actually help. However; you must apply something to whiten the teeth. I know if you use hydrogen peroxide (not recommended for those with sensitive teeth) and baking soda before using heat, it can actually help whiten and brighten your smile.

Quote: Originally Posted by Marj B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is oil pulling?

You basically take about a teaspoon of coconut oil (you can use sesame or sunflower too) and gargle with it for about 20 minutes. After you spit it out, you rinse your mouth with sea salt and then brush your teeth normally.

I have yellowish teeth too. I have read an article that baking soda with lemon really works. Have anyone of you tried this? I have not tried this regimen because I'm afraid that baking soda would damage the natural enamel of my teeth. I am also planning to visit my dentist but I am worried because I think it is expensive. Please, give me some tips on how to have whiter teeth. And please recommend teeth whitening products that really works. Thanks in advance!

It is true. Lemon juice is acid and baking soda is for mechanical abrasion, I know it was used for washing teeth but I don't know it's effects on whitening or damaging enamel.

And I'm not sure that a dentist will tell you the true even if he knows it. His interest is to have you as a client. He will solve your need but I don't think he will tell you that you can solve your problem without him.

You can try salt also, I tried it once or twice, you can hardly keep it in your mouth. It kill germs for sure but I don't know what to say for whitening because I have white teeth so I couldn't notice any difference

You are so lucky that you have natural white teeth.  Me, I have really yellowish teeth and sometimes it affects my self esteem.  I brush my teeth at least twice a day but my teeth did not get better though I don't have plaques and cavity.

can anyone give me reviews on "oil pulling" I don't think i can swish coconut oil for 20 minutes. I can't even enjoy that shower for that long ….. i have children :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In the past I've used Aquafresh trays.  They work really well.  The color of your teeth will determine how many treatments you'll need.  I just order Dr. George's Dental White Kit because of Jaclyn Hill's (YouTube Make-Up Artist) recommendation.  I received it about a week ago, but haven't tried it yet.  Everything she recommends is awesome so I know it will work well.  It was $25 for a double pack.  

I use the Glo whitening vials. I like them and they do a great job, so much easier than the actual machine (which I also have, but don't use much anymore). I want to try oil pulling too.

I always get my gel at www.brightwhitesmiles.net  They offer Hydrogen peroxide as well as carbamide peroxide.  They gave me my pearly whites. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try the five minute whitening gel that Walmart and Walgreens carries. If you go on youtube, you can find Kandee Johnson's video on it. Use the tray with the gel in the shower instead of just just for five minutes. I can leave it on for 30 minutes, a few days in a row. Once I achieve the shade, I just maintain by using in the shower once a week. I haven't been doing the routine much now, so my teeth are looking a bit less than white. I have sensitive teeth, but if they start getting sensitive from using it, I just switch my toothpaste from sensodyne. Doing it in the shower helps with that messy foaming at the mouth you do from having it in your mouth. It's super cheap and easy to find. =)

Loving this thread!! I'm a black coffee drinker and I like my diet coke too (bad, I know :S) and my teeth are starting to irk me! I'll have to try some of these tips. I've used crest white strips to good result, I'm just so broke right now -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One thing I haven't heard mentioned yet is laser teeth whitening. I haven't tried it yet. I've only tried strips so far which have worked pretty well, but you asked to know of all. Those are all the ones I know. Here's some more info on laser teeth whitening. Also, avoiding coffee and wine helps, but that's easier said than done :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back