• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The HauteLook Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree, I really want them but am probably going to pass anyway... I recently got the NARS blush palette and I have eyeshadow palettes coming out my ears.  *deep breath* self controlllll *deep breath* I can admire something without owning it, plus they'll probably be on Hautelook again when it's not peak spending season for me.

Agreed - I have so many eyeshadow palettes & blush so I definitely don't need any for a loooooooooooong time. The good thing about Hautelook is you know they'll be back in a few months!

Just bought Nude 'Tude for $18! Very happy! I wanted that palette for so long and was just waiting for the right time to grab it! 

My collector self is telling me to get Betty lou and Mary Lou. Then i would have all of their face and cheek powder products! O_O

I bought a couple of the instains.. I almost bought the balms away palette but I decided to pass.  I got one instain for me and one for my mom's stocking. 

I had immediate buyers remorse, but I got the balm voyage and meet matte palettes, sexy mama, argyle and houndstooth instains and two foundations. I fell in love with their shadows from the nude tude palette I got from BB with points. Now to forget about it for a month since HL shipping is so ridiculous. They'll be Xmas presents to myself lol!

I got the In stain in Pinstripe and the Betty-Lou Manizer. I had sampled the In stain in Swiss dot and loved the application. I've been wanting to try a gold toned powder highlighter. I do like Sun Beam from Benefit but not at $28.

I got the In Stain in Swiss Dot, the Meet Matte palette, and the Balm Voyage palette. I'm going to give my mom the Meet Matte palette for Christmas, since she hardly has any palettes.

Been eyeing stuff from The Balm every time it's on there, but always resisted. I finally gave in! I got the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette, a Time Balm concealer, InStain blush in Argyle, Hot Mama, En Root Hairspray, Give Me volume shampoo and conditioner, En Root Treatment Mask, Carrot eye makeup remover, and Blueberry face mask. Picked up a few Sephora by OPI polishes, too. My 32nd birthday was yesterday. Treating myself!

Quote: Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now to forget about it for a month since HL shipping is so ridiculous. 

Seriously. When I read this I just remembered that I ordered something on HL and haven't received it yet. It takes so long that I actually forget about things. 

Quote: Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had immediate buyers remorse, but I got the balm voyage and meet matte palettes, sexy mama, argyle and houndstooth instains and two foundations. I fell in love with their shadows from the nude tude palette I got from BB with points.

Now to forget about it for a month since HL shipping is so ridiculous. They'll be Xmas presents to myself lol!
Nice! I got the nude palette and the cheaper / what's your type mascaras! I'm so excited. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I agree I hate the shipping, got taxed too. >_>

Regarding HL Buyers Remorseâ„¢, I was able to cancel my order yesterday, 5 days after placing the order!

I took advantage of the LORAC sale and free shipping yesterday, and I know some on the cyber monday thread were able to take advantage of free shipping and thebalm sale.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I took advantage of the LORAC sale and free shipping yesterday, and I know some on the cyber monday thread were able to take advantage of free shipping and thebalm sale.
I made.. FOUR hautelook orders yesterday. If they had free shipping always they would have my whole paycheck

I placed an order on 11/21 (Dollar Shave Club and Tarte) and have yet to receive a shipping notice. I called Hautelook and they refunded my shipping costs and told me they would ship in 24-48 hours. I'm happy to have my $8 back, but those are Christmas gifts... come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Hautelook. I love their deals, but the shipping makes it almost not worth the effort.

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed an order on 11/21 (Dollar Shave Club and Tarte) and have yet to receive a shipping notice. I called Hautelook and they refunded my shipping costs and told me they would ship in 24-48 hours. I'm happy to have my $8 back, but those are Christmas gifts... come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Hautelook. I love their deals, but the shipping makes it almost not worth the effort.
Hm, I might have to do the same thing! 

Quote:Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hm, I might have to do the same thing! 

You totally should. I simply made mention that I thought if I were going to have to pay $8 for shipping, that I shouldn't be having to call 3 weeks later to find out if my order has shipped and when I can expect it. She told me she would be happy to refund my shipping costs. Worth a try, for sure! HauteLook CS has always treated me well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Butter London is on sale today for $7.
I would be tempted by this but I just loaded up on Butter London in Ulta's 2/$18 + 2 GWP @ $50.  Glad I can pass on this in good conscience, for the sake of my low buy! 

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 3 orders in with Hautelook all from early NOv no shipping no shipping or notice of shipping.  I had an order with them I placed early July . I called them early sept and told them it never shipped and they refunded me . They have huge shipping problems.  You cannot count  on them if you buy anyone a gift.

Back