The Monday Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This week I opted for Stila in the garden for my eye palette. I cheated and kept the balm hot mama for my blush, lol.

This week, I am switching back to my BE foundation to see if it is my beloved Missha BB cream that is making me break out like crazy. I sure hope not. Also using my Evologie samples to try to clear up said acne. Using my watts up hi lighter and starting my BE lash domination since my fiberwig is just about empty.

Picks for this week!

Primer: Originally, my random generator picked out Benefit Stay Flawless, but it didn't play well with the Smashbox BB cream, so I opened a tube of Smashbox primer to use instead.

Foundation:Smashbox BB Cream

Blush: Josie Maran Color Stick in rosey

Highlighter: Benefit Watt's UP

Eyeliner: Clinique Quickliner in Intense Gray, Cailyn Gel Liner in Purple

Eyeshadow: Stila Barefoot Contessa, theBalm Matt Batali, Sephora baked trio (can't remember the name, but it's peachy and brown tones)

Lipcolor: KVD Lolita, OCC Lip Tar Black Dahlia, UD Lipgloss pencil in Naked, Revlon Stain in Crush.

I don't rotate through mascara, so it just stays in my bag until it's time to replace it (Jan 1).

***COPYING @jesemiaud'S FORMAT FOR THE PICKS.  Because she is well-organized (and I... am decidedly not!)***  

Picks for this week!

Primer: Benefit's The Porefessional.  I'm about 2/3 through a deluxe sample, and I like it so far!  I do have a few other trial primers to work through before I decide to purchase one.

Foundation: Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation in Light 48 (I have 2 samples from the ALMOSTVIB code.  They should last me a week.)

Powder: MUFE HD Translucent Powder.  (Very glad I have the full-size Starlooks one to use after this.  I'm tired of mini powders!!!)

Blush: NYX in Angel

Eyeliner: Kat Von D black liquid pen liner (also from ALMOSTVIB), Sephora Jumbo 12-hour liner in Khaki

Eyeshadow Primer:  UD's Primer Potion

Eyeshadow: UD's Deluxe Shadow Box

Lipcolor: Be A Bombshell Pencil in Shameless (traded for this, got it late last week, and I love it. LOOOOVE IT.), Rimmel Apocalips in Comet, Secret Agent Lipgloss in Foreign Agent Flirt (from Birchbox)

Still using a Benefit's They're Real mini, replace date Dec 1st!  I am making myself pull out two mascaras from my stash and TRY them.  If I hate them, I may throw them away and go back to BTR.

Still using a Benefit's They're Real mini, replace date Dec 1st!  I am making myself pull out two mascaras from my stash and TRY them.  If I hate them, I may throw them away and go back to BTR.
Just be sure to give each one a few days in a row before you decide. Sometimes your eyelashes need to get conditioned to it.

Copying @jesemiaud 's format and joining all of you too for this week! Let's see how I do!

Primer: UDPP for lids -- but I always use this anyway

Foundation: Kiehl's BB Cream -- getting to the farty part of my tube. It's almost done!

Blush: The Balm's Frat Boy in Balm Jovi

Eyeliner: Eyeko liner in black 

Eyeshadow: Balm Jovi palette -- this never gets used enough...

Lipcolor: Hard Candy All Glossed Up in Pout and OCC lip tar in Strumpet

ETA: I set my make up every day with Tarte's Amazonian Clay finishing powder. When I first started on MUT I obsessively collected the samples from trades (kinda also like how I did with those birchbox bobby pins..holla!!!). I ended up with 10 or so pretty easily and quickly. I filled up 2 30 g sifter jars from Coastal Scents. It totally beats having to use those tiny jars that get surprisingly messy. I'm set for finishing powder for the rest of my life. 

I figured I'll have to travel light this week since I'll be out of town for Thanksgiving. I also wanted to keep my looks simple!

Quote: Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just be sure to give each one a few days in a row before you decide. Sometimes your eyelashes need to get conditioned to it.
Each one will have to live for a week in my makeup box before I decide to toss it!  I know I'll already be prejudiced against a newcomer mascara, so I'm setting myself that rule so I'm not like "oh, it's not what I wanted" and toss it after one day!

Because I got some new stuff today: Eyeshadow: w/e cream base + UD Naked 2 Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer/Too Faced Shadow Insurance (sample) Foundation: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation (with my brand spanking new beautyblender... haven't tried the bb before so I'm excited) Liquid eyeliner: eyeko London skinny mini liquid eyeliner (got this mini in my birchbox!) Highlighter: Benefit watts up (birthday gift from sephora) Mascara: Benefit they're real (birthday gift from sephora) And I think that's my new stuff for the week... everything else is the usual :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You've all inspired me so much!  I haven't been able to commit to an unloved item for an entire week (there are a few days a week that I don't wear any makeup at all), but I've been incorporating unloved items when I do wear makeup!  Today it was a Nyx roll on eye powder.  I feel so great!  And I was able to find a way to wear it that I thought I couldn't.  (Dark eyeshadows on hooded eyes can be difficult.)  Anyway, thanks for the inspiration!

I thought I'd try this, too! I want to use some stuff up before I buy anything else. I have several BB cream samples from Korea that I need to use. Will try to use the skin79 orange label sample because I bought the full size. Using a sample of the Skinfood strawberry sugar mask Trying to get some use out of my Naked palette and an Essence brand white eyeshadow. Using a l'oreal liquid liner. Trying to use up all my disliked eyeliners. This week I'm using a black Marcelle waterproof eyeliner and the Sephora flashy silver liner (hate it! UD and Tarina Tarantino have better white liners)

I had to throw away the lipstick I was using this week. I forgot to wear it yesterday and when I opened it today I noticed it did not smell right, kind of like crayons, and the consistency was off. I don't know how old it was but I recall one of my sisters gave it to me from a GWP she had purchased. 

So, I've been doing something similar to this for years... I have OCD (like, legit OCD, not "I have a few quirks" OCD) and I'm obsessed with things being used 'evenly.' All of my makeup is laid out (each type grouped together... So I've got a row of eyeliners, a row of lip products, etc.) and every 4 days I switch products and use the next in line. I have different amounts of each item, so I get to use different combinations (it also drives my OCD crazy if, for example, I have the same number of eyeliners and mascaras because then I'd always be using the same eyeliner/mascara combination).

Anyway, enough about my issues. Here's my combination this rotation (unintentional rhyming!)

Primer -- The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer (not really sure if this is supposed to be used as a primer, but I like the way it makes my face look) and Too-Faced Lip Insurance. I only have one eye primer currently (Body Language Eye Potion).

Foundation -- The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact in natural ivory

Eyeshadow -- I'm using the Sephora + Pantone Universe Elemental Energy palette, focusing on the Emerald shade for this rotation.

Eyeliner -- Julep Kajal Eye Glider and I'm only using the Brown Shimmer side this rotation.

Mascara -- Manna Kadar Lashware

Blush -- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape

Highlight -- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal

Lip -- Buxom lipstick in Two-Timer

Aaaand, because I consider fragrance part of my makeup routine I'll be using Summerfield Soaps Perfume Oil in Lemon Curd.

So I'm actually pretty happy with the products I've got this time around!

So, I've been doing something similar to this for years... I have OCD (like, legit OCD, not "I have a few quirks" OCD) and I'm obsessed with things being used 'evenly.' All of my makeup is laid out (each type grouped together... So I've got a row of eyeliners, a row of lip products, etc.) and every 4 days I switch products and use the next in line. I have different amounts of each item, so I get to use different combinations (it also drives my OCD crazy if, for example, I have the same number of eyeliners and mascaras because then I'd always be using the same eyeliner/mascara combination). Anyway, enough about my issues. Here's my combination this rotation (unintentional rhyming!) Primer -- The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer (not really sure if this is supposed to be used as a primer, but I like the way it makes my face look) and Too-Faced Lip Insurance. I only have one eye primer currently (Body Language Eye Potion). Foundation -- The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact in natural ivory Eyeshadow -- I'm using the Sephora + Pantone Universe Elemental Energy palette, focusing on the Emerald shade for this rotation. Eyeliner -- Julep Kajal Eye Glider and I'm only using the Brown Shimmer side this rotation. Mascara -- Manna Kadar Lashware Blush -- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape Highlight -- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal Lip -- Buxom lipstick in Two-Timer Aaaand, because I consider fragrance part of my makeup routine I'll be using Summerfield Soaps Perfume Oil in Lemon Curd. So I'm actually pretty happy with the products I've got this time around!
This list sounds particularly nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This list sounds particularly nice.
Thanks! I was really happy with the color combinations I ended up with (a few weeks ago I ended up with a cobalt eyeliner and a lime green eyeshadow -- yikes). One of my "rules" is that if my particular eyeshadow that I'm using is in a pallet, quad, etc. I can use the other shades as well (as long as my "focus color" remains the focus) so I used one of the shimmery brown colors in the crease and made a really nice earthy smoky eye look. I was the hottest girl buying cat food at Target this morning, probably!
wink.gif

I had set aside an item to use this week, but I've been terrible about waking up on time this week, so I've been cutting my makeup routine to very little.

Alright, so it's time for me to swap out my makeup and I'm so excited because I've been driving myself crazy trying to fit all of my samples into the rotation and it just wasn't working for my mind, so they've been just sitting in a box, staring at me and making me feel guilty... Well, I've decided to just close my eyes and pick one at random and use it until it's gone. So my sample is (drumroll...) a fragrance vial from Hugo Boss - Bottled Night. So I'm gonna smell like a sexy dude for a while. So far I really like this on myself, but I'm kinda sad because I know that it's going to take me longer than the 4 days to use up an entire fragrance sample. Oh well.

For the rest of my look...

Primer -- Tarte Clean Slate Poreless (face) and Julep Blank Canvas Plumping Lip Primer (I actually prefer this to the Too-Faced one)

Concealer -- Smashbox Camera-Ready full coverage concealer

Eyeshadow -- Still working my way through my Elemental Energy pallet, focusing on using Ginger Snap (a medium-brown matte shade)

Eyeliner -- Julep Kajal Eyeglider - Carbon Black

Mascara -- Michael Marcus mascara - Black

Blush -- AVON true color blush - Heavenly Pink

Highlight -- Benefit Watt's Up!

Lip -- Clinique Black Honey Lip Duo

Quote: Originally Posted by bnicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Alright, so it's time for me to swap out my makeup and I'm so excited because I've been driving myself crazy trying to fit all of my samples into the rotation and it just wasn't working for my mind, so they've been just sitting in a box, staring at me and making me feel guilty... Well, I've decided to just close my eyes and pick one at random and use it until it's gone. So my sample is (drumroll...) a fragrance vial from Hugo Boss - Bottled Night. So I'm gonna smell like a sexy dude for a while. So far I really like this on myself, but I'm kinda sad because I know that it's going to take me longer than the 4 days to use up an entire fragrance sample. Oh well.

<snip>
That's pretty much exactly how this whole thread started!  Pick one thing (probably a sample, since many of us have a bin of unused samples from various subscription boxes and GWPs) from your stash and use it for the whole week or until it runs out.    I thought it would take me a week or less to use up any given sample, but then I discovered that a lot of these samples are like the Zombie Keg That Would Not Die**.  Highlighters in particular last *forever*.  I don't think I will need to buy any for at least a year.  Maybe two.  Maybe more, if I receive another one in a sub.  I did get so frustrated with the benefit primer from the advent calendar -- That Gal, maybe? -- that I had to stop using it after just a couple of days because it would ball up on my face as it dried in the middle of application.  (I can't put fragrances into my pick-a-sample stash because I never know what I'll be able to wear until it's time to put on fragrance.  I have headache and queasiness issues that force me to have a variety of scents to choose from, and I sometimes have to sniff my way through half a dozen -- or more! -- each morning before I can settle on the one that makes me the least barfy-feeling.)

**  The story behind this one:  

I used to volunteer at a film festival, and one year, the volunteer party was the same night as a friend's solstice party.  The party was in a part of Seattle that had a Solstice Parade every year, and he started having his big annual party not because he's pagan but because it was easier to convince people to go to it if he just did an all-day/night thing where you could just go to his place after the parade.  Anyway.  The film festival volunteer coordinators got a pony keg for a whole lot of volunteers, but for some reason, we could not drink all of the beer.  They asked who wanted to take the keg elsewhere and get the rest of the beer out because it would be a waste to return it with any beer left!  They paid for it all!  Someone should drink it all!  I was the only person going to another event after the volunteer party, so since the solstice party was one of those things that regularly went until dawn, I was told to take it to my second party and return the keg to the store.  Okay, cool, my friends are big beer drinkers, and this was a local microbrew, so this should go over nicely!  Everyone at the second party was very excited to see more beer arrive, and they drank continued to drink heavily.  Fast-forward to three in the morning and me in my friend's driveway, trying to fill every gallon jug anyone could find because that damned keg was still half full!   (That may or may not have been the year that my friend Jay started telling everyone what was going to happen next in _The Fast & The Furious_ while they were watching it.  Everyone got mad at him until he explained that he had never seen the movie before.  He was just outlining the plot of _Point Break_, which was pretty much identical to _TF&TF_.)

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's pretty much exactly how this whole thread started!  Pick one thing (probably a sample, since many of us have a bin of unused samples from various subscription boxes and GWPs) from your stash and use it for the whole week or until it runs out.    I thought it would take me a week or less to use up any given sample, but then I discovered that a lot of these samples are like the Zombie Keg That Would Not Die**.  Highlighters in particular last *forever*.  I don't think I will need to buy any for at least a year.  Maybe two.  Maybe more, if I receive another one in a sub.  I did get so frustrated with the benefit primer from the advent calendar -- That Gal, maybe? -- that I had to stop using it after just a couple of days because it would ball up on my face as it dried in the middle of application.  (I can't put fragrances into my pick-a-sample stash because I never know what I'll be able to wear until it's time to put on fragrance.  I have headache and queasiness issues that force me to have a variety of scents to choose from, and I sometimes have to sniff my way through half a dozen -- or more! -- each morning before I can settle on the one that makes me the least barfy-feeling.)

**  The story behind this one:

I used to volunteer at a film festival, and one year, the volunteer party was the same night as a friend's solstice party.  The party was in a part of Seattle that had a Solstice Parade every year, and he started having his big annual party not because he's pagan but because it was easier to convince people to go to it if he just did an all-day/night thing where you could just go to his place after the parade.  Anyway.  The film festival volunteer coordinators got a pony keg for a whole lot of volunteers, but for some reason, we could not drink all of the beer.  They asked who wanted to take the keg elsewhere and get the rest of the beer out because it would be a waste to return it with any beer left!  They paid for it all!  Someone should drink it all!  I was the only person going to another event after the volunteer party, so since the solstice party was one of those things that regularly went until dawn, I was told to take it to my second party and return the keg to the store.  Okay, cool, my friends are big beer drinkers, and this was a local microbrew, so this should go over nicely!  Everyone at the second party was very excited to see more beer arrive, and they drank continued to drink heavily.  Fast-forward to three in the morning and me in my friend's driveway, trying to fill every gallon jug anyone could find because that damned keg was still half full!   (That may or may not have been the year that my friend Jay started telling everyone what was going to happen next in _The Fast & The Furious_ while they were watching it.  Everyone got mad at him until he explained that he had never seen the movie before.  He was just outlining the plot of _Point Break_, which was pretty much identical to _TF&TF_.)
Yeah, that's how I got the idea, but it took me a long time to convince myself that it would be okay to do that! I'm the exact opposite with fragrances.. Even if I don't like how something smells in the bottle, I usually like how it smells on me after a minute or two. I guess I have good "body chemistry." Or I'm just conceited and love the way I smell regardless lol

I started my new week rotation

same foundation, tru-match

same elf mineral powder(hehe the only powder I have)

elf clear mascara on my brows,,,, throwing that crap away is all yucky from eye brow pencil, and other mascara plus its pretty well empty)

a cheapie profusion eye shadow palate,, it has  a real pretty purple, green, blue, white and beige maybe not a lot of options but I love the purple  and green just  separate

the cheapie lip gloss from the palate

NYC nude lip liner. I don't usually use liner

the rest of my Pixi  black  mascara sample I got from Ipsy awhile back

heather pink  Wet n wild blush,,, its broken  but it does look  pretty

Nyc Jet black eyeliner pencil,,,,  I like it

Elf eye lash curler

I grabbed a bottle of Bbw cherry blossom spray I had  sprayed my coats, t- shoes,  whole room, purse to use it up. The sons  Gf left it here last year it needed used up

I will have worked 70 hours as of today this week, I hate to admit some days I didn't even brush my hair or wear makeup. I work night and days shifts  then slept the rest of the time or was ill  from my health issues so I look like crap, grey skin and black shadows . I just wish I had the umph to  make my self pretty when Im feeling ill.

In preparation for Monday, this is what my random generator chose:

Primer -- Paul & Joe sample from BB

Foundation -- Revlon Color Stay Aqua Mineral Foundation

Blush -- Benetint (I think this will be the end of it)

Highlighter -- Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer

Eyeshadow -- Clinique trio (it's got a pink, taupe and a smoky brown in it) and UD Mushroom/Sin Duo

Eyeliner -- Philosophy powder liner duo in brown/navy

Lipcolor -- Clinique Black Honey Lip Duo, OCC Lip Tar in Memento, LMDB Red Lipstick (from sub...unnamed as far as I know), Jouer Lip Gloss in Glisten

don't rotate through mascara, so it (Smashbox Full Exposure) just stays in my bag until it's time to replace it (Jan 1).

Latest posts

Back