***The Official NHL Playoff 2008 Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i had no clue what he looked like. a mere boy. no shortage of beefcake photos of him.

crosby_gq.jpg
crosby_gq2.jpg
ok i guess this is for you Carolyn!

Oh My! Isn't Sidney a nice looking young man. Excuse, I have to wipe the drool off the key board.

What a nice view to wake up to.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh My! Isn't Sidney a nice looking young man. Excuse, I have to wipe the drool off the key board.What a nice view to wake up to.

He is cute but doesn't really make me want to "switch teams". Hahaha.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif He is cute but doesn't really make me want to "switch teams". Hahaha.
biggrin.gif
you're really funny sometimes. Almost warrants a QOTD but not quite.
Carolyn you will have to watch the drool, that has been known to short the keyboard.

hey on a more serious note what do you think about Jagr's comments about the Penguins? is this what they need to fire them up? a wake up call from vacation slumber?

Jagr only played one more game than the Pens.. And the way I see it he won't be able to play tonight cause he won't be able to get his helmet on his fat head!! Hahaha. So much for serious??
biggrin.gif

reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif

reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif

reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif

reddance.gif
reddance.gif

Karren, this gloating this is so not you!

anyway it was a good game coming back from a 3-0 deficit.

Funny we notice different things when we watch the game... I was watching who was skatin good and who was checking... You were looking at their facial hair and abbs!! Lok

Ohh yeah!! Did you see the girl walking down the isle right after the Penns 4th goal. In the cute dress?? And the shot of the Penns celebrating their 5tg goal... The girl on the right, up aginst the glass, had the nicest eye shadow!!
biggrin.gif

Karren, were the ticket holders getting T-shirts to wear for the game?

All the fans in the bottom 20+ rows were all wearing the same white t-shirts.

Well, it's 8pm and CBC has still not shown the game. Even the french language CBC is not broadcasting - must be driving all the Quebecers nuts not if they can't watch the game!

The game started on time, but there must be a transmission tower down or something.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren, were the ticket holders getting T-shirts to wear for the game?All the fans in the bottom 20+ rows were all wearing the same white t-shirts.

Well, it's 8pm and CBC has still not shown the game. Even the french language CBC is not broadcasting - must be driving all the Quebecers nuts not if they can't watch the game!

The game started on time, but there must be a transmission tower down or something.

Its on here.....

Yeah!! Everyone got white tee shirts and white towels when they came through the gates.. It was white-out day in the burgh!!

The games at 2 pm today and I have to play hockey at 5!! Not at the same rink!! Lol. But I'm gping to miss part of the game!!! Hope we have enough players show up to make a line.. Skating 5 on 5 for 60 minutes is a lot of fun... Groannnnnn..........

Guess all I need to say is.....

6 games

6 wins

0 losses

Where's my broom?

reddance.gif

Got to head off to play some hockey.......

I am cursing my darn tv guide. Apparently there is another game tonight, but according to the guide, it is at 7pm.

So I am going crazy trying to find the game.

I checked out TSN on the net, and it starts at 9pm. Ok, I can relax now.

But I'm gonna watch Dexter at 10 - what conflicts!

Congrats to the Penguins - it was a good game.

I wonder how they will do when they play NYR in MSG - the NY fans actually get into the game. Can't say that about the Igloo dwellers.

Another game tonight? Cool!!
smile.gif
. Just got back from my game and we had a moral vicroty coming back and tying it up in the 3rd with seconds left... They got a penalty and we pulled our goalie!! Yahhhh!! A point is a point!!

Did ya see the camera shot of NYR's goalie (lynquist?) in the locker room before the game? Had about 5 Red Bulls and gatoraids there and he was wolf them down!! Lol. Probably be able to sleep tonight!!
smile.gif

Did you see that on NBC?

I tend to watch CBC or TSN. I think the commentators are more knowledgeable about the game.

But having said that, some NBC NHL commentators are also employed with TSN.

It's great that you are still playing hockey Karren.

Do you play in an "over the hill" league? Or do you just get together with friends?

I think it was the local NbC station!! Mostly they have been on Versus on Comcast...

Over the hill!! Lol. Over 25 league!! Keeps the 18 year old out that just want to kick your ass and fight!! Lol

We have 14 teams, 14 on a team and we redraft the teams ever 10 weeks.. 5 seasons, 72 games a year!! Its a blast!! Have a lot of Canadians playing (frost backs - snuck accross the border or something).
biggrin.gif

And our team has a young russian player!! Who's pretty good when he shows up!!

Its basically a bunch of old guys and girls trying not to get hurt!! My hand is killing me from blocking a slapshot. And we have another game tommorow night.... I'm going to die!! Lol

Philly won 3-2. So Montreal has a little hill to climb. Series is 2-1 for Philly.

I wanted to switch gears and talk about the 2008 IIHF World Champion Hockey. The games are in Halifax and Quebec City, from May 2 to 18.

Group A - Sweden Switzerland, Belarus, and France

Group B - Canada, US, Latvia and Slovenia

Group C - Finland, Slovakia, German and Norway

Group D - Czech Republic, Russia, Denmark and Italy

I think Sweden, Canada, Finland, and either Russia or the Csech Republic will be the top teams. Sorry, the US will have better luck next year - maybe.

Any predictions on the Worlds?

is the IIHF what determines who is in the Winter Olympics?

i saw a good portion of the Montreal - philly game . i really hate the Flyers now... ughh

Latest posts

Back