The Monday Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really need to start using a rotation box like this, what a genius idea!
lol...mine is a rotation bag, but I love the idea too. In my bag this week (along with other general make up) is my Stila In the Light palette, Benetint, and a tarte gel eyeliner in a bronzy shade that I don't remember and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am still working on the cha cha tint I put into rotation last week, it takes so little, still using the Napoleon perdis primer too. This weeks products? I bought about 5 lip tar samples to try the colors so that will be this weeks products, though I wore Black Metal Dahlia last night at Halloween horror Nights in Orlando and I love it.

This week I will be using The Color Workshop Lipgloss Palette that I haven't touched in ages.

Alright, I'm pulling out my balm-jovi palette this week. I'm going to use it for blush, highlighter, and shadow. I will miss my benefit sugarbomb blush (that and thebalm hot mama are pretty much all I use anymore), but I will survive and get some use out of something I don't use often enough.

Last week was a success - re-tried a lipstick and fell back in love with it and tried a cleanser sample that didn't impress me. 

This week I'm using the 3 shadows Ipsy sent me from BH cosmetics a few months ago. The first time I tried them I didn't like them at all (they faded fast) and they have been languishing in the back of my stash. I'm going to experiment this week and if I still don't like them by Friday I'll pass them on to one of my sisters or daughters to try. I forgot to grab a packet from my foil packet bag so I'll do that tonight. 

I like reading what others are trying too. I agree about rotating products - it is a great way to re-discover what you have and not get bored with the same thing day after day. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Alright, I'm pulling out my balm-jovi palette this week. I'm going to use it for blush, highlighter, and shadow. I will miss my benefit sugarbomb blush (that and thebalm hot mama are pretty much all I use anymore), but I will survive and get some use out of something I don't use often enough.

Good idea - I may copy you on this one next week! 

I pulled out my Stila Red Carpet palette that Santa (DH) got my for Christmas last year. Also an EL mascara sample from a previous gift w/purchase.

I am a little late to the party but I love this idea. I am going to use my mascara from Korres every day this week I did wear it yesterday and am wearing it today. I have bought the sample set at Sephora and need to make up my mind which one I want to buy. This one is definitely in the running.

@meaganola I took your suggestion & last night I put everything I want to use daily in an old Glossybox box for daily use this week & it really did cut down on my time this morning!  So, thanks!

Two days in and two days where I got up early, wore everything, and had all my friends at work tell me how much they like my eyeshadow!  
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by donutbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @meaganola I took your suggestion & last night I put everything I want to use daily in an old Glossybox box for daily use this week & it really did cut down on my time this morning!  So, thanks!

Two days in and two days where I got up early, wore everything, and had all my friends at work tell me how much they like my eyeshadow!  
wub.gif

Yay, I'm glad it worked for you!  It makes my OCD *and* makeup freak sides happy, and when I can soothe the OCD, everything is that much better.

I am so gonna have to start this on Monday. I have so much stuff, but like someone else here mentioned, I don't get up early enough to put the stuff on! I am home from vacation tomorrow afternoon, then back to work for Thur & Fri. I am going to dig some stuff out this weekend and prepare myself for Project Monday!!

I pulled a foil out of my foil packet bag and it is an eye cream from strivectin! I thought I was currently using my last eye cream sample so I'm looking forward to giving this one a test drive. I'm a little afraid I will love it and then not be able to justify buying it because this brand is on the pricey side.

Yay, my item for next week is benefit That Gal!  I was seriously hoping for it, and there it is!  (Okay, I did throw what I'm pretty sure was a couple of loose pigment baggies, but I *hate* those things and should have thrown them out.  I can't swap these particular ones away because I already used them once, and you just can't sterilize loose pigment.)  

I do think that Girl Meets Pearl -- my item for this past week -- will probably stay in use until I'm out of it (or until another highlighter shows up in the weekly pick).  I didn't know what highlighter did until I started reading/watching tutorials before I tried this one, and I think I'm hooked on highlighter as a general makeup item!  And I probably have a half dozen different highlighter samples that are just floating around in my collection because I haven't ever really learned how to use it, but I'm a shimmer freak, so I couldn't bring myself to toss them.

(I also got some new things, but they're shimmery brown eyeliner pencil and shimmery cream eyeshadow, and I've been wearing a lot of shimmery brown eyeliner, and the cream eyeshadow will be perfect as a base and/or allover color, so I'm not going to have to force myself to use those.  I will just have to re-edit the rotation box because I think I need to swap out the Halloween purples for more November-y colors for next week.)

ETA:  Yikes!  I just checked to see what the retail value of this That Gal sample would be on a per-ml basis.  Full size is $28 for 0.37 fl oz, and this is 0.25 fl oz, so that works out to $18.92!  And Girl Meets Pearl is $30 for 0.4 fl oz, and this is a 0.25 fl oz tube, so that works out to $18.75.  I really love the sizes of the samples in this advent calendar.

My items for next week are all 6 of my The Color Workshop Dazzling Face palettes.

That's the best pic on the net that I could find. I have seriously got to start taking my own pictures of things.

Alright so I've pulled my items for this week. They are the NARS And God Created the Woman palette, cargo blush in cannes, and jouer liquid shimmer eyeliner in mink. I reallly need to organize my sample size stuff and start bringing that into the mix. I'm thinking that will be a task for while I'm off for Thanksgiving. 

Joining the Monday Club!

For my first week, I separated out all of my "everyday" makeup (Face & Eye Primer, BB Cream, Setting Powder, Mascara) and placed them in an old Beauty Army box (which will now sit out on the counter, instead of my giant makeup bag - making my hubby very happy!).  Then I grabbed a few more "permanent basics" (Black & Brown eyeliner, neutral lipliner) and threw them in.  

Items up for weekly rotation:

Eyeshadows (GDE sample size pigments)

Blush (Two Cosmetics in Luxe)

Lipstick (Ulta Lip Pencil in American Girl, UD Lipstick in Manic)

Eyeliner (UD 24/7 in Gunmetal)

Next week I'm going to start adding an untried item each week to push my boundaries, but switching to a smaller selection each day was enough for me this week!

It won't come until tomorrow, but I will be using my UD Glinda palette, and the Crush eyeliner pencil.

I didn't like either of the products I tried last week so my youngest daughter received the BH cosmetics eyeshadow and I'm tossing the eye cream from Strivectin. 

This week I'm trying out the Alison Rafaele foundation I received from birchbox, the shade is a pretty good match but a little too heavy on the yellow pigment for my skin tone. I'll wear it a couple more times but I wasn't impressed this morning when I put it on - very light coverage and I need more. 

I forgot to grab a foil packet to try this week so I'll do that tonight. 

So last week I used the Korres mascara from the lash stash and I absolutley love it. I also used an eyeshadow quad all week from Ulta that was for free with a lot of other goodies a few months back and it worked out well. I am happy seeing it notjust lay in a corner. I am trying to avoid using my naked palette until our vacation in three weeks. So the mascara is in a good position to be bought full size.

This week I am using the Tarte Mascara that came in the stash. I will also be picking one of my eyeliners that I barely use this afternoon. Actually two one black and one blue to vary depending on what I am wearing that day. Additionally I am using the other eyeshadow quad that came with the Ulta goodie bag.

Back