The Monday Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, it's December!  Time to change things completely around!  I went with shimmery earthy shades for November -- lots of greens and browns -- and tend to go for cooler icy shades for December, just because they feel more festive, and I'm so cranky about holidays that I need a little extra push to be not-so-cranky, so let's see where my collection leads me this month.  I will be using the GCC This Isn't a Democracy set (with UD West for liner) one last time tomorrow before it goes on hiatus until February, and then after that:

• Blush -- I had been planning to go with the stila five-pan convertible color palette again, but I'm thinking I might end up going with the middle shade of the blush palette from the October Starlooks box
  • Highlighter -- benefit Girl Meets Pearl
  • Chunky shadow pencil -- tarte navy
  • Eyeshadow -- Glamour Doll Eyes in Unicorn, RoxxCandy, Surprise!, Secretive, Levitation, Heedless Heart, and the <3 of the Matter.  I need to get better about paring this list down every week, but I don't think I've used any of these shades before, so I'm not sure how I'll be using these/
  • Eyeshadow primer -- Maybelline Barely Bronzed and Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
  • Eyeliner -- Marc Jacobs Th(Ink) and Starlooks Mirage
  • Lips -- I'm going to have to be realistic here:  I will use four different lip products before noon every day.  I give up limiting myself on these.
  • Nails -- Scratch nail wraps in M Loves Floral for probably two or three more days (I'm doing a wear test, and I think they might last until Wednesday.  If so, I will probably change them even if they don't need to be changed because I applied them Thursday, and I think six days is more than enough for my purposes) and then something from the December 2014 Square Hue box (mine should be here tomorrow, and then I will be able to decide which color to start with!).  Those two should get me through the week.

New week new makeup! Face Boscia skin perfecting primer (almost done!!) Makeup forever HD foundation (almost done!!) It cosmetics bye bye redness random mixed powders (whenever a pressed powder is almost empty and it's hard to get out- I scrape it into a container and its a random loose powder) I'm trying to use this up Estée Lauder rose nuance Bronzer - revlon photo ready Eyes- Pacifica eyeshadow set with pink/gold/taupe/royal purple colors Clinique intense plum eyeliner Clinique mascara Lips Loreal liliac ever after

I've been enjoying seeing what products everyone's using and being able to rotate through their makeup stashes. I placed all of my samples in one of the Sephora gift boxes. Not sure how I will be able to stick to it as I am not working at the moment and don't wear makeup everyday now.

Oh, but not working is the best time to play with beauty stuff! If that deep conditioner turns your hair to straw, no one will notice! If you slather on neon metallic one-of-everything eyeshadow, no one will comment!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, but not working is the best time to play with beauty stuff! If that deep conditioner turns your hair to straw, no one will notice! If you slather on neon metallic one-of-everything eyeshadow, no one will comment!
I only have school and work 2 days a week and I have way too much time to play with my makeup. I've definitely given my self some crazy looks but I've also found some looks that I love

@meaganola @GabiGirl67 That's very true. I do have some new products that I have not yet tried. And I'm getting into wearing lipstick but can't seem to pick the right eye/lip combo.

Quote: Originally Posted by bubbalou33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @meaganola @GabiGirl67 That's very true. I do have some new products that I have not yet tried. And I'm getting into wearing lipstick but can't seem to pick the right eye/lip combo.
I'm in the same boat as you! I swipe on a lipstick and then my entire face looks overdone. Or clashing. Or imbalanced.

Still looking for my MLBB shade, too.

I want to jump in on this! Since it's already monday, I guess I'll pick from what I'm wearing today. So for eye shadow, I will only wear shades from my Laura Mercier artist pallete that I got a few weeks ago. For blush, I'm going to only wear my ELF blushes.

I totally failed at picking mine out yesterday because I was too tired from weekend travels, so I have a feeling what I used today is what I'll stick with for the rest of the week:

foundation - shiseido lifting foundation spf 15. 

powder - mac studio fix powder.

blush - tarte exposed.

eyeshadow - inglot 393 with a warm brown in the crease (can't remember the inglot number, but similar to mac saddle).

eyeliner - inglot eyeliner in 77

mascara - ...that one in the orange tube from maybelline? i think? in waterproof black.

lips - just eos lip balm.

fragrance - a body spray from B&BW from their last year's christmas collection. it smells nice.

pretty simple and easy to do. i need something I can slap on without thinking too much this week. lots to do and a lot of rest to catch up to. 

I forgot to write down my picks this week

• Eyeshadow: The Balm Nude' Tude Palette I forgot I had this
  • Its so Big mascara sample (FINALLY used up my last sample
  • Brow Envy
  • Primers: Sephora sample, UD De-Slick, and Revlon eye primer
  • Eyeliners: Starlooks Amethyst, Rimmel Kohl nude, Starlooks Obsidion (I like a lot of eyeliner)
  • Foundation: Dream Matte Mouse (This is like a never ending thing and I dont want to waste it but I hate foundation!)
  • Blush: Sonia Kashuk in glow
  • Bronzer: Pixi summertime ( I couldnt rotate this out, I love it too much)
  • CG Loose powder (Like the foundation, I want to finish this before I splurge on Chanel)
  • Concealer: Sonia Kashuk hidden agenda
  • Lips: MAC Hip n Happy liner, MAC Pink lipstick, Revlon Black Cherry, Dior Lip Maximizer. (I couldnt pick just one)

I used (among other things) some LUSH bright green liquid eyeliner (the shade is Healthy) that's been languishing for several months.  That felt good!  It looked nice with the three eyeshadows I chose (light brown, dark brown and bright blue).  Still working on this d%^& lipstick that is taking forever to finish.  Possibly the same combo tomorrow...

Quote: Originally Posted by bubbalou33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a thought - if I wear a brighter lipstick, I keep my eye products neutral shades. Conversely, if I have brighter shades in my eye area, I keep my lips a neutral or sheer color. 

We've been out of town for several days (I used up about a dozen foils) so I haven't had much time to think about products for this week. I am just adding one new product to evaluate. I have a Lancome eyeliner in Minuit, a dark blue. Wearing it this am and loving it so far. I had been wearing different shades of brown liners for months and forgot how good dark blue looks with my hazel eyes. 

This week for me is all about using up a few perfume samples and  using my mini lipsticks. I like to concentrate on the half gone things so I can use them up and decide if I want to re-buy/get the full size. And most of the time I don't, so it's nice to get those things out of my space

Quote: Originally Posted by GabiGirl67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This week for me is all about using up a few perfume samples and  using my mini lipsticks. I like to concentrate on the half gone things so I can use them up and decide if I want to re-buy/get the full size. And most of the time I don't, so it's nice to get those things out of my space

That's a good idea - I should add a perfume sample each week and use up some of the samples I have. 

Today I dug out an Ellis Faas eyeshadow that I haven't even looked at for 6 months.  Since this is the most expensive eyeshadow I own, I'd really better use it more often.  I like it!  Rockin it with some silver eyeliner (that I actually wear all the time) and that same f*&^% lipstick.

Quote: Originally Posted by katielp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New week new makeup!

Face
Boscia skin perfecting primer (almost done!!)
Makeup forever HD foundation (almost done!!)
It cosmetics bye bye redness
random mixed powders (whenever a pressed powder is almost empty and it's hard to get out- I scrape it into a container and its a random loose powder) I'm trying to use this up
Estée Lauder rose nuance
Bronzer - revlon photo ready

Eyes-
Pacifica eyeshadow set with pink/gold/taupe/royal purple colors
Clinique intense plum eyeliner
Clinique mascara

Lips
Loreal liliac ever after
What do you think of the IT cosmetics Bye bye redness? I bought this put it on my face to cover the redness in my cheeks from rosacea and my face was burned for days. It literally ruined my weekend.

I'm joining the Monday club. I am going to use my jouer bronzer, I love it .. but have so many bronzers that I don't use it up enough.

I'm also going to be using my hourglass ambient light powers. I usually do use one of these but don't use my palette of 3 of them enough.

Changing my look again!

Primer: The Body Shop Matte-It & Too-Faced Lip Insurance

Concealer: Face Stockholm Concealer in Light (This is brand new to me and I played around with it last night -- first impression was very good. We'll see how it holds up over the next 4 days, but this might be HG for me!)

Eyeshadow: Still working my way through my Elemental Energy pallet, focusing on "Rawhide" this round

Eyeliner: Stila Smudgestick waterproof eyeliner in "Lionfish"

Mascara: Bare Minerals lash domination volumizing mascara in "Intense Black"

Blush: Stila Convertible Color in "Peony"

Highlight: Becca shimmering blah blah in "Opal"

Lip: theBalm Stainiac in "Beauty Queen"

Fragrance: still trying to use up my sample of Hugo Boss - Bottled Night (This is tough for me; I get "scent fatigue" so easily... I just wanna smell like something different!
icon_cry.gif
)

And my random sample is.... Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream (yay!)

My accomplishment for this week: I have worn eyeliner every. single. day from mon-fri. That's a huge accomplishment for me because most of the time I'm too lazy to bother! 

Now I'm so, so excited to pick next week's. 

I used my Monday Club box this week to say goodbye to two makeup items, a lipstick and a blush that were both SEVERAL years old. I wore them one last time, admired them... Then threw them away. RIP little buddies! We had some good times!

Latest posts

Back