The Official Eyeshadow for Beginners Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great thread. I have no idea what im doing when it comes to makeup.

Originally Posted by michko970 I would really like to know how to make my eyes appear larger, and how to do a soft smokey look. Everytime I try, I end up looking as if someone punched me
scared.gif
same here
icon_confused.gif

hi,

just want to ask you guys if you could recommend an eye look for graduation? I'm not wearing any eyeshadow at all so I'm kinda amateur when it comes to doing my eyes. thanks!
satisfied.gif

I can do basic make up and basic eyeshadow bull s** but I need to know how to do eye designs Im really suckey at it just the eye design part because part of my clients want designs now I have the idea and I have done designs maybe my brushes are out of wack but it would be nice to know the types of eye bruhes and its decription b/c all I have is an oval shadow and a deluxe crease

Great thread! I usually just do the one color on the lid and then I'm out the door, but I really want to play up my eyes a bit more. I have no clue how to do those multicolor fades that you guys are doing (is that even the right term?) or even how to really do much with it to play up my eyes.

this is such a great thread ... there is so much i need to learn and i am so in awe of you ladies that have the fantastic tutorials!

i too would love to learn a smokey eye without having to triple up on my under-eye concealor. whenever i try a smokey look, i just look smudged
frown.gif

I have a book by Jocelyn Tam that teaches Asian women how to put on makeup, it's very helpful. If there are interests from people on this forum, I can type up the instructions.

I have almond shaped eyes with a slant towards the inner corner of my eyes but I have what is call a "double lid". What I've found look best on me is use a neutral color on my lids, a darker color on the crease, and a highlighter on my brow bone. The highlighter is very important as it really complete the look and bring attention to my entire eye area, instead of just my eyelids. I also use eyeliner on the bottom lashes, lining only half from the outer corner, I find that lining the entire lower rim makes my eyes look smaller.

If I really want the big round eyed look, I layer on mascara, it really opens up the eyes.

I think I need as much help in this area as I can get! I'm fair skinned, with blue/green eyes, I think they're somewhat almond shaped, I think they're too narrow though.

Originally Posted by spikeyli I have a book by Jocelyn Tam that teaches Asian women how to put on makeup, it's very helpful. If there are interests from people on this forum, I can type up the instructions..

yes please?......
brsh.gif

Thanks for sharing all these information! I've been looking for a thread like this for so long and now I've found it.

I have read many times the instructions how to make smoke eyes but when i do it, it never looks as good. The hardest part is to put darker eye shadow in the crease of the eye. My eyes are deep set so to make a crease is almost impossible.

Any suggestion? Please...

Back