The Natural Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Missyrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the products generally but the service is concerning as is whether the products are under strict sanitary guidelines. But I've loved every box. I use everything and have ordered, but seems like they've forgotten the order once before,etc. Isnt if you were already a customer before 2013 it's the old price?
I think it's only the old price if you got a 6 or 12 month subscription, and then they honor the original price.  I'm going by memory though, so I could be wrong.

Got my box today and was a bit underwhelmed.  Below is a listing of the products. i haven't used any so can't really comment on it...

1. Selma Valentine - whipped sugar scrub - this one looks really nice and I'm looking forward to using it 2. Jadience Herbal Formulas - purifying toner - foil packet 3. Tao of Man - daily skin defense - foil packet
4. scentuals body care - 100% natural soap - 1 of 2 bar soaps in the box
5. overall beauty minerals - eye shadow 
6. beauty without cruelty - body lotion - a generous size bottle and vegan and curelty free as well
7. just pure minerals - mineral blush
8. kynk naturals - argon oil - not really sure what to do with this yet... gotta do some googling
9. pharmacopia - verbena everyday bar soap - 2nd bar soap and this is nicely packaged and the soap looks beautiful. i don't know if that's even possible.. looks like a piece of marble
10. wine delights - beer natural nourishing and extra hydrating shampoo - like the body wash from wine delights from the last box, i don't have high hopes for this one
According to their sheet the total value of this box is $40.80... which is more reasonable than last month's outrageous estimate but definitely doesn't make me want to pay $30 for $40 worth of samples...

Their website says "foil samples will be included at times, but there won't be more than 2 per box"  so I guess they're still within that...  I would say the quality of this box is better than the quality of the previous boxes based on the brands that they chose (definitely not so many in-house brands!)

If you look back to the first page of this thread there are several references to no foil samples. Including foils may have changed when they increased the price.

Well, that's another point taken away from them... So if foil packets don't count towards the total count then there's only 8 samples which doesn't fall in line with their 10-15 sample statement.

I'm surprised that they didn't throw in all their new line of make up as samples considering they hyped it up so much on the facebook page...

I liked the box.  I think they stepped up their game some with expiration dates and some more varied vendors.  I love the fact that these are natural products.  Hope this stays around because it's good stuff.

I really liked the soap and body butter.

really nice.  

For those of you who have received your box, where are you located? I've yet to receive mine.

Originally Posted by Jenny C /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who have received your box, where are you located? I've yet to receive mine.
Canada. They send out the international ones first because they take longer to get there.

I liked the box.  I think they stepped up their game some with expiration dates and some more varied vendors.  I love the fact that these are natural products.  Hope this stays around because it's good stuff.

really nice.  
I liked the box too, but those foil packets just ruined it for me. I know they shouldn't as we got lots of great products in generous sizes, but still. It makes the box seem more empty :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was not particularly impressed with my box. Not only foil packets, but I got 3 bars of soap! Whatever happened to the fact that you're only supposed to get 2 of the same products in each box, and no foil packets?

I'm in Florida and got mine I forget either Tuesday or Wednesday . They actually emailed the box was coming & it showed up a few days later. Usually it's 3 weeks later.

Here is what I received in my February The Natural Beauty Box:

• Wine Delights Beer Natural Nourishing and Extra Hydrating Shampoo:  I'm thinking this is one of their products, as there are multiple misspellings on the label.  I'm not seeing it in their store, however.

• Pharmacopia Verbene Everyday bar soap:  Nice size, smells good.
  • Overall Beauty Minerals shadow in Champagne:  a flesh colored shimmer
  • Kynk Naturals In the Raw Shea Butter:  will make a good overnight hand moisturizer, as it is a bit to heavy for day use.
  • Scentuals Body Care bar soap:  I personally like sample sized soaps, as they are perfect for washing my hands after applying makeup.
  • Selma Valentine Whipped Body Butter in Sweet Sensations:  smells very similar to Aquolina's Pink Sugar.  I've also got a LaLicious body butter with the same scent, so I'm thinking it's a fragrance you can buy to include in body care products.  I personally like it.
  • Beauty Without Cruelty body lotion:  it's unscented, which will make it great for combining with my BPAL scented oils.  Nice size.
  • Just Pure Minerals blush in Girly Pink:  pretty color, a bit concerned about the shimmer.

• Tao of Man Daily Skin Defense:  Foil sample, and 'd prefer to not received samples for men.
  • Jadience Herbal Formulas purifying toner:  foil packet, which I' find rather awkward for toners, as it makes it difficult to get more than one use. 
My thoughts;  I thought it was a decent variety of products and brands.  I think the lower box value is partially due to the inclusion of other brands, who do not inflate their prices as much as The Natural Beauty Box typically has.  I wouldn't pay the higher subscription price for this, however, as nothing really wowed me.  I get a fair amount of natural beauty products through my Eco-Emi subscription, which is only $15/mo in comparison.

I became suspicious, just as I was about to submit my credit card information for the LoveTrueNatural.com Beauty Box, as I noticed my "Web of Trust" was yellow, indicating caution and low consumer trust. So I decided to investigate and you are correct in that the products that are contained in the "Beauty Box" are all owned by the same company. I did a domain name search, and all of the websites for all of the products are registered to the same person, Victor Tang. This is the information that is displayed via "Web of Trust" on the main Lovetruenatural.com site, and, as I said, all of the product pages are listed to the same Victor Tang. I hope this information is of help. I immediately stopped before providing any financial information to purchase their all natural vegan beauty box, about which I was very excited. This information does provide you with the registrar's email address and mailing address.

Email Search:
is associated with about 60 domains
Registrar History:
1 registrar
NS History:
3 changes on 4 unique name servers over 2 years.
IP History:
1 change on 2 unique IP addresses over 2 years.
Whois History:
21 records have been archived since 2011-10-08 .
Reverse IP:
10 other sites hosted on this server.
icon-monitor-16.png

Preview the complete Domain Report for lovetruenatural.com

Domain name: lovetruenatural.com

Registrant Contact:
   True Nature Group INC
   Victor Tang ()

Fax: 
   1357 85th Ave NE
   Clyde Hill, WA 98004
   US

Administrative Contact:
   Victor Tang
   Victor Tang ( )
   +1.6046446598
   Fax: +1.4252846265
   1357 85th Ave NE
   Clyde Hill, WA 98004
   US

Technical Contact:
   Domain People, Inc.
   Chris Kruk ( )
   +1.6046391680
   Fax: +1.6046391680
   Bentall 5, Suite 200
   Vancouver, BC V6C2B5
   CA

Name Servers:
   ns1.crucialwebhost.com
   ns2.crucialwebhost.com
   ns3.crucialwebhost.com

Creation date: 07 Oct 2011 03:28:00
Expiration date: 07 Oct 2013 02:28:12​

I think this post is in the wrong group... LoveTrueNatural isn't the same as the Natural Beauty Box.  As much as TNBB has been slammed on this forum they actually do all their payment processing via PayPal.

nope, no word about it either and were pretty much at the end of March too......

really nice.  
I would not buy Scentuals from TNBB.

If you buy it on well.ca what they have is cheaper and also if you subscribe to the Scentuals email or facebook a few times a year they send out 50% off promo codes (the last one was 50% off but to get free shipping you have to spend $75.00 (so really a $150 product value).

I like most of the Scentuals products I tried and really like their orange vanila scented line.

Today I opened the mascara they sent a few months ago.  I actually really like it!

Latest posts

Back