• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The HauteLook Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the beauty bag will only be $20 though, and last time they it went on sale down to $10, except the shipping was still $8 so that really wasn't that great of a deal (to me). That's probably my biggest complaint about Hautelook; their cheapest shipping is $6 for even the smallest items and most times is $8. I get that you're getting the product at a significant discount, but the shipping cost has stopped me from buying from there several times. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  All of these products are kinda "meh" to me.
I agree! I actually don't think I'll be buying one.

Quote: Originally Posted by susanleia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think the beauty bag will only be $20 though, and last time they it went on sale down to $10, except the shipping was still $8 so that really wasn't that great of a deal (to me). That's probably my biggest complaint about Hautelook; their cheapest shipping is $6 for even the smallest items and most times is $8. I get that you're getting the product at a significant discount, but the shipping cost has stopped me from buying from there several times. 

Same here. And it takes so long to ship.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with my Amazon Prime account.

The last  time I ordered a beauty bag from them in july I called them end of august and asked why it didn't ship they said it was getting readly so ship.. I called them every week till the end of sept  .. 2 ,months after I ordered it. They said they ran out  of the bag.   My friend got the beauty bag 6 weeks after ordering it

I love their beauty bags but the suki scrub I got in the last one is so hard now. It's like a rock. I bought one from the suki online site the month before and its still like new. The must put some expired or about to be expired products in there. I have a hautelook credit that is about to expire so I'll probably still get this one. I hope the price is good.

I think the black tube to the right of the China Glaze is Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion:

I love their beauty bags but the suki scrub I got in the last one is so hard now. It's like a rock. I bought one from the suki online site the month before and its still like new. The must put some expired or about to be expired products in there. I have a hautelook credit that is about to expire so I'll probably still get this one. I hope the price is good.
Mine was kinda hard too. I put a little dab of water in it and rhen it was fine. I wish they would put that in the bags again. I looooove it!!

Yeah!!  I got 2 of LucyB's perfumes for the price of one!!  They were 50% off - I have the amber & honeysuckle and wanted to try the green fig one for so long...since the shipping was 5.95, I figured I HAD to get another one - I love vanilla so I am looking for to trying that one out.

•  
  •   Lucy B's Apothecary - Royal Water Lotus & Vanilla Musk Eau De Parfum ...

•   Lucy B's Apothecary - Royal Green Fig & Vanilla Musk Eau De Parfum Spray
        This is the first time for me ordering there - I guess the two weeks time to get it is normal, huh?   Well, just in time for thanksgiving :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  •  

New Upcoming Events!

Wednesday October 30th at 8AM Pacific

-Pur Minerals

-Riiviva Microdermabrasion Device

The Fall Bag is up!

It's $20 + Shipping

What's Included:

• Blow Pro Blow Out Hair Spray 1.5 oz
  • China Glazie Mini in Brownstone 0.5 oz
  • Clarins Total Double Serum 0.2 oz
  • Clarins Body Firming Cream 0.28 oz
  • Crown Brush Kabuki Brush
  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion 0.25 oz
  • France Luxe Silver Headband
  • Fusion Beauty Lash Fusion XL 0.25 oz
  • Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle Hues 0.07 oz
  • NYX Glam Lipstick Aqua Luxe in Glory 0.16 oz
  • Betsy Johnson Too Too Pretty 0.06 oz

Ahhh I love this thread!!

Passing on the Fall beauty bag.. I think I'm finally overwhelmed with how much makeup I have that I'm trying not to buy anything and just work through some of the products I've only used once or not at all before buying anything new.  Plus I need to save for Christmas!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Fall Bag is up!

It's $20 + Shipping

What's Included:

• Blow Pro Blow Out Hair Spray 1.5 oz
  • China Glazie Mini in Brownstone 0.5 oz
  • Clarins Total Double Serum 0.2 oz
  • Clarins Body Firming Cream 0.28 oz
  • Crown Brush Kabuki Brush
  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion 0.25 oz
  • France Luxe Silver Headband
  • Fusion Beauty Lash Fusion XL 0.25 oz
  • Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle Hues 0.07 oz
  • NYX Glam Lipstick Aqua Luxe in Glory 0.16 oz
  • Betsy Johnson Too Too Pretty 0.06 oz
I would love the lipstick and the LG, but the rest just doesn't make it worth it to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm hoping they do a holiday one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would love the lipstick and the LG, but the rest just doesn't make it worth it to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm hoping they do a holiday one.
I'd love the lipstick and LG too, but like you I'm skipping this one and hoping for a holiday one!

Hmmm, I'm a little on the fence about this one. Doesn't seem as good as the last couple. I'd like to try the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion and the Nyx lipstick.. and I could use a kabuki brush.. 

But I'm also seeing a lot of people saying they're passing on it, so maybe I should wait until they do that $10 sale of previous bags, hah!

New Upcoming Events!

Wednesday October 30th at 1PM Pacific

-Metropolis Hair Tools

Thursday October 31st at 8AM Pacific

-Bioelements Skincare

-ELF Cosmetics

I'm interested in the ELF sale. Since they're already very inexpensive, I wonder how the sale will be.

I was excited about this one, but the contents isn't really calling my name. I'd like to get the Clarins Total Double Serum and Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle Hues, but it's hard to justify spending that much for just two things. Especially when the next PopSugar luxury box is coming out tomorrow!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New Upcoming Events!

Wednesday October 30th at 1PM Pacific

-Metropolis Hair Tools

Thursday October 31st at 8AM Pacific

-Bioelements Skincare

-ELF Cosmetics

I'm interested in the ELF sale. Since they're already very inexpensive, I wonder how the sale will be.
I'm interested to see how the ELF Sale is! I just hope it isn't all palettes since I already have their 144 palette and I don't need another palette from them.

Back