The Look Bag - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I didn't tell them not to sub to TLB. I said stay with Birchbox. The girl asked, "not trying to sound rude, i'm honestly wondering this... why should i choose the look bag over birch box? i'm a birch box member and i LOVE it, why should i switch?" My reply:

Hi Blair. I've been a member of BIRCHBOX for 10 months now and March was my second (and last) month with The Look Bag. Personally I found the products in TLB not to be comparable to those I get in BB. The products aren't necessarily bad BUT they don't meet my standards of luxury samples.

The other thing I want to mention is that I went to cancel my account last night with TLB only to see my account has been suspended. No idea for what since I NEVER got an email from them. In fact the only correspondence I've had with them by someone from TLB on my blog about my mini-review last month. I double checked my spam box to see if I even got a welcome email from them and nope never did.

My recommendation is to stick with Birchbox. So far out of the 15 beauty box companies I've been with or currently am with none have come close to Birchbox's samples, customer service or rewards system.

So I finally got my March bag (they had to resend one out to me at the beginning of the week) filled with..

• Cailyn Gel Eyeliner
  • Frownies
  • Indie Lee Facial Oil
  • Cattiva Lip Pencil
  • Glam Glow Mud Mask
  • Chocolate Mint Soap Sample
  • RevitaLash Volumizing Mascara - Did anyone else receive this?

I haven't seen anyone yet who got the last item, could be an 'extra' for your trouble...that's 3 make up items for you lucky! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MarielMendoza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I finally got my March bag (they had to resend one out to me at the beginning of the week) filled with..

• Cailyn Gel Eyeliner
  • Frownies
  • Indie Lee Facial Oil
  • Cattiva Lip Pencil
  • Glam Glow Mud Mask
  • Chocolate Mint Soap Sample
  • RevitaLash Volumizing Mascara - Did anyone else receive this?

I still  haven't been charged by the way......guess I should call them again tomorrow. The last time I called (2 weeks ago) Tim said I should be charged within the next few days, but nothing yet.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still  haven't been charged by the way......guess I should call them again tomorrow. The last time I called (2 weeks ago) Tim said I should be charged within the next few days, but nothing yet.

did you log in to your account and double check its status?

Yes, it says Processing, so I guess that means it should be fine. Doesn't say canceled or suspended or anything...

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did you log in to your account and double check its status?

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, it says Processing, so I guess that means it should be fine. Doesn't say canceled or suspended or anything...

So weird! I'd call them for sure.

Just a note, I just had to cancel my sub in order to switch CC and they ended up giving me 3 different orders being charged $10 each time. I've already e-mailed them about it but just as a heads up for you guys if you have to cancel/resub to just keep a watch on your bank account/e-mail. I like TLB but not THAT much lol

I cancelled my subscription last month...somehow it didn't register, I was charged, and got the bag anyway! BUT customer service was kind and refunded my money. Overall, a good experience with The Look Bag. I'm just a poor college student.

I just had a nice little talk with a gentleman named Timothy, who told me my account was canceled back in March. I told him I had called several times trying to find out why I was not charged although I received a March bag. My credit card number in the system was correct and in the end he was able to put a charge through for March and April, and he restored my service. I'm still none too happy it happened in the first place as there was nothing wrong with my card and I had plenty of cash available through the month for them to take at their leisure. I'm supposed to have the April bag shipped tomorrow--I'm not holding my breath though!

I actually think they're going out of business. There has been NO PRESENCE on their FB page and it seems like nobody has been charged (including me). I'm indifferent, wasn't my fave sub.

Uh oh. I have a feeling this is gonna start happening, though, to quite a few of the subs.

They're on Facebook but the link on their website is not working. I wonder what's going on.

I have been charged supposedly for March and April, per Timothy. However, I've received no promised shipment email and they were supposed to have gobe out yesterday. I am going to be SO MAD if I have to go through another credit card nightmare like with GGG again!

That's sad! I liked them. But I do think the market is far too saturated and no one is ever going to be able to take bb down. The early bird gets the worm, you know? 

Well, I was never charged for March despite calling Tim once and asking him what was up...I received a March bag anyway, but now my account says suspended and still no charge for March or April. People are ticked off and leaving some pretty unsavory comments on TLB's FB page. I'm just gonna leave my account suspended and see if I get a bag next week anyway...I'm not going to bend over backwards trying to pay them, either you want my money or you don't lol! Guess I'll have to sub to something different...oh well.

Oh, no. I've already paid for April (switching cc#s charged me automatically) so if I don't get anything by the end of the month ill have to file with my cc.. What a bummer, I really liked this one..

I also haven't been charged for April and their website shows no new activity in my account.  I was on the fence about this sub, so if they don't ship and don't charge, I guess they just made my decision for me.

Back