The Natural Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up late in March for the April box and now I'm regretting it! I should have read the reviews first. Have you guys received your March boxes yet? When should I expect my April box? I'm worried I'm going to have to dispute the charge through Paypal if it doesn't arrive by the end of the month. I tweeted to them but didn't receive a reply. They don't seem to be active on Twitter... maybe I'll try Facebook.

I'm not subscribed. Got a few months, but when there were problems every single time and they were rude to customers on FaceBook I decided that I won't order from them again.

And I ended up throwing out that mascara.  The brush bobbled around on the end of the wand.  It got looser the first few times I used it, and I could not get the wand into back into the tube easily.  The brush would move the minute it touched the neck of the tube, and it would slide down the outside rather than into the tube, and get all over my hands.  It also made it very hard to apply,  So it lasted two uses before I pitched.

Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up late in March for the April box and now I'm regretting it! I should have read the reviews first. Have you guys received your March boxes yet? When should I expect my April box? I'm worried I'm going to have to dispute the charge through Paypal if it doesn't arrive by the end of the month. I tweeted to them but didn't receive a reply. They don't seem to be active on Twitter... maybe I'll try Facebook.
I'd say if you haven't received your box by May 8th or so, to worry.  Mine seemed to arrive at the end of the subscribed month or the first week of the next month.  I personally never had any problems.

Hello everyone!  If you are upset about The Natural Beauty Box's non-delivery of goods and unacceptably haughty(I personally prefer the word "crap") customer service, there is a simple and fast way to get your money back.  Forget about Tweeting, Facebooking or emailing them because you will get no reply.  You have to dispute it through your Paypal account.  Do it as soon as possible because if 45 days have elapsed after your payment, Paypal will not be able to do anything for you.

So....log into your Paypal account.  Go to your purchase history and find the transaction.  Then click the Resolution Center tab(top of your account page).  This will only open a DISPUTE, not a CLAIM.  A dispute page will open with a box for you to write an email to TNBB.  Write something as follows:  "I wish to be refunded for my [date] transaction in the amount of [$].  The reason is non-delivery of goods and unanswered emails as described by numerous irate customers on your Facebook page."

They will write back saying the boxes are going to be sent out any time now.....yeah, whatever.  Write back:  Please issue a refund.  And, they will !!  No merchant wants loads of DISPUTES to escalate into CLAIMS because too many of these and Paypal will yank their account.

Unfortunately for people who bought a year subscription, if 45 days have elapsed from the date of your payment the only thing to do is keep asking TNBB for a partial refund through Facebook or email. :-((

Of course, if you are not upset at TNBB and love their merchandise and customer service then carry on and ignore all of the above.

I sent them a message on Facebook asking when to expect my box. I was extra nice and said I am a new customer looking forward to receiving my box and wondering when to expect it. They replied:

The Natural Beauty Box They will be shipping late April. Thanks!

That's a little reassuring.

Taking into consideration all their past promises of when boxes would be sent out that never happened, plus them saying boxes were sent out when they weren't, um, I would waste no time in asking them for a refund.  But that is just me. 

Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent them a message on Facebook asking when to expect my box. I was extra nice and said I am a new customer looking forward to receiving my box and wondering when to expect it. They replied:

That's a little reassuring.
were you asking about the march or april box? The march box hasn't even shipped out yet

Originally Posted by QueenG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

were you asking about the march or april box? The march box hasn't even shipped out yet
I was asking about April. LOL! I guess that isn't reassuring after all if they haven't sent March yet. I will take the advice of a previous poster and if I don't receive anything by first week of Feb I will start a dispute through Paypal.

Ok I changed my mind and took the advice and started the refund process now. There is only 45 days to dispute a charge through Paypal and that is around May 8th. I started by e-mailing TNBB to document that I have made attempts to reconcile it directly with them. Their auto reply includes the following "FAQ":

Code:
 ******************* F.A.Q. ******************* ******************* SHIPPING & PAYMENT ******************* Q. When is my March box coming? A. We are going to be shipping the March. boxes very shortly. You will get an email once they ship.

Jallu dear, don't waste time with them through regular emails as they will either ignore you or tell you the same thing over and over---the boxes will ship soon.  Please email them through the "dispute" function of your Paypal account.  Ask for a refund and write that it is because according to customer feedback their boxes are not being mailed out as promised. They will email back that the boxes are coming LOL.  Just ignore and ask for a refund again.  They will issue it. 
smilehappyyes.gif

eek.gif
 I got a shipping confirmation, should be getting my march box finally on April 11th........what's wrong with that sentence? lol

Maybe that's why they are ignoring my refund request. Too busy sending out boxes a month late. I guess it's yet to be seen if it's "better late than never".

QueenG, did you get a tracking number or just an email confirmation?  TNBB people have said before that they sent out on a certain date and they didn't.  If you do get your box I hope it is a good one.  

She got her box. I read her review online... they included HOTEL SAMPLES!! Purchased in bulk for 0.27 cents a piece. This company is such a rip off. No one should ever order from them. I still haven't heard back about my refund request.

You are kidding?  Hotel amenities?  Gee, how expensive and natural could those be.  Yup, no one should ever order from them.

Originally Posted by Ioulia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QueenG, did you get a tracking number or just an email confirmation?  TNBB people have said before that they sent out on a certain date and they didn't.  If you do get your box I hope it is a good one.  
I got both, but the Canada post email came way before the email from them. Its a good box. There are some items I want to try. Even the hotel amenities samples. I love taking them from rooms, hehe

I got both, but the Canada post email came way before the email from them. Its a good box. There are some items I want to try. Even the hotel amenities samples. I love taking them from rooms, hehe
Are they still listing the value of items?  I'd be interested to know what they said the value of the Tommy Bahama and Judith Jackson items are.  I can see from your blog post the total value is listed at over $114, which seems excessive.

Judith Jackson

Shampoo- $2.50 full size $13

Conditioner- $275 full size $13.50

Lotion $3 full size $15

Tommy Bahamas- no full size prices listed

Bath Salt- $2

Bath Gel- $4

I think they just based the prices on the full size prices. Either way, I've always thought the prices were excessive.

Judith Jackson

Shampoo- $2.50 full size $13

Conditioner- $275 full size $13.50

Lotion $3 full size $15

Tommy Bahamas- no full size prices listed

Bath Salt- $2

Bath Gel- $4

I think they just based the prices on the full size prices. Either way, I've always thought the prices were excessive.
Those sound reasonable.  I think it was mainly their own products that had the inflated prices, which I guess is their prerogative. 

Back