The Look Bag - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Editing a double post. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's the same as my mom and grandma (and me) with the horrific periods. 
frown.gif
 My grandmother had a hysterectomy to end hers as well as it was still going strong well into her 60's and she couldn't take it anymore. My mother nearly did too until she got breast cancer at 54 and her treatment ended up wiping out her periods. Both my mother and grandmother look very young for their age. My grandmother is 89 this year and gets carded for her senior discount all of the time! All 3 of us rarely had/have acne too. 

Though you are of a different background you have lots in common with my grandma and mom. I inherited light body hair, clear skin, and horrific periods, but I don't have flat feet.

I got the flat feet from my English dad.

> :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The periods from Hades run in my family as well, but we're we're hairy. NOT FAIR.

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You sound like my grandmother when it comes to body hair. My grandmother has never had any arm, leg, or armpit hair in her life (she's Native Hawaiian). My mother is the same, except she only has hair on the front of the lower part of her legs, but now she barely has that. I have a very light amount of arm hair (not really that noticeable), almost zero hair on the upper part of my legs, but the bottom part of my legs were always hairy... until lately! The back of my legs has nearly nothing now, like my Mom. I wish I was as lucky as my grandmother and never had any though!
Yes, my underarm hair is also very sparse. I can shave about once a month. My mother is the same and she's full blooded Italian. I think what I inherited from her is an excess of estrogen. It makes you very hairless and you seldom break out. The skin stays really smooth. But before you get jealous, it also causes tumors and horrific periods. My mom and I both had to have hysterectomies early in life to stop the tumors and the periods from hell.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL, I honestly think I might be the only one who LOVES handmade/artisan/whatever soaps.  I'd take everyone's soaps if I could. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like handmade soaps, just not enough to get excited over most of the ones I've seen in various sample boxes, and definitely not enough to subscribe to one of the "small business owner" boxes that focuses just on the soaps, ya know?

LOL, I honestly think I might be the only one who LOVES handmade/artisan/whatever soaps.  I'd take everyone's soaps if I could. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love them too! I feel like such a weirdo with my love of soap and perfume samples, lol. 

I'm right there with you!! I got sad when I finished the gingerbread soap from last month and was actually very happy when I saw another one in my bag this month! Plus,.it smells like my home made Snickerdoodles (which I actually made yesterday so I got to smell like them even after I washed the dough off! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).

Just got my bag and received:
Glamglow Mud Mask Rose Hips Black Soap Frownies Suki Intensive Nourishing Cream Indie Lee Facial Oil Lavendar Soap Sample

Still pretty happy with this service, gonna def keep it for a few more months and see what they come up with next!

I loved my products, but I am the only one who was under the assumption that it would come in a makeup bag?  According the the site, "Every month, you will receive your reusable look bag filled with carefully selected beauty samples."  

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love them too! I feel like such a weirdo with my love of soap and perfume samples, lol. 

That must be why I like you, lol...I LOVE PERFUME SAMPLES.

That must be why I like you, lol...I LOVE PERFUME SAMPLES.

lol THAT IS VERY GOOD REASONING! Perfume samples are the best, I can change up my scent and not spend a lot of money.

I just tried the little Lava Lite lip gloss sample, and I love it! Despite look gaudy and holographic in the tube, it comes out really pretty on the lips. Plus, it smells like cinnamon pumpkin. And I am a ho for stuff that smells like that! But good golly is it expensive. $36 for one!

Well I cancelled my subscription to the The Look Bag... kind of. I went into my account last night to cancel only to see they suspended my account. No idea why since I obviously paid for my March bag which I got last weekend. I always thought their payment system for it looked eerily like MyGlam's which is notorious for suspending accounts for no reason. What ever, I'm done with The Look Bag and don't recommend them. The products aren't bad and in both my bags there was at least one item over $20 which made the box value alone but still I rather take my $10 and save it and buy something I REALLY want.

BTW - anyone else having problems accessing their website today?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I cancelled my subscription to the The Look Bag... kind of. I went into my account last night to cancel only to see they suspended my account. No idea why since I obviously paid for my March bag which I got last weekend. I always thought their payment system for it looked eerily like MyGlam's which is notorious for suspending accounts for no reason. What ever, I'm done with The Look Bag and don't recommend them. The products aren't bad and in both my bags there was at least one item over $20 which made the box value alone but still I rather take my $10 and save it and buy something I REALLY want.

BTW - anyone else having problems accessing their website today?

jw, why wouldn't you recommend them? I've already canceled but I'd still recommend them over some other services that I've canceled, and definitely wouldn't discourage anyone from signing up.  

I won't tell people "no don't subscribe" since they haven't really done anything to justify me telling people not to subscribe (unlike Gogo Girlfriend or Eco-Emi which are two companies I tell people to avoid). I will state this, I wrote this in my blog...

Now I'm not saying Etsy vendors are horrible however I find it questionable that The Look Store would send out a product that's not readily available for purchase on their website. The Lady Strawberry Etsy pages states this, "All of Lady Strawberry products are 100% handmade with real fruits, cereal, oils, vitamins and minerals, for the perfect radiant and healthy skin."  Remember The Look Bag states on their site and on Facebook, "By joining TheLookBag you will enjoy a 20% discount off of every purchase of any product on THE LOOK STORE.com." How can an Esty vendor be able to supply them with enough (full size) product? It just struck me as odd and it really felt like GoGo Girlfriend all over again since GGG use to send out (when they did send subscribers sample boxes) handmade soap from unknown companies.

I cancelled last week without even receiving my first bag yet.  I reached out to The Look Store in regards to the location of where my bag could possibly be.  They responded pretty quickly and by that night they claimed to have shipped me out another bag -____- I probably should have just asked for my money back.

But you did tell someone on The Look Bag FB Wall that you recommend they stay with Birchbox and not go with the Look Bag....But maybe you see that as different....

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I won't tell people "no don't subscribe" 

Back