Teeth Whitening (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i haven't tried home products yet. but my friend swears on the crest white strips. and i honeslty do think they work. her teeth seem much whiter.

Go Smile has a teeth whitening device that includes 6 ampoules. It retails for about $170, but you can make payments if you purchase it from QVC. One of my girlfriend's used this and it made her teeth incredibly white.

Another option is the Pen Duo by Smileactives. I want to try the Pen Duo by Smileactives, as I have read great reviews.

I use 'Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advanced Vivid' twice a year (in December and then 6 months later in June). And then I use 'Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid' toothpaste, or 'Crest 3D Glamorous White' toothpaste as my regular toothpaste to maintain the whiteness throughout the months I'm not using white strips. It works pretty well. I've had a friend who got it done professionally and said that it's not worth it, you get the same results from at home whitening. But that was just his experience I can't say if it would be the same for everyone.

Thanks for all of the above suggestions (especially the strawberries; it's so interesting that they can whiten teeth)! I am a coffee drinker, and I need to do something about my teeth. I do use a whitening toothpaste, and I occasionally use the whitening gel.

I agree that Zoom is kinda painful. I had mine a month before my wedding last year. There are 4 sessions for 15 minutes each but I really had to be tough to finish all four.

It is strongly recommended to have teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months, accompanied by regular brushing and flossing.

I wasnt able to maintain the whiteness of my teeth after Zoom. When I went back to my dentist for my crowns two weeks ago, she told me that my teeth are still white and normal in color.

I cant explain it much but the way i understand is like this : My teeth after Zoom were of that 020 (Bleach). After a year (due to staining) they became B1, which accdg to the dentist is the most normal looking teeth a person can have.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be interested to see what people say. Since I had a root canal on my front tooth, it's gotten pretty grey. I'm looking for a solution myself
smile.gif
Root canals are actually unsafe.  You should definitely have a dentist look at it.

Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Root canals are actually unsafe.  You should definitely have a dentist look at it.
I agree. It's still the dentist who will give best advice with regard to teeth issues.

For the past year, it seems like I did all the dental procedures from Zoom, scaling, extraction, root canal and crowns. Since I started my mouth makeover, I had to stick to a regular maintenance since dental procedures are expensive. Thanks to hubby and my dental insurance.

I had multiple root canals done in two months and one is in front. The tooth is still alive but its best to save it since sooner or later, it might get infected. She saved it by doing a root canal and a week after, I got my permanent porcelain crowns. I still have two more to go. The thing is if the nerve is already dead, tooth will turn grey, therefore, a crown is needed because the tooth become fragile.

Whitening cant save that tooth, crown does. Veneers are also option if the tooth is healthy, again, it's dentist's discretion.

Hello everyone!

I've been whitening for about ten years now since I'm pretty rough on them with coffee and wine.

I order from a company in California that has a laboratory in the US, so at least I know where the product comes from.  I did try ordering from a different company and the product showed up as water, not gel, and did not work whatsoever.  I was later told that a lot of the teeth whitening products ship from China and many expire before they even reach the country of destination.

I noticed a difference after the first usage and a huge difference after a week.  Now I just whiten about once a month and my teeth stay very white!

I order the complete treatment at www.brightwhitesmiles.net and it seems to always have free shipping.

Not bad for under $40, since my first treatment was at the dentist and cost me close to $500 for the same results.

I hope this can help someone!

I too am big on coffee (and wine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I order my at home kits from www.brightwhitesmiles.net

They offer free shipping worldwide and I've never gotten a bad batch of product from them.

had the same problem and I started to use toothpaste Crest 3D white advanced vivid! you will definetely see the results after using it

check it!

Link deleted per TOS

I tried Crest 3D whitestrips through influenster and it worked really well! You can choose the level of intensity too and also buy the other crest 3D products - toothpaste & mouth wash to go with it. I noticed a big improvement.

I also have used the Crest 3D White strips and have noticed some whiter teeth :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  They're not too expensive so it's worth giving it a shot and seeing if it works for you

Over the counter products are strong stain removers at best. Companies are not allowed to sell products with a high amount of 'chemicals' to customers under law therefore these products do not actually whiten your teeth. For long lasting teeth whitening with the best results and least risk, the best option is to visit a dentist and get a consultation.

I'm currently using Crest 'Professional Effects' whitening strips--it's the 12th day out of 20 and I'm seriously not noticing any difference. Those of you who've used whitening strips--have they worked for you? did you notice a difference when you were using them? 

Last time I whitened my teeth (pretty sure I used crest strips) was like 6 years ago after I got my braces off, and they worked great--my teeth were infinitely whiter. You're supposed to see at least a slight difference in the first few days alone, but this time around mine look the same as ever.

A few years ago I realized that my teeth looked awful. I didn't  realize until I saw a picture of myself! And this was with me getting a check up and cleaning  twice a year.I got Target brand whitening strips as they were less costly. The first box did a pretty good job but the second box brought my teeth back to the color they should have been. Now I use Crest 3D white LUXE  glamorous white toothpaste. Use at least 2 times a day and it makes your teeth look so nice. No more strips for me. I hope they don't discontinue this toothpaste. Maybe I should buy up a few tubes!!

I've tried several teeth whitening strips (Crest 3D Whitestrips, Equate Advanced Whitestrips, Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit...), but so far my favorite has been Walgreens Whitening Dental Wraps. I just picked up a box one day at Walgreens because it was only $17 and I thought it was worth a try, and now I absolutely love it! I was so surprised that a Walgreens brand of whitening strips would work as well as it did. 

That's funny, another store brand. The Target brand strips were maybe 14-15$. Much cheaper than name brand and worked as good or better!

Back