***The Official Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torres is so awesome. another person I am just so impressed with. The diving earlier was pretty cool too.

oly_a_torres_412.jpg

In Baltimore after the Ravens football game they put his race up on the big screen at M&T Bank Stadium. Phelps grew up in Towson that is just north of Baltimore.

oly_phelps_8gold_vtop.jpg

Hey everybody - Canada got another medal! A beautiful bronze in the men's 1500 freestyle!!!

Ok so the big questions is.......... Does Micheal Phelps shave his entire body every day... epilate or get waxed?
biggrin.gif

And... Is it just me that finds the fact that the tops that Briazilian women in beach volley ball are wearing with the word BRA accross the front of them.. Is just a bit funny?

Ya know it's just like Christmas - you go to sleep wishing for lots of presnts and you wake up to find three more medals! One gold and two bronze in rowing!

Canada rocks, and not just in curling!

PHelps rules, hands down. It will be a long time until anyone is close to what he did. USA rules

2008 Olympics: Complete Medal Standings As of 8/17, 11:50 PM ET

COUNTRY GOLD-SILVER-BRONZE - TOTAL

United States 19 21 25 65

China 35 13 13 61

Russia 7 12 12 31

Australia 8 10 11 29

Great Britain 11 6 8 25

France 4 9 12 25

South Korea 8 9 5 22

Germany 9 6 6 21

Japan 8 5 7 20

Italy 6 6 6 18

Ya know what is annoying?? All those people on bicycles following along during the rowing races... They never did that before... Even the TV anouncers had no idea who they were... lol

Canada is chugging along - 2 more silver. Grand total of 9 medals!

We are now ranked 17th. Yahoo!

The United States thinks Phelps is well known super star.

But he pales in comparison to China's Liu Xiang - the 110 metre hurdler. He has 1.3 billion people sitting on his shoulders.

Unfortunately, Liu Xiang pulled out of the trials so we will never now if he can repeat his olympic performance again.

Chinese star hurdler Liu Xiang out of the Beijing Olympics

I was so excited for Oksana Chusovitina last night getting the silver on vault in her 5th olympics!

I felt so awful for Diego Hypolito...falling at the very end of a great floor exercise
frown.gif
. The look on his face was heartbreaking.

I'm totally speechless about Phelps...wow.

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I felt so awful for Diego Hypolito...falling at the very end of a great floor exercise
frown.gif
. The look on his face was heartbreaking.

and he was Brazil's big hope

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif and he was Brazil's big hope I know, seriously! I can't imagine anyone looking more depressed, I really felt awful for him!

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was so excited for Oksana Chusovitina last night getting the silver on vault in her 5th olympics! Her story is just so amazing and touching! I'm glad she did well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Canada is chugging along - 2 more silver. Grand total of 9 medals!We are now ranked 17th. Yahoo!

The United States thinks Phelps is well known super star.

But he pales in comparison to China's Liu Xiang - the 110 metre hurdler. He has 1.3 billion people sitting on his shoulders.

Unfortunately, Liu Xiang pulled out of the trials so we will never now if he can repeat his olympic performance again.

Chinese star hurdler Liu Xiang out of the Beijing Olympics

I saw that... he had sever leg cramps... man he looked in pain!! He's like the michael Phelps of the Chineese Track Stars....
Last night I gto Olympiced out!! The wife and I watched a movie... Tonight was my wife's birthday so we didn't watch again... I feel left out now and don't know what's going on!! lol

I'm glued to the tv the whole 2 weeks for both winter and summer olympics...I'm gonna be sad once they're over and I've gotta wait a year and a half for Vancouver.

I didn't know Jordan Jovtchev was still competing...he's 35 now. I guess he lives only a couple hours away from me
biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing Jonathan Horton the tiny sexy beast again in the high bar final tomorrow I think
biggrin.gif

Aww...poor Nastia! She had to accept silver on uneven bars because of the tie-breaking software. It's too bad they couldn't both get gold!

I feel bad for Nastia.
frown.gif
But at at least she has another chance for gold on the balance beam. These judges need to get it together!

Latest posts

Back