The Monday Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this thread and have followed/lurked it for a week or so. You guys are doing a great job with rotating your makeup and beauty products!

I'm going with stila in the moment this week, and letting myself use thebalm hot mama for this one week. I miss it!

I decided to swap in one more product to test run this week: Suki Luscious Lips Berry Trio. I used the lip conditioner last night and liked it. 

Surprisingly enough after last weeks picks of the week I ended up getting the Buxom mascara in full size out of the Mascara set. I am going to wear the Korres one again this week and picked a p2 eye palette. I also found an eyeliner in one of my makeup bags that was in the Testtube or another subscription bbox. I hadn't tried it yet so that's in the rotation this week. I am trying to use mostly vaseline on my lips due to yhe weather so that gets me to use the one from the testtube. It actually works well for my lips. Foundation is the same.

For next week I am planning to start using a looot of my samples as we will travel.

Surprisingly enough after last weeks picks of the week I ended up getting the Buxom mascara in full size out of the Mascara set. I am going to wear the Korres one again this week and picked a p2 eye palette. I also found an eyeliner in one of my makeup bags that was in the Testtube or another subscription bbox. I hadn't tried it yet so that's in the rotation this week. I am trying to use mostly vaseline on my lips due to yhe weather so that gets me to use the one from the testtube. It actually works well for my lips. Foundation is the same. For next week I am planning to start using a looot of my samples as we will travel.
This year's Lash Stash? I have that too... Did we get a voucher for a full size one in it??

@saycrackagain no, it's not the lash stash they currently have. The stashes barely seem to come with a voucher for a full size product. They have a few other sets that come with the voucher for the full isze one, I picked out the mascara one. I know there also was a perfume one. I only purchased it a month and a half ago and I can see my other purchases I made with it, but the lash set is not in my recent purchases list . The set had the Buxom, Korres, Tarte, lancome and They are real mascaras in small sizes and the voucher for any of those in full size. It retailed $25, I believe. Too bad, definitely would have bought it again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going with stila in the moment this week, and letting myself use thebalm hot mama for this one week. I miss it!

That hot mama blush is one of my favorites too. 

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used up an entire sample and a full size and am on my second full size. I like other blushes, but I love this one. Its just a natural healthy glow for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's my blush for this week too!  It's a "The Balm" week for me:

eyeshadows:  Mary Lou-Manizer and Matt Batali samples

blush:  Hot Mama

face powder:  Sexy Mama

Also an indigo eyeliner from Ulta and a lipstick from Starlooks.  I know, it's Wednesday, but I just got around to updating my makeup box!  Short week, I guess, lol.

Jumping in half-way through the week.

My face has consisted of:

foundation: Shiseido lifting fndt in deep ochre
Mac studio fix powder foundation as a light dusting 

eyebrows: mac coquette

eyeshadow: flipping UD smog and Mac all that glitters
blush: rimmel peach or mac blushbaby

I considered swapping out mac all that glitters for a different color but there's only 2 days left to my workweek so I'll just stick with it.

I've been using Tarte's Rest Assured Eyes. I like the cream highlighter, but I don't think the pencil is for me. I don't like to use products on my waterline, and I'm not sure what to use the pencil for.

Im late to this but this is such an awesome idea! I can't wait till Sunday to make my choices so I'm just going to start it today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to try and use:

My Chanel travel makeup palette (I really should save it for when I travel, but it's too pretty not to use.) I'll try and give the eyeshadow and blush another try so looks like a lighter look for me this week, the concealer and face powder which are already my HG ( I want to use this palette up so I can buy full size, and the lippies from it.

My blackheart beauty jumbo felt eyeliner pen (never used felt pens before so I'm gonna give that a try for my upper lid) I need to keep my looks edgy so hopefully this will keep it that way and I'll use my Starlooks Amethyst pencil from this months Ipsy on my lower or my UD corrupt or zero. I need to finish those off.

Also my Dream Matte mouse foundation needs to be finished off so I can finally toss it (I don't like wearing foundation, but I cant seem to just throw it out)

Smashbox photo finish primer sample

Pixi bronzer in summertime (even though it's winter :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

I'll continue to use Too Faced Brow Envy, UD de-slick in a tube, revlon eye primer and a pixi mascara sample I need to finish off.

I'm excited to find this thread

This is a great idea. It must be Ipsy week for me. Im using the Be a Bombshell blush in Sweet Checks, The obsidian eyeliner pencil,Posy (Mirabella) Fergie eye Pallate(eventhough Ipsy had it I bought one).Pixie Mascara and I bought a drugstore foundation on clearance, True Match I think. I like this because a lot of time I don't wear makeup I don't have time or I don't feel well so now I have this collection sitting out waiting for me to use. Its kinda of a random grab but it works. I work day and night shifts and this is good ,now I always have makeup on when I leave the house.Now I wear makeup daily so now I clean my skin better. Win win.

I have apparently landed in a November rut with earthy shimmery colors, but it turned out that I pared down from what I listed out last week.  I really fell in love with the colors I received from Geek Chic.  They just fit November well for me.  In December, I will be changing over to icy blues, pinks, purples, and maybe greens, depending on what I find in my stash, but for now:  

• Nails -- Color Club Top Shelf Monday through Wednesday (assuming it holds up that long) and then probably Rimmel Metal Rush in God Save the Queen.
  • Blush -- stila convertible color palette, with a focus on petunia.
  • Highlighter -- jouer luminizing tint in pearl.  If I use it up, then I'll go back to benefit Girl Meets Pearl, but the jouer has been lasting for much longer than I expected, so I'm guessing it will get me through another week.
  • Eyeshadows -- Geek Chic Cosmetics This Isn't a Democracy set.  This will be going on hiatus with _The Walking Dead_, so my last day with it this time around will be next Monday (I watch _TWD_ on the day after it airs).
  • Eye primer --  Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin (the funny thing is that when I bought it, I kind of thought that it would end up as yet another thing I used a few times and then abandoned, but I bought it anyway, and it's actually turning out to be one of my favorite purchases of the year).
  • Eyeliner -- Urban Decay in West.  It turned out the tarte pencil was just too light for me this month.
  • Mascara -- Lancome Hypnose Star (when I remember it and my eyes aren't twitchy.  I'm not really big on mascara to begin with, and it's serious eyeliner season for me, so I'll probably forget about mascara once I get my liner slathered into place, especially since this is allergy season, which translates to problems applying mascara).
  • Lips -- essence be loud! jumbo sheer sticks in pink or apricot, depending on what other colors I'm wearing.  And as always lately, benefit Sugarbomb.

I'm also trying to use up a few samples:

• a hand cream I received from Birchbox in September
  • some sort of perfumey hand cream I received from Sample Society a few months ago
  • Ourofluido hair oil
  • Macadamia Natural Oil (this one may actually be empty, but it also might have enough for one last application!)
  • the aforementioned jouer highlighter
  • AYRES body butter (I'm using it as hand cream at work right now)

And this weekend, I really need to go through the bathroom countertop, reorganize everything, and move everything but the rotation box off the counter.  The rotation box helps keep me on track and on schedule when I'm getting ready for work, but I still have a ton of clutter all over the place, and I want to make it go away.  I can probably toss that tube of Julep glycolic scrub from their first year.  I haven't used it up, and I can't remember the last time I used it at all, so it needs to *go*.

My choices for this week are going to have to carry me through all the way till next sunday, as I am leaving town and traveling out of state! This week I'm concentrating on multitasking products that don't take up too much space. The front runners are:

•  Inglot 4 pan quad with:
  1. inglot 393 - a satiny peachy champagne. looks more peachy in the pan but comes off very champagne-ivory on my skin
  2. inglot 154 - dupe for UD sidecar without the chunkiness. this one's a pearl satin. (sidecar has a darker base when not hit by the light, but other than that they're exactly the same)
  3. inglot 397 - exact dupe for UD sin. 
  4. inglot 327 - a matte deep chocolate brown.

I would have taken my UD palette but it's too darn big to travel with. plus i'm only going for 4 days, so there's no need to bring a whole arsenal of stuff.  i might actually even leave this quad as is (i rotate all my inglot shadows by making quads into the one little palette) for an extra week. it's a very lovely, every day appropriate combination.

• Highlighter: Mac ccb in pearl
  • blush: Tarte exposed
  • lipstick: Nars dolce Vita
  • Perfume: mac jacobs daisy and dot. 

I have 2 of those little deluxe sample spritz from sephora from my last purchase from them months ago, and haven't used them. Using both although chances are I only really need one of them for a week. who knows, might fall in love with one of them.

• mascara: rimmel scandaleyes in black. I'm on the fence about this. it's easy enough to apply and to take off, but the formula is still very wet (not sure if it's just from it being new). it stays on well enough and i haven't seen it migrate on me, yet, so that's a plus. 
  • Foundation: skipping it entirely and just taking my tube of sephora concealer in medium. it's light enough to use as a foundation anyway, and travel safe. plus it's about time I use it all up. (does anyone know if this has been discontinued?? I can't find it on their website).
  • under eye concealer: nars creamy concealer in custard.
  • powder: mac studio fix powder.
  • eyeliner:
  1. stila all day liquid eyeliner (felt tip). not sure how i feel about this guy yet. i'm a gel liner or pencil liner kind of girl... we'll see. 
  2. rimmel scandaleyes waterproof kohl kajal in brown.

This should provide me enough variety for a whole week, I think! i have one little sample I'm using of Eurecin Professional Repair lotion and i am really enjoying it. So I'll be using that all up this week and potentially getting a small travel sized for my trip. 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also trying to use up a few samples:

• Macadamia Natural Oil (this one may actually be empty, but it also might have enough for one last application!)
Is it the deep repair masque? how are you liking their line?? despite having pretty much doubles or triples of shampoo and conditioner, surprisingly, i only have one hair masque and I think I have enough for only 2 more uses, so I am looking for a good replacement! 

Is it the deep repair masque? how are you liking their line?? despite having pretty much doubles or triples of shampoo and conditioner, surprisingly, i only have one hair masque and I think I have enough for only 2 more uses, so I am looking for a good replacement! 
It's just the oil/serum. I really like it, and I have another deluxe sample bottle of it after I'm done with this one (I think it's two or three ounces, which will last for months), but I have probably a dozen other oils/serums that I'm trying to work through, most of which are partially-used, so it will be a while before I go back to this product after I'm done with this bottle because I'm trying to use up open hair products before I start a new one.

I love this idea! I just picked two different BB cream foil packets, and I'm hoping to use up one of my many mascara samples.

I liked the Suki lip trio I used last week. I am lukewarm on the Jane Iredale eye gloss. I did not find it to be an easy product to work with and the color payoff was minimal. This week I'm adding to my routine my boscia bb cream which is close to empty, an Estée Lauder lippie, and a revlon eyeliner in dark blue.

Love this idea and i NEED to join in with everyone. i have too much makeup and dont use it all! I don't know how to quote on my phone but like someone previously said I'm going to make a random generator. I just commissioned my husband to create an excel doc and formula to pick out my weekly morning products. So my task after work tomorrow is to type it all up!! But here's this weeks products Face- dr jart bb cream sample Concealor- loreal (I think) it's in like a chubby stick formula Powder- tarte I've hit major pan on this one- I might be able to use it up! Blush- a bare minerals sample with benefits rockateur layered on top Bronzer- NYC sunny Eyeshadow- bare minerals the epiphany Eyeliner -Jordana black Mascara-Clinique Lip- a loreal one that's in my purse

Back