***The Official NHL Playoff 2008 Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eusa_whistle.gif
Are the playoffs still on??
uglyhammer.gif

Would have been easier if the other teams drawed straws to see who was going to take on the Penguins next??
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eusa_whistle.gif
Are the playoffs still on??
uglyhammer.gif

Would have been easier if the other teams drawed straws to see who was going to take on the Penguins next??
rockwoot.gif

just wait this long vacation may have a detrimental effect

Hmmmm Rest and practice vs getting beat-up and injured over 3 extra games.....

I wouldn't get to cocky Karren, I heard that NYR is going to take on the Penguins. The NYR will get some needed rest and practices as well.

I wonder how well Fleury will tolerate Avery? He not known for handling pressure. If I know that, you gotta know the NYR do as well.

And everyone knows that PITT threw the last game, so they would play the easier OTT, thus ensuring a round 2 position.

Pitt needs to stop playing games and start playing a real game - then we'll see if they are boys or men.

Hahahaha!! Our very well rested boys will pound NYR's old beat-up men into a pulp!! Send Avey and Jagr out to play some golf!!
smile.gif
After the last game, Jaromir's big head probably won't fit in his helmet!! "Shoot puck, get check". Hahaha

Funny too that all the top seeds except the Pens and the Redwings are gone? Montreal, the Caps and San Jose could fall out of contention real quick too?

Is it me or is this getting really late this year? Like its only a few more months till training camp?

The weather is great - at least 20 celcius, and the flowers are starting to show. It does seem off that hockey is still on the tube.

I think round two is really when the playoffs begin. The teams that make it this far all want to win. These series tend to go 6 or 7 games.

I hope Washington beats Philadelphia but I think Philly wants it more.

Alexander has to work harder. And what is he doing serving crappy penalties? Couldn't the coach find another player to serve them?

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hope Washington beats Philadelphia but I think Philly wants it more.Alexander has to work harder. And what is he doing serving crappy penalties? Couldn't the coach find another player to serve them?

They did it tonight! 4-2 and Alex got 2 so how about another game tomorrow then? now that was fun....................................

Not even a the finals and Montreal is rioting and burning police cars??? Let's keep the fighting out on the ice, eha? lol

Funny I can't find a single web story about this but i saw it on CNN at home this morning....

I am really looking forward to tonight's final game for the Caps - Flyers. i got to watch the entire game last night for the first time this series and it was terrific!

Darla, maybe you were the lucky jinx that caused Washington to win.

There are two great games on tonight: Wash vs Philly and Calgary vs San Jose. Both are tied 3-3. I hope Wash and Calgary win.

I read a little bit on yahoo about Montreal rioting. Better over hockey than politics.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Darla, maybe you were the lucky jinx that caused Washington to win. ok then maybe i can pull off a repeat performance. Maybe Alex had just been asleep for the past few games? he sure looked good last night

I just heard the commentator say the Washington flew back home right after the game. The players got back in time to sleep, around 12:30am.

Have a cold one on me!

Carolyn!! Did you see the Sid Gatorade comercial in P3 of the Caps Flyers game?? Here it is... Aginst the leafs too... lol

While looking for it online but ran into this older Sid Gatorade on youtube... Notice who gets out of the cab... hahaha The Hanson Brothers... Brother Dave Hanson manages an ice complex for Robert Morris U nere here....

Flyers win in OT... Penguins now play the Rangers in the second round... Too bad!! I would have rather we play the Caps.....

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Flyers win in OT... Penguins now play the Rangers in the second round... Too bad!! I would have rather we play the Caps..... you got on that pretty fast! The second goal by the Flyers really sucked! shouldn't have counted!

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif you got on that pretty fast! The second goal by the Flyers really sucked! shouldn't have counted! I was watching with my laptop and wireless on!! and my blackberry in the other hand... fully wired!! lol

I missed the second round. There was a small fire in another apartment and I had to vacate. I held out until they pounded on my door to get out lol.

The goal that Philly got when Huet was knocked away should not have been allowed. I notice that the referee was not calling too much, except that trip that cost Wash the game. ggrrrr

Thanks for posting the commercials. I have seen them both.

But one can never get enough of Sid! Sigh...

In the first one, I wonder how much money Tuskala got for the commercial?

In the second, did you notice the bus with Ramouski on it?

That's the Ramouski Oceanic team from Quebec, that Sid played with in his junior years.

They played in the Memorial Cup in London - but lost to the London Knights.

It was decided a few days ago the Pitt would play NYR. It was decided tonight if Montreal would play Wash or Philly.

I think the second round will go 6 games or better between Pitt and NYR and it will go 5 games between Mont and Philly.

But Montreal will play Pitt for the eastern division.

Sorry Darla, you put up a good fight. Now watch Montreal clean house!

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I missed the second round. There was a small fire in another apartment and I had to vacate. I held out until they pounded on my door to get out lol. Montreal fans setting fires still?
devilish.gif
hahaha Hope everyone was ok!!

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry Darla, you put up a good fight. Now watch Montreal clean house! Yeah right!!!!
rofl2.gif

Karren you are hilarious - actually it occured because the tenant started to cook his meal. But he left his apartment while everything was cooking.

Apparently he went to visit another tenant for some nooky! Guess we know what he was hungry for?!

Who needs hockey excitment when you can live in my building?!

Karren you are hilarious - be ready for some butt whooping - if you can get passed Avery's ugly mug!

Hahahahaha..... Carolyn.....Got to love a country that thrives on ice hockey and sex!!!
smile.gif

San Jose advances to the second round... And I can see all those SJ fans just..... Where is San Jose any way??? Ohhh no... Not another one of those places where ice doesn't form naturally!!!!

Back