The look bag calls it quits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing you did otherwise you would have lost the money if you ended up NOT getting a refund from them.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FYI - have placed calls to their 1-800 number yesterday and today, still no reply :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and no refund yet. I guess my backstop is to dispute with my cc company, but I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and a few more weeks to process the refunds? Thoughts? 
This is exactly why I don't feel comfortable going with them again.  They obviously still have some issues to resolve.  I have to say, I am a little nervous that they still have my credit card info somewhere in their system...

I just had to cancel my card and get a new one. I had two fraudulent charges where someone was making fake itunes accounts and buying gift certificates. Trying to get an actual person at itunes was a ridiculous process, they have no phone number, so you have to do everything online and when you do finallly get someone they're not very nice. But I eventually got them to someone helpful who said they would do a chargeback with my card company. The reason I'm posting this here is because the only way I can think of someone getting my card info is from the Look Bag. Remember last month last month when people would look at their accounts and could see random people's info?

Originally Posted by EricaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just had to cancel my card and get a new one. I had two fraudulent charges where someone was making fake itunes accounts and buying gift certificates. Trying to get an actual person at itunes was a ridiculous process, they have no phone number, so you have to do everything online and when you do finallly get someone they're not very nice. But I eventually got them to someone helpful who said they would do a chargeback with my card company.

The reason I'm posting this here is because the only way I can think of someone getting my card info is from the Look Bag. Remember last month last month when people would look at their accounts and could see random people's info?
Cancelling it the best option if you know (or even think) fraud/theft is happening.

This may or may not have anything to do with the Look Bag actually. About 6 years ago and also last year I had an iTunes charge on a card and I don't use iTunes. When I called my credit card company they commented that when someone gets a hold of your credit card information they frequently use stuff like iTunes to test it. Since it is usually only a 99 cent charge most people don't even realize it unless they read statements closely. This has happened to me with two different card companies 5 years apart. They asked me if I ever let anyone walk away with my card, like in restaurants. Of course I had. They said always walk your own payment up to the register. There is also the potential that someone has an overlay scanner someplace that you may have swiped your card like the gas station. If you google credit card fraud you will see a gazillion ways they could have gotten your information. It's scary.

Hub had 36,000 of medical bills billed to his name and social security number a three years ago. It took us two years to clear up the billing and credit mess. Now I watch my bank account and credit report closely. Credit card fraud and identity theft are so prevalent now. Now I only use my Paypal debit card to purchase stuff online and quite frankly almost everywhere else. They send you an email immediately when there is a charge. Hopefully you get your new card soon and it solves your problems.

Cancelling it the best option if you know (or even think) fraud/theft is happening. This may or may not have anything to do with the Look Bag actually. About 6 years ago and also last year I had an iTunes charge on a card and I don't use iTunes. When I called my credit card company they commented that when someone gets a hold of your credit card information they frequently use stuff like iTunes to test it. Since it is usually only a 99 cent charge most people don't even realize it unless they read statements closely. This has happened to me with two different card companies 5 years apart. They asked me if I ever let anyone walk away with my card, like in restaurants. Of course I had. They said always walk your own payment up to the register. There is also the potential that someone has an overlay scanner someplace that you may have swiped your card like the gas station. If you google credit card fraud you will see a gazillion ways they could have gotten your information. It's scary. Hub had 36,000 of medical bills billed to his name and social security number a three years ago. It took us two years to clear up the billing and credit mess. Now I watch my bank account and credit report closely. Credit card fraud and identity theft are so prevalent now. Now I only use my Paypal debit card to purchase stuff online and quite frankly almost everywhere else. They send you an email immediately when there is a charge. Hopefully you get your new card soon and it solves your problems.
The card is a prepaid Visa that I load each month with some 'fun' money for my subscription boxes, and other things I may want to buy online. That's the only thing the card is used for- I use cash to pay for everything else like gas, food, etc. I use the prepaid Visa so that companies online don't have access to my bank account, only the money I've loaded to the card, which generally isn't more than a couple hundred dollars. So that makes it a little easier to narrow down where the info was stolen from. The Look Bag and Birchbox are my only subs I've ever had. I check the balance every few days, and I don't have an iTunes account either, so I noticed the charge right away. Whoever it was made two different fake iTunes accounts and bought forty dollar gift certificates. iTunes said that's fairly common for thieves to buy gift certificates, because once they're issued they can't be voided by iTunes.

Originally Posted by EricaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The card is a prepaid Visa that I load each month with some 'fun' money for my subscription boxes, and other things I may want to buy online. That's the only thing the card is used for- I use cash to pay for everything else like gas, food, etc. I use the prepaid Visa so that companies online don't have access to my bank account, only the money I've loaded to the card, which generally isn't more than a couple hundred dollars. So that makes it a little easier to narrow down where the info was stolen from. The Look Bag and Birchbox are my only subs I've ever had.

I check the balance every few days, and I don't have an iTunes account either, so I noticed the charge right away. Whoever it was made two different fake iTunes accounts and bought forty dollar gift certificates. iTunes said that's fairly common for thieves to buy gift certificates, because once they're issued they can't be voided by iTunes.
Awww I'm so sorry. Hopefully this all gets fixed for you.

Anyone hear anything official from the company on what happens to annual subscribers? I haven't heard back from my card company, and haven't heard back from LookStore either...and the LookStore site still says they're calling it quits, but the facebook site says their back?  What is going on? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They should just change their name to the WTF bag.
LOL

I always wanted to try them but keep forgetting to subscribe. I think they're here in Los Angeles too? I wanted to try those silly 'Frownies' for my brow wrinkle.

My CC company issued me a refund. And today, the LookStore has on their LookBag page that they will automatically renew prepaid subscribers (contradicting what they said on their fb replies), and will start back up in Sept (confirming what they had posted on their fb site a few weeks back):

http://thelookstore.com/dearsubscribers

But, the sign-up splash page says it's now $12/mo, for 5 samples/mo. There still seems to be some technical issues with the site...you can't sign up yet:

http://thelookstore.com/thelookbag

Sooo....they seem like nice service, but they seem to not quite have their S$%^T together. Should I chance it and re-subscribe? BB's has not been fulfilling, and I'm going to skip this BeautyFix season.... Thoughts?!

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sooo....they seem like nice service, but they seem to not quite have their S$%^T together. Should I chance it and re-subscribe? BB's has not been fulfilling, and I'm going to skip this BeautyFix season.... Thoughts?!
If it were me, I would wait. Seems to be they are coming back way too quickly after a sudden drop-out amidst problems. I say that knowing full well that the first bag could be freaking amazing and I might kick myself for not re-subbing,

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it were me, I would wait. Seems to be they are coming back way too quickly after a sudden drop-out amidst problems. I say that knowing full well that the first bag could be freaking amazing and I might kick myself for not re-subbing,
I was with them for their first launch bag...and it wasn't that amazing. But who knows, they could make a miraculous recovery. I'm going to steer clear....I enjoyed a few of the 5 bags I received, but all the issues they had in the end is enough to keep me away for good.

I think the fact that they have raised the price from $10 to $12 suggests that they have developed a more realistic business plan and are solving some of their problems.  By shutting down so quickly and cancelling the month to month subscribers, when they re-open, they can limit the number of subscriptions to how many they can realistically handle.  I hope they will have a spot for me!

I will sign up if I get the chance.  I thought they had good samples.  They just had a lot of problems.  I hope they don't start until they get everything set up appropriately, so they don't suffer like last time.

The Look Bag Facebook - Hello everyone! I wanted to update you on the status of our The Look Bag launch! We are currently testing the system and getting the products for the launch bag in order. We are shooting for a launch date of October 1st! Feel free to Facebook Message me with any questions and keep checking back for updates. You definitely don't want to miss out on this bag, it's going to be spectacular!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Look Bag Facebook - Hello everyone! I wanted to update you on the status of our The Look Bag launch! We are currently testing the system and getting the products for the launch bag in order. We are shooting for a launch date of October 1st! Feel free to Facebook Message me with any questions and keep checking back for updates. You definitely don't want to miss out on this bag, it's going to be spectacular!
 Werent they supposed to launch back up in Sept?  I am definatly holding off on subscribing again til they have shown they can handle it all.

Originally Posted by ngardner8503 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Werent they supposed to launch back up in Sept?  I am definatly holding off on subscribing again til they have shown they can handle it all.
Yep, pushed back the launch date to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Back