The Monday Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked my items for this week. Decided its time to utilize naked 2. My naked palette is well loved and I've hit pan on 3 shades and made noticeable dents on 3 more, but I never got as into naked 2. I think by the time I purchased naked 2 I just had sooo many palettes it never made it into my regular rotation. I actually used it last night for going out and was pretty happy with how my look turned out. I do like the colors in it, so it should be a fun week. 

For blush I'm rotating in cargo tonga. I have so many cargo blushes and they are so darn big I don't think I'll ever use up a single one of them. 

This week's makeup:

-Breakng into my FS Smashbox BB cream (finally used up my foil which lasted TEN days!)
-Chella highlighter crayon
-Benefit Gimme Brow

-Urban Decay pencil eyeliner in Perversion

-Urban Decay Box of Shadows IV Redux

-Urban Decay Primer Potion sample

-Benefit They're Real mini (still goin' strong -- probably used this mini 50+ times!)
-Wet N Wild Megalength mascara (for my bottom lashes)

-Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel-creme

-Benefit Porefessional mini (another mini that seems to be lasting forever!)
-Nivea lip balm in olive oil & lemon

-Sally Hansen invisible lip liner

-Rimmel Scandaleyes crayon in whichever shade matches my shadow that day
-ELF blush in Tickled Pink (finally hit pan on this!)

-ELF eyelash primer

And for my night regiment:

-Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover (new; finally used up my Maybelline)

-Tea tree bar soap made locally from co-op (doing wonders for my blackheads!)

-Yes to Blueberries eye firming cream (another foil that's lasted me over 20 applications so far)

-Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Cream

-ELF Lip Exfoliator

-Be Delectable hand cream

I can still barely believe that I've gotten up early & done my makeup every single day for the last two weeks!  So proud :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Le sigh. There was An Incident today. I can't use nail strips until the nubbins grow out. I'm going to have to toss the nail strips back I to the mix and get something else. On the up side, short nails = dark nails, so I can dig out those almost-black colors again! And the replacement item: Ooh, I hit the jackpot! benefit Coralista lip gloss! It will not be hard to force or remind myself to use this *at all*.

This week I'm trying out a CoverGirl Outlast lip stain I've had a loooong time. It was free and it is a brown shade which I generally don't like so this will be a good opportunity to grow to like it or layer something over it to make it appealing to me.

My foil packet this week is a two pack UD face primer. I like their eye primer but have never tried their face primers.

Last week I tried the Alison Rafaele foundation which was a bust, the coverage was too light for me. I also tried Benefit Porefessional primer which I liked.

I'm such a geek, lol. I put all of my makeup in a spreadsheet with each column being a specific type of cosmetic. I then used a random number macro to choose my products for the week. And here's what destiny determined that I use:

Primer: From the Lab

Foundation:Hourglass (all the foils I have stashed)

Blush: NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo

Highlighter: Dermablend 

Eyeliner: Eyeko Skinny Liner (purple), Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Black

Eyeshadow: Clinique palette (this also includes a blush, so I'll probably use that on some days), Nuance Eye Trio (also includes a black eyeliner and highlighter that I will rotate in)

Lipcolor: OCC Lip Tar (Anime...I actually hate the way this looks on me, so I will rechoose), Bare Minerals Moxie Gloss in Maverick, Clinique Black Honey Duo

I don't rotate through mascara, so it just stays in my bag until it's time to replace it (Jan 1).

I am using the lancome mascara out of my mascara stash kit. Not too excited so far. I think it will be between the Tarte and the Korres for the full size. I am suing my regular foundation with the coralista blush but I will switch the blush out starting Wednesday for the one from the Benefit sugar bomb kit that should arrive in my mailbox tomorrow.

For eyeshadows I picked the Stila Sydney palette and got reminded already how much I like it. For lips I am using my four Bite lippies I got from Sephora this weekend. i think I will fall in love with these!

THis week and next week i am trying to narrow down the items to take on vacation with me. I do not think it will be an easy task (;

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm such a geek, lol. I put all of my makeup in a spreadsheet with each column being a specific type of cosmetic. I then used a random number macro to choose my products for the week. And here's what destiny determined that I use:

Primer: From the Lab

Foundation:Hourglass (all the foils I have stashed)

Blush: NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo

Highlighter: Dermablend 

Eyeliner: Eyeko Skinny Liner (purple), Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Black

Eyeshadow: Clinique palette (this also includes a blush, so I'll probably use that on some days), Nuance Eye Trio (also includes a black eyeliner and highlighter that I will rotate in)

Lipcolor: OCC Lip Tar (Anime...I actually hate the way this looks on me, so I will rechoose), Bare Minerals Moxie Gloss in Maverick, Clinique Black Honey Duo

I don't rotate through mascara, so it just stays in my bag until it's time to replace it (Jan 1).
I don't think that is geeky, I think that is awesome, lol. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am using the lancome mascara out of my mascara stash kit. Not too excited so far. I think it will be between the Tarte and the Korres for the full size. I am suing my regular foundation with the coralista blush but I will switch the blush out starting Wednesday for the one from the Benefit sugar bomb kit that should arrive in my mailbox tomorrow.

For eyeshadows I picked the Stila Sydney palette and got reminded already how much I like it. For lips I am using my four Bite lippies I got from Sephora this weekend. i think I will fall in love with these!

THis week and next week i am trying to narrow down the items to take on vacation with me. I do not think it will be an easy task (;
The Benefit sugarbomb blush is my favorite. For me, its just the perfect natural looking flush. 

Swapped out some items for next week:

Eyeliner: Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Fancy (the light green shimmer!  I have LOVED this one and always feel like I never get the chance to use it.  Well now I HAVE to!)

Blush: Be a Bombshell in Sweet Cheeks

Eyeshadow: MAC quad my hubby bought for me a million years ago, lol.  Manly pinks/silvers/black.  Should be interesting to create a daytime look

Lipstick/gloss: Lipstick Queen in Medieval, mark. lipgloss in Honey

@magicalmom I have that gem liner but I don't like it because I always end up with little glitter specks under my eyes throughout the day. Have you had this problem with this liner? Maybe it is because I layer it over another liner? I stopped using it because of the fallout. 

Well, my product for this week is already in the trash! There was just no pretty-ing up that brown lipstain. U

@magicalmom  I have that gem liner but I don't like it because I always end up with little glitter specks under my eyes throughout the day. Have you had this problem with this liner? Maybe it is because I layer it over another liner? I stopped using it because of the fallout. 
Heh. For me, that's not a bug. It's a feature! I think I'm adding hair oil to the list this week. I'm not specifying brand because I'm starting with an almost-empty bottle, and then I'll work my way through my samples. This week, I'll probably be finding out what I have more of: Hair or hair oil/serum. Things can go either way.

@magicalmom  I have that gem liner but I don't like it because I always end up with little glitter specks under my eyes throughout the day. Have you had this problem with this liner? Maybe it is because I layer it over another liner? I stopped using it because of the fallout.  Well, my product for this week is already in the trash! There was just no pretty-ing up that brown lipstain. U
Haha I'm wearing it right now! And I do have some glitter fallout, but it's because I was a dummy and rubbed my eyes. It's so pretty though! I'm wearing a sparkly silver cardigan today so I look like a walking glitterbomb. Yay!!!

I'm going to use theBalm Nude'tude. I love eyeshadow palettes, and I have a lot of them. I need to start rotating through them more. I haven't used this palette much, so I'm going to start with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm going to use theBalm Nude'tude. I love eyeshadow palettes, and I have a lot of them. I need to start rotating through them more. I haven't used this palette much, so I'm going to start with it.
I'v ebeen doing a different palette every week, its been so fun! I'm going to keep that up and rotate through all of them, I have soooo many lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'v ebeen doing a different palette every week, its been so fun! I'm going to keep that up and rotate through all of them, I have soooo many lol.
I ordered the face shattered palette from UD about a week ago, and it came in today. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm switching to it instead of Nude'tude for now since it's new and I want to play with it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE makeup. I have so much that I WILL never use up!  But I cannot stop buying. LOL  As another poster said, I save samples for "a special occasion?", What's up with that??
nixweiss.gif

roflmao.gif
I absolutely LOVE this simple idea of picking one or more samples to use up each week and then rotate my many palettes and/or eyeshadows, bronzers, blushes, etc.  I tend to get stuck on one palette for a while.  Right now it's Lorac Pro but it's also new to me. I can't wait to go home and pick tonight.

I pick out my items on Saturdays since that seems to be the most relaxed morning I have. Up on deck for this week are:

Primer: Laura Mercier

Foundation:Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Blush: Instain Swiss Dot

Highlighter: the Balm - Mary Lou Manizer

Eyeliner: UD Demolition & Maybelline Master Duo Bronzed

Eyeshadow: Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette, LMDB Kaleidoscope Quad

Lipcolor: Rimmel Metallic Seduction, Estee Lauder Autumn, Aveda Blushed Honey - Yay...three of my favorites...what good fortune! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked my products to test run today too. I chose Jane Iredale Eye Gloss Liquid eyeshadow. The first time I tried it I did not have success but I read a couple of reviews of the product this evening and I think my application technique was at fault. My foil is a serum from L'Occitane.

This turned out to be a big week for incoming stuff!  November is traditionally a shimmery earthy tones month for me, so there's not a huge amount of color going on here for a change.

• Nails -- Go Scratch It nail wraps in Patchwork Wonderland.  If they don't wear well and need to be changed before the weekend, I'll switch to Square Hue Nantucket.  
  • Blush -- stila convertible color palette, probably with a focus on gerbera and petunia.
  • Highlighter -- jouer luminizing tint in pearl (it's an old Birchbox sample, and I think it's almost empty, so I might actually use it up!), benefit Girl Meets Pearl (still working on the sample from a couple of weeks ago!). 
  • Eyeshadows -- Geek Chic Cosmetics This Isn't a Democracy set, Glamour Doll Eyes Cozy Sweater.  GCC Surprise! will also stay in the box since it's part of the OTM for November with Cozy Sweater, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it because it doesn't really go with the rest of the colors very well.  It's going to be fantastic in December when I move into wearing lots of cool icy colors!
  • Eye primers --  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin (I think these will be my default primers from now on!  Warmer/lighter/earthier tones will go with Barely Branded, pretty much everything else will go with Sin.  The latter makes a *fantastic* all-over/highlighting sort of color for me).  
  • Eyeliners -- tart smouldereyes in gunmetal, Urban Decay in West.
  • Mascara -- Lancome Hypnose Star (when I remember it.  I'm not really big on mascara, and it's serious eyeliner season for me, so I'll probably forget about mascara once I get my liner slathered into place).
  • Lips -- Probably just benefit Sugarbomb.  I have a feeling it's going to be an exhausted and subdued sort of week.

My item of the week is the jouer highlighter.  I was actually not going to pick an item this week because I kind of feel like using those eyeshadows -- all of which arrived this week -- is good enough for this, but then I realized I had that tiny sample in the rotation box, and voila!  I'll use it until it's gone.  It just feels like a focus-on-shimmery-highlighter sort of week month.  Now that I think about it, maybe I'm just substituting shimmer and sparkle for color right now.  It's so gloomy and rainy right now (because November!) that perhaps it's my duty to be a walking disco ball to push just a little bit of light into the world, and I think I have five highlighters (mostly creams, which I'm finding I prefer to powders, so that's a happy coincidence!) that I have been ignoring, so I might as well embrace them now.

(And I'll continue to work on using up my hair oils.  I have a lot of them.  I also have a lot of hair, so I may actually be able to use all of them up at some point in the distant future.  My hair reminds me of that Alec Baldwin Capital One commercial where he's in a beard-growing contest or those Playdoh things where you twist the people, and hair shoots out their head.  I swear my hair grows like it gets paid to do so.  I just got it cut a few weeks ago, and I thought she cut an inch or so off, but I think it's already longer now than it was before I went in.  My hair grows really quickly.  I went from a pixie to chin-length in less than a year.  I've been told that's freakishly fast.)

Back