• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The HauteLook Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 15.00 credit, so I got the jack the lad butter london nailpolish.  I don't have anything in that color. 

I feel that the color selection of Butter Londons isn't very exciting. There was only two I would have bought, but then it's not worth paying for shipping

I got No More Waity Katie and Fishwife!  I've been wanting NMWK for MONTHS, and it's never in stock at my local Ulta.  Then I heard they weren't going to make it anymore, and I looked it up at the BL website, and it was $7.50 there, but over $9 shipping.  So $7 and $5.95 shipping was fine by me!  Still less than the $15 regular price, and adding Fishwife... a gorgeous light green holographic glitter - made it totally worth it!

Oh and then my account went weird the first time I submitted the order, I refreshed the screen and tried again, it went through fine.  And then I got an email a few hours later that they were "sorry for the technical issue" and gave me a $10 credit!!!  So I'm pretty happy with my purchase!

Wow my Cyber Monday order (theBalm) already shipped!  That's quicker than I was expecting from them.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow my Cyber Monday order (theBalm) already shipped!  That's quicker than I was expecting from them.
I got my balm order today from them

I ordered on 11/27. My stuff from the balm shipped today. My sephora by opi nailpolishes that were part of the same order still haven't shipped. I'm guessing maybe because they're a restricted item? I forgot about them until I got the email that my balm stuff shipped today. We'll see when/if they ever show up.

I just received my order from 11/20.  I really just don't understand why they can't ship faster. It takes so long it's like a freaking joke!  Except not a funny one. 

it seems like hautelook only buys the items from the retailers after they sold it. they get a total # of each items ordered, then they order those at the respective companies, and when hautelook receives those, then they ship out to the customers. hence, the slow shipping.

My The Balm order from November 27th says it shipped on the 11th of December, but when I click the tracking number, it only says a shipping label has been created. The Sephora by OPI polishes I ordered that same day still don't have a tracking number or anything. I live in the Detroit area, so I'm not off in some middle-of-nowhere place where everything is late. I can't exactly call and complain about shipping charges, because I ordered so much that the shipping was free. I know Hautelook takes awhile, and I usually expect that. But this feels like a really long time.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My The Balm order from November 27th says it shipped on the 11th of December, but when I click the tracking number, it only says a shipping label has been created. The Sephora by OPI polishes I ordered that same day still don't have a tracking number or anything. I live in the Detroit area, so I'm not off in some middle-of-nowhere place where everything is late. I can't exactly call and complain about shipping charges, because I ordered so much that the shipping was free. I know Hautelook takes awhile, and I usually expect that. But this feels like a really long time.
That' s the time Hautelook takes to ship I ordered from the balm and waiting for it too. Sometimes they take about 2 months to ship. You can call if it more than 30 days and they will refund you

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My theBalm order arrived yesterday, so keep the faith! I think they're en route.

I got the email that mine shipped on the 11th, and was scheduled to arrive on the 14th, but didn't actually arrive until the 16th. No padding, just thrown in a Tyvek bag as per usual, which kind of chaps my ass given how much they charge for shipping (though I used their free shipping promo on this order so I guess I can't complain). The product (a concealer) arrived intact and unharmed.

I also ordered on the 27th. My stuff from the balm showed up yesterday. My sephora by opi polish hasn't shipped yet.

Neither has my theBalm order. My estimated delivery date was changed to two weeks later, when I would be moving to another state. I chatted with customer service and they refunded the shipping fee and changed the shipping address to my new one, with no additional fee. I guess you can never trust the estimated delivery date.

I got my balm order about a week ago. However, the Tarte order I placed two weeks before my balm order is nowhere to be found....

I received shipping notice for my LORAC order, which I placed on Cyber Monday (I think).  It should be here Friday.

Has anyone who ordered The Balm actually received their orders? I ordered mine 11/27. I havebnot received tracking, but if I look at the order it says I could expect it 12/16. I called twice; hung up,on the first time, the second Ida's told I should have something emailed to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone who ordered The Balm actually received their orders? I ordered mine 11/27. I havebnot received tracking, but if I look at the order it says I could expect it 12/16. I called twice; hung up,on the first time, the second Ida's told I should have something emailed to me.
I got my stain yesterday I ordered

Back