***The Official NHL Playoff 2008 Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hahahahaha..... Carolyn.....Got to love a country that thrives on ice hockey and sex!!!
smile.gif
And Tim Hortons!

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif And Tim Hortons! i had to look that up
timhortons_logo.gif
. kind of like a Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme here.... ok

I was looking and found an updated bracket

2435788797_495a8c5f00_o.jpg

Bite your tongue!

Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts only wish they were like Tim Horton!

That's a great picture - it really shows how the playoffs work.

Notice that Montreal is the closest to the cup!

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Bite your tongue!Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts only wish they were like Tim Horton!

but sadly we have no Tim Horton so we will have to make do and i am doing my best to stay away from those fat pills. My downstairs fridge is stocked with Molson (but now you're going to tell me its not the real stuff)
logo_canadian_home.gif

I would settle for some Canadian bacon on an english muffin ..

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif but sadly we have no Tim Horton so we will have to make do and i am doing my best to stay away from those fat pills. My downstairs fridge is stocked with Molson (but now you're going to tell me its not the real stuff)http://www.molson.com/images/logo_canadian_home.gif
I would settle for some Canadian bacon on an english muffin ..

Molson....bah....Alexander Keith is much much much better!

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif Molson....bah....Alexander Keith is much much much better! ok on my next trip to the liquor store it will be my mission . thank you for the recommendation. (I wouldn't mind a trip to Nova Scotia too.) I noted the 3 muches in your post, you are very serious.
IMG_0566066.jpg

Didn't Tom Horton sing "Battle of New Oreleans" and "Sink the Bismark"? I love those songs.. Wait.... That was Johnny... Ahhh............ Horton as in "Horton Hears a Who"? I love that book!!
smile.gif

And everyone (Except maybe the Canadiens themselves and possiibly Carolyn!!) know the real reason Montreal is up near the top is cause they are so light on talent!! Featherweights!! Gentely floating to the top.... Light and fluffy!!! Like a clowd..
biggrin.gif

Better to float to the top then sink to the bottom hehe

Found some info on Tim Horton Tim Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's some Canadian food - good to eat while watching hockey!

Poutine - watch how you pronounce it

beaver tail - watch how you ask for it

tourtiere

maple syrup

cod tongue

skreech - ok not a food but great to consume

Anyone have more ideas?

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok on my next trip to the liquor store it will be my mission . thank you for the recommendation. (I wouldn't mind a trip to Nova Scotia too.) I noted the 3 muches in your post, you are very serious. http://www.wreckhunter.net/images/IMG_0566066.jpg We are pretty loyal to our beer round here hahahah.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Better to float to the top then sink to the bottom hehe
Found some info on Tim Horton Tim Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's some Canadian food - good to eat while watching hockey!

Poutine - watch how you pronounce it

beaver tail - watch how you ask for it

tourtiere

maple syrup

cod tongue

skreech - ok not a food but great to consume

Anyone have more ideas?

Cariboo?A feed of mussels or lobster would be great!

ok i see about tim, hockey player eh?

poutine - fancy fries? up there they have them at McDonalds too? ( they used to have crab cakes in maryland for a while.)

tourtiere - flat donut with topping on the canal? somehow i think this is the one that will win me a million bucks one day!

maple syrup - nope you gotta get it from Vermont! gotta call you on that one.

cod tongue - ok i will try cod tongue if you try rocky mountain oysters

skreech - couldn't find it

ok i got some for you : Mazurki, Chruscik, Gawumpki (thats how i think its spelled) & Pierogies

Saja, are you from Nova Scotia?

Cod tounge doesnt taste like anything other then fish. Its really no biggie. Rocky mountain oysters are called Prarie oysters up here.

Anyone for walrus blubber?

Tortiere is a pie made out of ground pork. Very big in Quebec.

A popular Quebec desert is pouring fresh cream on top of a piece of bread and brown sugar.

Elephant ears or beaver tail is the large, flat donut. Either spread cream cheese and onion on it or make it sweet with white suger and cinnamon.

Mazurki, Chruscik, Gawumpki (thats how i think its spelled) & Pierogies - are these family favourites or popular in Maryland?

I have had perogies many times. My aunt - Irish Canadian - married a Polish fellow. She makes a lot of ethnic foods.

I wanted to make an announcement:

Montreal vs Philadelphia Thurs 7pm

Detroit vs Colarado Thur 7:30pm

Pittsburg vs New York Rangers Fri 7pm

San Jose vs Dallas Fri 10:30pm

Go Montreal!

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone for walrus blubber?Tortiere is a pie made out of ground pork. Very big in Quebec.

A popular Quebec desert is pouring fresh cream on top of a piece of bread and brown sugar.

Elephant ears or beaver tail is the large, flat donut. Either spread cream cheese and onion on it or make it sweet with white suger and cinnamon.

Mazurki, Chruscik, Gawumpki (thats how i think its spelled) & Pierogies - are these family favourites or popular in Maryland?

I have had perogies many times. My aunt - Irish Canadian - married a Polish fellow. She makes a lot of ethnic foods.

I wanted to make an announcement:

Montreal vs Philadelphia Thurs 7pm

Detroit vs Colarado Thur 7:30pm

Pittsburg vs New York Rangers Fri 7pm

San Jose vs Dallas Fri 10:30pm

Go Montreal!

yes those are all Polish foods, the Gawumpki is ground meat wrapped in cabbage, the first two are desserts, the first with a fruit filling and many flavor varieties.
i mixed those two up. i read this big elaborate thing about the river freezing, making it a giant skating rink. is that right. but somehow they tied the beaver tail in there too.

I think it is time Philly went down. i will tag on with Montreal too and if I am not mistaken did well against Philly during the season.

I don't think Pittsburg fared as well during the seasons against the NYR, do i have that right Karren?

The Rideau Canal, in Ottawa, does freeze in the winter. You can skate on it.

The beaver tail got it's name because of its shape.

No one tied a beaver tail to anything - brute! Plus their teeth are mighty sharp!

This is how screech is made - whisky is made and stored in barrels.

Eventually, the whisky is removed from the barrel.

Water is put into the barrel and absorbs the remaining whisky.

This concoction is called screech - enjoy!

Now, stop avoiding the question Karren:

"I don't think Pittsburg fared as well during the seasons against the NYR, do I have that right Karren?"

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Now, stop avoiding the question Karren:"I don't think Pittsburg fared as well during the seasons against the NYR, do I have that right Karren?"

Yes you are correct oh mistress of the stats....... but you know that this is play-off hockey and anything goes!!!

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes you are correct oh mistress of the stats....... but you know that this is play-off hockey and anything goes!!! but you know i heard it from the hockey commentator guy on ESPN, Barry Melrose (who i know all of you hate) but he called it a vacation too! and he said he was concerned... I don't know a lot of those players yet but that guy Jagr he used to play for Pittsburg too right. I saw an interview with him, oh boy..
l_ab420ca3ba27a93022790c62f0e66526.jpg
PENGUIN.JPG

Now that was hockey!! Red wings over the avalanch 4-3. Did you see Osgood stop that point blank shot with 8.4 seconds left in the game!! The octopi were flying tonight!! Yeeeeee wings!!!

Ohhh yeah and Montreal won too!! Hahaha

Montreal has just taken a 1 - 0 lead in the series. What a shocker! Not really 'cause EVERYONE knows they are bringing the cup home.

Detroit also won their first game against Colorado - like anyone cares.

You might want to stock up on the chocolate and wine Karren - it's going to be a long, bumpy ride! hehehe

Montreal Rules and Pittsburg drools!

I see that you didn't watch the Montreal game.

I wouldn't watch either if I knew it were my demise.

Montreal Rocks and Pittsburg balks!

Hahahahaha!! We shall see!!! After watching the Red Wings play I'm having serious doubts that whom ever wins the East... Has a chance!!! But I also think Pittsburgh has a better chance than them there Canadiens!!!

Don't forget to watch the game tonight, Carolyn!!! Sid's lookin great!!
smile.gif
. But you already know that! Hehehe

Latest posts

Back