The look bag calls it quits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by EricaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received what I'm guessing is the July LookBag today! Seriously?! I couldn't get them to send me anything when I was paying them! I checked, and they haven't charged me. Just one more screw-up to confirm they're doing the right thing by closing down.
Originally Posted by NoahsMommy52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a bag this month too even though they didn't charge me.  Crazy!

What did you guys get?  I'm hoping I'm in the group that gets a final July bag, I was signed up since the beginning and some people got the bag I guess and some didn't get charged or get the last bag even though they wanted to.  It's hilarious that you got the last bag after quitting!  They can't really use the excuse, "Oh, we were hoping to lure you back" this time, huh?  Strange!  

Found these two posts from their FB:

BECAUSE OF OVERWHELMING DEMAND, WE HAVE DECIDED TO CONTINUE THE LOOK BAG. WE'RE GOING TO RE-START THE SERVICE BY SEPTEMBER 1ST. THE LOOK BAG WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER, AND WE WILL UPDATE YOU AS THINGS HAPPEN. THANK YOU!!!
Everyone will have to re-subscribe, and we'll let you know when! Thanks again for the overwhelming support!

Seriously? Well, good lucky to them, I hope this round works out for them.

It worries me a bit how quickly they go back and forth, I think I will wait a bit before subscribing again...

I will sign up for The Look Bag again.  I think it was a great service, and only $10.00.  Yeah!!!!  Glad to hear they are coming back.  I think they missed us.  ; )

It was definitely one of my fave subscriptions, so I am signing back up. I wonder what made them change their mind though. Idk, the extra ten dollars I was saving this month from them discontinuing was supposed to justify why I signed up for the must have bag, and why i'm on the cravebox waitlist. I definitely need to cut down somehow and this is making it more difficult. =/

Originally Posted by NoahsMommy52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It worries me a bit how quickly they go back and forth, I think I will wait a bit before subscribing again...
Yep, I liked the bags I got, but I want to see how this goes for a couple of months before I resub.

I called on Thursday to ask about my refund, as I had a Yearly Sub.

Due to the "Glossybox-gate" scandal (when Glossybox, however it happened, leaked many of our credit card info's), the CC number I used for the Yearly Sub is no longer valid, and I was concerned that Look Bag had tried to refund me via the old CC number. 

When I spoke with the CS rep from Look Bag (I finally got a person during their office hours after about 5-6 tries over a 2-day period), she informed me that they were going to try and continue the beauty subscription, despite the email which was sent to everyone to say they were going to refund those with remaining months / boxes.

I am concluding from this conversation that NO ONE has gotten a refund from The Look Bag for remaining months? I sure hope they keep track of how many months everyone has left, when we are asked to 'resubscribe' and continue the current plans. I loved the last few bags for the colored makeup items, and I told the CS rep as well.

Here's hoping the best for The Look Bag!

I really liked this sub and never had any issues myself, but reading these threads makes me want to stay far far away. Doesn't seem worth the drama to me.

^ I had to call SEVERAL times a day over a 1-week period to speak with someone. I'd suggest keep trying their CS number. It's a pain but eventually I got through.

I had prepaid for a year, and only received the July bag. I contacted customer service, and they replied that they would be issuing refunds, but that was about two weeks ago.... And since they're restarting, does this mean that our pre-paids might just be rolled over to a new subscription (in other words, that we're suppose to continue with the existing subscription)?

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had prepaid for a year, and only received the July bag. I contacted customer service, and they replied that they would be issuing refunds, but that was about two weeks ago.... And since they're restarting, does this mean that our pre-paids might just be rolled over to a new subscription (in other words, that we're suppose to continue with the existing subscription)?
I would definitely call them and get an answer from them directly.

FYI - have placed calls to their 1-800 number yesterday and today, still no reply :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and no refund yet. I guess my backstop is to dispute with my cc company, but I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and a few more weeks to process the refunds? Thoughts? 

Don't wait too long because most banks and cards won't dispute after 30 to 90 days.

Sigh. Just filed and faxed a bunch of paperwork. Good call on not waiting my bank has a 45 limit, and I was on day 44. :/

Back