The look bag calls it quits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of interested to see what they come up with....no other service guarantees anything full sized, i don't think.
starlooks :]

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I joined. Couldn't resist 3 full size items for $12.95!
Me too. Hopefully it'll be good! I did like all of my Look Bags before. And they are the ones who turned me onto Shea Terra :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed back up with them because (for me) it seemed like they pull from a different pool of brands than the other subs I have (BirchBox, Sample Society, MyGlam).  The brands seem to be a bit more off-the-radar for me. And for me, that's one of the big reasons why I sign up for these services, is to try and learn about more of the brands and products out there....

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of interested to see what they come up with....no other service guarantees anything full sized, i don't think.
Red Carpet Box does.

3 full size items for $12.95!? Heck yes! I just joined. (Then again I always liked TheLookBag and I'm happy they came back.) Goodbye money~ 

three full sized items sounds tempting, but do we know what kind of brands there will be?

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

three full sized items sounds tempting, but do we know what kind of brands there will be?
Not for this bag specifically. In past bags, I got a good mix of known brands and smaller brands from them. I can remember getting Korres, Too Faced, Erno Laszlo, Laura Mercier, Orofluido, Pur-lisse, and Shea Terra in past bags, as well as some that were unknown to me. I do wish we had some spoilers or hints, but I decided it's worth it to me to give them a shot for another month.

I mean, I might end up deciding it's not worth it, but it can't be any worse than some of the Birchboxes I have gotten in the past...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not for this bag specifically. In past bags, I got a good mix of known brands and smaller brands from them. I can remember getting Korres, Too Faced, Erno Laszlo, Laura Mercier, Orofluido, Pur-lisse, and Shea Terra in past bags, as well as some that were unknown to me. I do wish we had some spoilers or hints, but I decided it's worth it to me to give them a shot for another month.

I mean, I might end up deciding it's not worth it, but it can't be any worse than some of the Birchboxes I have gotten in the past...

From The Look Bag? I never got those things. No wait... I do remember Erno Laszlo and that's it. I remember some handmade ginger soap in one bag, a handmade goat milk soap in another, those god awful eye patches, a brow pencil that's buried somewhere in my pile of stuff, a Freeman mask, and I can't even think what else. Oh that shampoo that made my scalp burn....

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not for this bag specifically. In past bags, I got a good mix of known brands and smaller brands from them. I can remember getting Korres, Too Faced, Erno Laszlo, Laura Mercier, Orofluido, Pur-lisse, and Shea Terra in past bags, as well as some that were unknown to me. 
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From The Look Bag? 
Yep, I got those brands too minus the too face glam gloss :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From The Look Bag? I never got those things. No wait... I do remember Erno Laszlo and that's it. I remember some handmade ginger soap in one bag, a handmade goat milk soap in another, those god awful eye patches, a brow pencil that's buried somewhere in my pile of stuff, a Freeman mask, and I can't even think what else. Oh that shampoo that made my scalp burn....

Yep, I got 4 or 5 bags, the posts are still in my blog. Laura Mercier hydratring water riche, Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap, Orofluido elixir, Pur-lisse moisturizer, Korres eyeshadow (which was discontinued, but not expired so I was okay with it) Too Faced sparkle gloss. And that gel liner that I still use.

I got that goats milk soap, and I have no idea what the brand was but I did like it!

There were things I wasn't terribly excited about like a Cattiva lip liner, Frownies facial patches, a Freeman mask, etc. but I got enough that I liked that I was happy with the sub.

Hi everyone! I got my look bag yesterday, October 6th. I bought a one year subscription when they first started so I still had a few months left when they stopped sending out bags. The only e-mail I got from the Look Bag said I would be receiving a refund for the remaining months, but I guess they decided to continue my subscription where I left off instead. Here is what I got:

The items were wrapped in a bubble wrap bag and came in a bubble mailer.

1. York rejuvenating sunscreen lip balm SPF 15 (mine didn't really smell or taste like anything)

2. Stila mineral matte eyeshadow - full size (got it in the color makalu, a matte black)

3. Freeman Bare Foot Scrub (or Beautiful Body Wash)

4. Pixi lip and line primer - full size

5. POP Beauty Nail Glam nail polish -full size (I haven't tried it yet, but I think it is a black crackle polish)

Originally Posted by cloudyskyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! I got my look bag yesterday, October 6th. I bought a one year subscription when they first started so I still had a few months left when they stopped sending out bags. The only e-mail I got from the Look Bag said I would be receiving a refund for the remaining months, but I guess they decided to continue my subscription where I left off instead. Here is what I got:

1. York rejuvenating sunscreen lip balm SPF 15 (mine didn't really smell or taste like anything)

2. Stila mineral matte eyeshadow - full size (got it in the color makalu, a matte black)

5. POP Beauty Nail Glam nail polish -full size (I haven't tried it yet, but I think it is a black crackle polish)
If I get this bag (or a similar one) I will be happy!

Nice! That's actually 4 full sized items! 

Originally Posted by cloudyskyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back