The Official Eyeshadow for Beginners Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if someone could help suggest some colours for me. I have brown eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair. I'm looking both for something natural/everyday and also something dramatic, preferably in the mold of "smokey eyes." Thanks for any help.
smile.gif

thanks so much for this thread, i'm not quite sure how to do eyeshadows well yet, but i can do mac pigments. purple and green bring out my green/brown eyes.
smile.gif

Quote:
Wondering if someone could help suggest some colours for me. I have brown eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair. I'm looking both for something natural/everyday and also something dramatic, preferably in the mold of "smokey eyes." Thanks for any help. "smokey eyes" is pretty much the only e/s look I'm comfortable with...I need to work on my blending but I would try a brownish metallic color since I think black would be too dark with your complexion (correct me if I'm wrong girls) and just play with it until you find the best way to do a smokey on your eye..I looked like I just got punched the first 10 times!Good luck!
rockwoot.gif
rock on ladies

i'm not very comfortable with smokey eyes as i'm afraid that i might look as if i had gotten a punch during a fight :x

thanks for this thread by the way. It helps make up noobs like me

Wow, Make up seems so complicated!!!!

It's like a science of its own haha

Cool thread tho!

I'm so glad this is here! I'm just starting to wear makeup at 47 years old, so any information I can find is great! I hate to rely on the gals at the makeup counter because I never know if thery really mean it or if they're just trying to sell me something!

~Tracy

Thanks to finding this site, I ventured out and purchased a new milani quad set, eyebrow powder, which made a big diffrence in my look, I still have not mastered my eyecolor and wasnt sure if i had the colors in the right place!!! But I can say I was quite pleased, so thanks for everyone's tips

I love this thread. I'm just learning to actually apply eyeshadow's etc. And really need instructions beyond the 'swipe'. Since I am in my fourties I'm afraid I will look like I'm trying to compete with the younger set and end up looking like a hooker if I'm not careful.

Thank you for such good advice. I always get mixed up as to whether the dark is closest to the middle or the brow. I love trying new ideas!

Hugs, Lindam

A trick that has helped me a lot is putting the colour a little further inside to the place where u intend the colour to go. basically where u first dab the colour is where the intensity is the highest. so if u put the colour right at the corner of the lid especially while doing ur V format it ll spill and become messy.
10.gif
so a little inside n then blend blend blend.

This thread is a great idea...so helpful for those of us trying to figure this out without looking too silly.

For a neutral day look for a dk. blonde fair skin girl, what MAC shadows/pigment combos do you all like? Thanks!

hi ladies,

I am a crossdresser. I love make up, but as you can imagin, I am not very good at applying. I love how eye make up can be the most dramatic in transforming ones look. I hope that I can get some good advice from open minded people.

This is a sort of "smokey-eyes light" look for begginers. You just need one eyeshadow color and a decent sponge-tip applicator (available in packs at drugstores--get the kind with the tapered, almond-shaped, tip). First, take your shadow and fill in from your lash line to your crease (but NOT above) across your entire eyelid. Then use them tip of the applicator to line just under your lower lashes. Go from the outer corner to about two-thirds across using wiggling motions along your lower lash line. Now, blend your lower lash "liner" up to meet your eyeshadow at the outer corner. If you want, you can extend this section out slightly as a cat's eye by blending it into a "V" pointing away from your eye and toward your temple.

This is a simple, monocromatic look that is very fast and easy.

Latest posts

Back