The look bag calls it quits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a mistake to relaunch so soon. This pushing the date back really doesn't inspire me to resubscribe.

Awesome!  I liked The Look Bag.  I'm glad to hear that you were able to rework your business.  Good luck on the relaunch!

I just went to your website to see if I could sign up yet, and I see you are in test mode - almost bought a 'TLS Test Item' for $0.10!  LOL  So, I will try again on Monday! 

From the site:  "Your monthly Look Bag should arrive on or about the anniversary date of when you joined."  That's good!  Since most of the boxes come so late in the month, it would be great to be able to have a bit of control, and have one that came in the first week or so!

My only thought about doing ship date based on the person's subscription anniversary is it may reduce the amount of 'buzz' that happens for your company throughout the month in forums like these. Let's say someone receives their box on the 1st of a month and reviews within a few days, then everyone after that date will in theory receive the same box and there wont be the excitement that usually is half the fun of receiving a subscription box (whether you get spoiler or not). Just something to think about..

Hello TheLookbag!
beer.gif

Thanks for coming into this thread to inform members that you are re-launching your business. Congratulations!

Unfortunately, we have to protect our paying advertisers against violations of our Terms of Service and we would love to protect you as well.  Please be aware, that we do not allow companies or individual to promote their products, services or websites unless you have purchased an advertising plan. Please contact our advertising team if you would like to continue to discuss your business openly. We can customize some great advertising plans with great rates. We have sent you a private message with some similar details.  Makeup Talk is open for free to the general public who are interested in learning about the latest beauty product or for general discussion, we are not a forum such as Craigslist however we do allow targeted market advertising to those on an advertising plan.

Certain items maybe sold or traded on our Buy/Sell/Trade: For Sale Items - Buy Items - Swap Items (Buy, Sell, Trade) forums (please be aware that the B/S/T forum has it's own set of rules). If you wish to use the B/S/T to sell more than a few items please subscribe to a Premium Membership. Also be aware you may NOT use the B/S/T forum to post ads for products sold on other sites. The item you're selling/trading must be posted in that forum and you must actually be in possession of that item. Any post violations will result in your post in the B/S/T forum to be edited and/or deleted.

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

They are guaranteeing 2 FS products in every bag for $12.95...I just might have to sign back up on Monday :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They are also doing a giveaway on their Facebook...3 month subs

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are guaranteeing 2 FS products in every bag for $12.95...I just might have to sign back up on Monday :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They are also doing a giveaway on their Facebook...3 month subs
Thanks for the heads-up!  Since I've committed to an October no-buy on beauty (
bawling.gif
) I guess I shouldn't sign up for a new sub the very first day of it, eh?  But maybe I can win a few months! 
7dh.gif

Just got off the phone with Leena... All of us who had a membership will continue up until your old membership would have expired, and then they will reassess how it is going, but rest assured they will probably be charging the new price.

So, IF your name and address is on file than you should be getting October's bag. Call only if you do not get it, as she has called over four hundred people already. I sincerely hope this helps, and I hope we get our bags as promised by Leena. She said that between moving, and unruly helpers who tried to sabotage "The Look Bag", and a mess with programming that they had to take a break to regroup. Take special care until we get our bag! I am due 9 months of them, so I cannot wait.

If there are people out there who did not receive the last bag (like me) please do call to let them know. She claims they covered all bases with the P.O., and everyone should have gotten what everyone else did. I'll take the nine over zero.
claps.gif

Best,

Laurel

Welp, just re-subscribed @ $12.95 + $1.13 tax = $14.08.

The site is still a bit wonky, and buttons take you in circles, but it is possible to sign up through the site now. 

Hmm, I added one to my cart but haven't checked out yet and there's no tax, maybe you pay tax if you live in CA? Yep, I had a friend in CA test it and it is charging her tax as well. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I added one to my cart but haven't checked out yet and there's no tax, maybe you pay tax if you live in CA? Yep, I had a friend in CA test it and it is charging her tax as well. 
Yeah, they're located in SoCal, and I'm in NoCal.

Just since I made my order, the price dropped from $12.95 to $11.66.  And, it said something like '10% discount'.  Maybe that is because then they add on tax.  Guess that end of the business is still being worked on.  Hope the beauty product side is ready!

Just posted on their FB:

‎The Look Bag subscriptions are now open! We now offer 2 FULL SIZE products in every bag, plus 3 deluxe sized samples for $12.95 (+ tax in CA), and there are 3 FULL SIZED products in our October bag!You will be shipped a bag when you sign up, and you will be billed and shipped a bag on your sign up anniversary date each month!

Limited October subscriptions available!

I'm kind of tempted to try it at least one more time then thinking about it and remembering all the problems they had in the past and some problems in launching again I'm going to wait and see on this one. I hope it works out for them. The items they sent out last time weren't bad but it wasn't stuff I used.

I think I might sign up again, for a month or two, to see how they've changed. I shouldn't...but I did cancel Birchbox last month...

Back