The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yousoldtheworld

Michaela
Reaction score
So, I got a Look Bag today (which is odd since I had canceled...but I'm not complaining) and like last time, I like it.  I got:

Jovie Jubilee shea and argan body lotion (includes shea butter, which I like, though the scent is more perfumey than I usually go for - sandalwood, black cherries, and vanilla.)

Purlisse our protect essential daily moisturizer, SPF 30   Laura Mercier Perfecting Water Rich, hydrating water (Not sure what this is, but I'll try it!)   Virga Botanicals perfume sample, and   ORIFLUIDO.  I have been dying to try Orifluido after reading all the reviews on here, so very excited about that one. 
I'll have pics up on my blog within the hour.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ohh I'm going to hope I get one too haha, as I also canceled.

In two months, I've gotten to try two products I've REALLY wanted to try thanks to them (the Shea Terra black soap and the last product mentioned above) so I feel a little remorseful for canceling :  Maybe I can talk my parents into gifting me a sub for my birthday this month? LOL.

lol I also really liked it, but I was getting so many repeat samples (the orofluido would be  a repeat for me, shea terra was a repeat), but I liked everything I got in my bags from them. Saving money sucks lol. 

Ugh...this is the second bag I wanted from them. I just can't add another sub though. I only have BA and myglam, but I just can't lol. Sounds good though!

Does anyone know if signing up right now would be too late for the April bag? I can't get the site to load as of right now.

So, I got a Look Bag today (which is odd since I had canceled...but I'm not complaining) and like last time, I like it.  I got:

Jovie Jubilee shea and argan body lotion (just smells like shea butter, which I like)

Purlisse our protect essential daily moisturizer, SPF 30   Laura Mercier Perfecting Water Rich, hydrating water (Not sure what this is, but I'll try it!)   Virga Botanicals perfume sample, and   ORIFLUIDO.  I have been dying to try Orifluido after reading all the reviews on here, so very excited about that one. 
I'll have pics up on my blog within the hour.
I got this same bag. Overall, pretty pleased! I actually haven't tried any of these products. I didn't think I was getting one since when I log into my account it doesn't even show a charge for April. Oh well, I'm still happy. This has turned out to be a great service despite their lack of tracking. I still always get it within a few days of the 11th (which is when they say they ship).

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if signing up right now would be too late for the April bag? I can't get the site to load as of right now.

I believe they ship on the 11th, so it's probably too late for April.

That's so strange, I canceled and got a bag today too. I even double checked my bank statements and they didn't charge me anything.

Really excited to try the laura mercier water.

Last month I got a bag even though I had canceled too. I think their system doesn't actually cancel you till around the 17th of each month. At least that's what it said for mine (so I technically got the bag since it was sent before the 17th but wasn't charged.)

Ahh, that explains it!  Well, it was a nice surprise, since I had peeked at my Birchbox AND now I've peeked at the Conscious Box contents, too. I always ruin surprises for myself!

Here's a pic of the contents, for anyone interested...

What IS the water? What do I do with it...? I wasn't too excited over this month's bag so it's probably my cue to cancel so I can narrow down my subs.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What IS the water? What do I do with it...? I wasn't too excited over this month's bag so it's probably my cue to cancel so I can narrow down my subs.

I wondered the same thing so I looked it up.  It has pretty good reviews.  You can use it as a moisturizer if you have oily skin, or to prep for serums and moisturizers if your skin is normal or dry.  Here's what I found for the benefits:

Flawless Skin Perfecting Water Rich Hydrating Water replenishes moisture & preps skin for following skin care. 

Benefits: Easily penetrates deep layers & relieves thirsty skin. Adjusts pH balance with active ingredients. Minimizes & reduces visibility of pores. Repairs skin surface & enhances lipid barrier. 

I wondered the same thing so I looked it up.  It has pretty good reviews. From Laura Mercier's site:    
  • If you have oily skin, use Perfecting Water as a lightweight moisturizer
  • If you have normal to dry skin or dry to dehydrated skin, follow with an appropriate serum and/or suitable moisturizer
  • Temporarily over-hydrates, helping the penetration of active ingredients, moisturizers & serums
  • Rebuilds & repairs skin's surface layers and lipid barriers
  • Antioxidants protect against daily aggressors
  • Minimizes and reduces the appearance of pores while addressing surface dehydration
  • Fresh, gel texture provides higher levels of moisture and a richer feel on the skin
  • Never drying
Weird... I think I'll be trading it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The idiocy continues...my Hydrating Water was broken and it was everywhere. It's not exactly water per se, ad it has a slippery, slightly oily feeling. It was just the thing to get all over my clothing when I opened the bag it which it wax shipped. Not a box, but a bag with insufficient padding. This on the heels of having learned that the company had cancelled me, and I had to call about five times to try and pay them. At least they're not gypping me like GGG, but this is getting to be exasperating. Does anyone have an email for them? I accidentally deleted mine, and no ones answer g the phone in four days.

I personally am beyond pissed with this company right now. I received my February bag no problem. I waited forever for my March bag. Nothing. I logged into my account and saw that I had been flagged as a 'suspected fraud' account. I nearly shot my coffe through my nose! I looked for their email address forever on their website. Couldnt find it. So I posted several messages on their FB wall. No response. It's been many days. No answer. I finally found their email address, or the only one I could see is associated with this company, and emailed them asking what the hell is going on. It's been many more days and I'm STILL waiting for a response. Not a bloody word from them. Incidentally, the email address I found is: [email protected] 'Timothy' is supposedly the only person they have working for their customer service 'team'. Obviously he isn't doing anything but a sh1t job. I officially hate this company with a passion. I've signed up with Glossy Box now and am still with My Glam for the time being since things seem to be changing a bit since Zazi had that meeting with them. I'd never again recommend The Look Bag to anybody. Their customer service is absolute crap. And I've heard that other people also have had nothing but rubbish experiences with them.

Figured up the value of my bag at $21.51 (I assigned an arbitrary value of $1 to the perfume sample since the sample size isn't marked).

It's really too bad that so many of these subscription services have so much trouble with customer service. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally am beyond pissed with this company right now. I received my February bag no problem. I waited forever for my March bag. Nothing. I logged into my account and saw that I had been flagged as a 'suspected fraud' account. I nearly shot my coffe through my nose! I looked for their email address forever on their website. Couldnt find it. So I posted several messages on their FB wall. No response. It's been many days. No answer. I finally found their email address, or the only one I could see is associated with this company, and emailed them asking what the hell is going on. It's been many more days and I'm STILL waiting for a response. Not a bloody word from them.

Incidentally, the email address I found is: [email protected] 'Timothy' is supposedly the only person they have working for their customer service 'team'. Obviously he isn't doing anything but a sh1t job.

I officially hate this company with a passion. I've signed up with Glossy Box now and am still with My Glam for the time being since things seem to be changing a bit since Zazi had that meeting with them. I'd never again recommend The Look Bag to anybody. Their customer service is absolute crap. And I've heard that other people also have had nothing but rubbish experiences with them.

I just checked The Look Bag's FB wall again and they have deleted all the comments posted by subscribers who are complaining about customer service issues. Every single one. And not only those which were from me. I just posted again under their top post on the wall stating that April bags have shipped, asking why I still haven't received a response by email or on their wall. Guaranteed mine and other people's posts will be deleted again. I absolutely despise this company. Worst customer service ever. I emailed Glossy Box with a question when I first signed up and posted on their FB wall. I received an answer within 24 hours, by email & Facebook. The Look Bag obviously puts no thought whatsoever into customer service.

I've been checking videos on youtube to see what people got, and it seems like everyone is getting the same thing now. 

Latest posts

Back