The Look Bag - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today. I am really happy with the gel eyeliner, I wear eyeliner everyday and will use this until I hit the pan. But I think that was really their one big ticket item. After seeing what repeat subscribers are getting, I'm going to cancel.

My bag came today. 

I already canceled before seein gthe bag so I wouldn't be tempted not to cancel. This was my second month with them.

Here's what is in it: 

-teeny tiny lip luscious by Franche

-lady strawberry mirror skin soap (full size) -shea terra black soap sample -frownies facial patches -Damone Roberts bling bling eyebrow highlighter pencil, seems to be full size but I can't be bothered to check.    I'm quite happy with it and still impressed with the look bag, but I really need to cut back. I am probably dropping beauty army too, though I feel bad since I just won a full size prize from them. 

My bag is probably here, but I don't care enough to walk down to the mailbox to check. Plus...it's raining lol.

I got my first bag today and besides the repeat gel eyeliner- I am not super impressed. Plus while the eyeliner looks fun- I have super sensitive eyes and so I don't even know how useful they will be. I too had already canceled because I didn't like how you don't get shipping notices and just generally overwhelmed with lack of makeup and think that the skin care products from SS and BB are so much better. 

Hi pretty ladies, I been a long time lurker and I figured why not show myself and join the fun :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I just got my TheLookBag in the mail today and I love it! (This is my 2nd month.) 

I was shocked to see I got 2 full size items. 
Shave Stick: $9.00

Cattiva: Eye liner $20.00 Soap: ? Black soap: ? Facial Patches: ?    Overall, I loved my bag. Can't wait for my next one~ <3

I would have loved getting your box for the 2nd month, it looks really awesome.

Originally Posted by BlackestVoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi pretty ladies, I been a long time lurker and I figured why not show myself and join the fun :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I just got my TheLookBag in the mail today and I love it! (This is my 2nd month.) 

I was shocked to see I got 2 full size items. 
Shave Stick: $9.00

Cattiva: Eye liner $20.00 Soap: ? Black soap: ? Facial Patches: ?    Overall, I loved my bag. Can't wait for my next one~ <3

Thanks! I was quite surprised that I got this bag. (I mostly get the stuff nobody wants. Example: this month's Birchbox.) TheLookBag so made up for that. Maybe you'll have better luck next month. These Beauty subs are like gambling, it's part of the fun. 
reddance.gif

I got my bag today! It's...alright. Definitely a good value, though a couple of the items won't be useful for me, personally.

I received:

Chicstix Shaving Wand in Sweet Mango.  This is full sized and retails for $9. I wouldn't have bought it, but I'll use it!

Lady Strawberry Mirror Skin Soap in Goat's Milk & Oatmeal.  I'm excited about this. It's a decent sized sample bar, I couldn't find a price, though.   Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap. I've been wanting to try this!  It's a 1 oz. bottle.  The full size (4 oz.) retails for $18, so this has a value of about 4.50.   Cattiva Dolce Diva Lip Liner in Nude.  This is a full size and retails for $20. Great sample, but I don't wear lip liner so this will be going up for trade. It's apparently paraben free and anti-aging!   Frownies Facial Patches.  The full size of this retails for $20.  It appears to have some of the patches and a small packet of a moisturizer or serum. This will also be going up for trade.   If you're interested in the lip liner or Frownies, I'd like to trade them. Send me a pm. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So, all in all, a decent bag.  A little sad I didn't get the Cailyn gel liner that other new subscribers got this month, but at least I have a couple of things to trade. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I will be canceling this sub, though, as I'm only allowing myself to keep 2, and it can't touch BB or SS.

*edit* I posted some crappy pictures of what I got in my blog, linked in my sig. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well that's strange. I received a look bag today. Even though I canceled...and was never charged.

Edit: I went back into my account to see if anything had changed, it still says Canceled. But then I noticed that my Subscription was from 02/11/12 to the expiration date 03/17/12 with a cost of only $10. I have a feeling because they set the expiration date AFTER they sent my bag that they didn't realize that I was only paying for the first bag (if that makes sense).

Anyway here's what I got (if they charge me for it in the next few days i'll just send it back because it sucks, IMO).

1. Frownies...c'mon haha I will not be using these.

2. Glamglow (this is decent)

3. Cattiva lip pencil (do not need this)

4. Black soap (i'll try this out if I keep it)

5. Indie Lee Facial oil (also don't need this)
Overall...if they don't charge me and I don't have to send it back, all but 2 of these things will probably go in my blog giveaway.

I received my bag today but I was somewhat disappointed and decided to cancel. It's okay because I still have about 10 other subscriptions!

Sorry for the pic quality, this was taken from my cell phone though I'm happy I was able to figure out how to upload pics now! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I received a brow highlighter, black soap (which I already have from BA), Goat Milk Oatmeal soap, facial patches, and lip gloss in a horribly orange color! The camera actually flatters the gloss and it looks much more iridescent in person.  

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my bag today but I was somewhat disappointed and decided to cancel. It's okay because I still have about 10 other subscriptions!

Sorry for the pic quality, this was taken from my cell phone though I'm happy I was able to figure out how to upload pics now! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I received a brow highlighter, black soap (which I already have from BA), Goat Milk Oatmeal soap, facial patches, and lip gloss in a horribly orange color! The camera actually flatters the gloss and it looks much more iridescent in person.  
try the gloss on, I put it on and its very sheer and I thought it was really pretty.;

I like your bag!

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my bag early this morning but I've been at school all day so here's the bag:

VERY MEH. I'll continue for a month or two but this bag wasn't impressive. I like the SheaTerra Black Soap but I already own it.

• SheaTerra Organics: Rose Hips Black Soap (1oz)
  • Indie Lee: Squalant Facial Oil (no idea what this does)
  • Glam Glow: Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask (7mL)
  • SukiFace: Intensive nourishing cream (0.13oz)
  • SS Soap & Body Co: Chocolate Mint Soap Sample (0.7oz)
  • Frownies: Facial Patches (4mL)

Do you think that it'd be okay to use the lipliner as an eyeliner? Since it's actually a color I would want to wear on my eyes...and it's waterproof and paraben free. I'd feel bad not using my only full size product haha

I don't see why not...I mean, they make all-purpose ones that can be used on eyes, cheeks, or lips and this seems to be a quality product. Plus, it's anti-aging!  Sadly it's not a color I'd use on my eyes, so hopefully someone will want to trade for mine.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think that it'd be okay to use the lipliner as an eyeliner? Since it's actually a color I would want to wear on my eyes...and it's waterproof and paraben free. I'd feel bad not using my only full size product haha

Awesome, well i'll try it out and let you know how it works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I really like it I may have to take yours too haha! Yours came in a box right (the liner)? Mine didn't...strange. It didn't look used or opened at all though

Yep, mine came in a box.  The box was a bit bent from shipping, but it was there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome, well i'll try it out and let you know how it works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I really like it I may have to take yours too haha! Yours came in a box right (the liner)? Mine didn't...strange. It didn't look used or opened at all though

I think I am going to end up canceling this after all. I just got my bag a short time ago and for $10 a month (plus a few of my other monthly subscriptions that I'm going to cancel) I can buy something I rather use. I know how to coupon well enough that I can get four to five full size items from the drugstore and if I don't like the items I buy I can return.

My bag from The Look Bag came today. Looks like they took a page from MyGlam and are now mailing their bags in a bubble mailer.

I got:

1. Frownie Facial Patches (Retail $19.95 for a box of 144)
  2. Franche Lip Luscious in Ice Crystal (sample size) (Retail $36)
  3. Lady Strawberry Mirror Skin Soap (sample size) (Retail ??)
  4. Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap (1 oz) (Retail $18 for 4 oz)
  5. Damone Roberts The Eyebrow King The Brow Highlighter in Bling Bling. (Retail $20)

My bag is at home but I am out of town, boo. These seems very underwhelming. I think I will be canceling. I have 10 boxes a month and this is just making an easy decision on who to cut!

March is my first month of The Look Bag (haven't yet received it, maybe it's somewhere in my office mailroom.. but who knows.. no tracking number provided).  I just cancelled after seeing the contents for March.  Trying to cut down on my subscriptions + The Look Bag isn't at all amusing. -sigh-

Hi pretty ladies, I been a long time lurker and I figured why not show myself and join the fun :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I just got my TheLookBag in the mail today and I love it! (This is my 2nd month.) 
600x448px-LL-9e935f78_IMG_0896.jpeg
I was shocked to see I got 2 full size items.  Shave Stick: $9.00 Cattiva: Eye liner $20.00 Soap: ? Black soap: ? Facial Patches: ?    Overall, I loved my bag. Can't wait for my next one~ <3

That's pretty much what I got, except I got a lip pencil. not eye. I'm really close to cancelling. The lip pencil is a nude shade and I don't do nude. I also don't have to shave my legs ( I have about 3 leg hairs which i just tweeze out when I think of it), and I don't have room in my shower for a product just for shaving my underarms. The facial patches look like a pain to use. I already have a full size of the black soap, so I'll use the sample, but it wasn't worth whatever I paid for the bag. The strawberry soap is okay I guess, but a mini size so no high value there. Actually just by writing this I think I convinced myself to let this sub go.

Back