***The Official NHL Playoff 2008 Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's hilarious Cheerbear! I would have liked to see that.

I'm watching the Detroit game against Nashville, right now.

I'm waiting for some poor octupi to hit the ice.

I heard that they get tossed into the Detroit river, after the game.

Karren...Sid had 4 assists. How come he is not in that photo?

Did you all see the Montreal Canadians crush Boston?

Don Cherry was having one of his hissy fits - he loves his Bruins!

Cary Price is HOT! As a goalie Saja!

It's only a matter of time before Montreal is representing the Eastern Division!

Thats right
biggrin.gif

He's doing awsome and hes a rookie! His first NHL season AND he's doing amazing in playoffs?!

i do find they played better thursday night, but Kovalev screwed up a few times, he's lucky to have scored that OT goal.

And ahaha To the Don Cherry comment, he was pissy, lol but i watch the game usually on RDS(the french network) because they go for the habs so it makes it more fun.

It's crazyness downtown tonight, i can't wait to see what its gonna be like later on!

Oh and thanks for researching the octopi thing lol, its cool to know

Who are you going for Carolyn?

Hi Liz. I'm rooting for Montreal and a little bit for Calgary.

I think this is Montreal's year - they are just too good in every area.

Plus, I really want the cup to come back to Canada - where it belongs!

I heard that a Montreal firestation painted the Habs colours on the doors, but they city said they had to remove the paint - BOO!

I lived just outside of Montreal back in the early 90s. Montreal is a great city and very passionate about hockey!

I'm watching the Capitals play Philadelphia. Wash needs to get it together or Alexander is gonna go down as a one point pony.

Ack, so Montreal lost tonight, but that's okay! I said Habs in 5 =) Gotta let the Bruins win ONE game at home right???

Pens at the Sens tonight and nothing I hate more than playing in Ottawa is I have to play hockey at 9pm.. And will miss some of the game!! Grrrrrrr... And hopefully my team mates are as committed as I am else there will be some awfully long shifts for me tonight.. Not like I couldn't use the extra exersize!! Lol

Hmmmm. Setting home watching TV and drinking beer vs working my ass off!!

GO PENS

reddance.gif

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren...Sid had 4 assists. How come he is not in that photo? That's from the celebration of Ryan Mallones wrap agound game winner!! Sid was over giving interviews and signing autographs!! Hahaha
Its becoming appearent that this isn't really about the playoffs!! Its a cover up for the real thread...

"Carolyn's NHL Hot or Not".

Aka

"Who can score on the ice and off".
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif is that the latest ice time you have? Earliest.... usually 10:30 and 11:30 games....

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its becoming appearent that this isn't really about the playoffs!! Its a cover up for the real thread...
"Carolyn's NHL Hot or Not".

Aka

"Who can score on the ice and off".
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha

What can I say Karren? I'm a Canadian girl that appreciates the NHL and all the players that play the game. Especially Sid and Ilya and ...
Guess who's not on my dream line - Avery, and his poor excuse for playing forward. Brodeur should have given him a good spear or konk on the head.

Pitts is playing Ottawa right now. Alfredsson is in the line up tonight. He might just be able to turn this series around.

Well Alfredson didn't look good at all.. And the Senators played good for a period and a half.. Then the Pens came out on fire!! And Sid scored in the first 12 seconds of P3...

Penns up 3 games to zip!!

reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif

Quotes coming out of the Sens locker room are a hoot!!

"Were going to play our hearts out Wednesday... We don't have a choice"

Huh?? Aka.. Guess if they are going to pay us we'll show up. Lol

Go to SensNation.com - Ottawa Senators Fan Forum, Live Chat and more! and read the "sens suck threads". And this is from their fans!!

On a personal note.. We lost.. And I broke my favorite stick over some goon defensman.. And I thought I lost my Mini-Mouse towel... But I found it out in the parking lot after the game!!
smile.gif

ooo i was heartbroken, but youre right, one homegame

Tell me something, the Calgary game after the Habs game...were they giving away jerserys? because the WHOLE DAMN STADIUM was a sea of red!!!! anyone know? Talk about de-moralizing for the sharks lol

Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif ooo i was heartbroken, but youre right, one homegame
Tell me something, the Calgary game after the Habs game...were they giving away jerserys? because the WHOLE DAMN STADIUM was a sea of red!!!! anyone know? Talk about de-moralizing for the sharks lol

No Liz, why it's like that is because prior to their 2004 stanley cup playoff run, they didn't have very many fans. Once they got to the final, the whole city pretty much bought the same jersey (because that was the one that was for sale that year)....so it really just shows when the fans became fans. The fans who were fans from the 80s and 90s and stuff will have the orange and white...

HockeyGirl: he seems too pretty to play hockey.. no love for Alexander Ovetchkin?

i did see the highlights ESPN did this morning and they were all of him on his butt except when he scored.

So Sens have their series 3-0 in hand.

one more game to win. (I'm the master of overstating the obvious)

Anyone else see Don Cherrys "stick love" rant last night? Hilarious!

It appears that I have a little too much love for some of the boys. I'd like to give a shout out to a few very deserving women that have managed to break the testosterone barrier:

Manon Rheaume

Manon Rheaume was the first woman to play in a Junior A men's hockey game. She played one game for Trois-Rivieres of the QMJHL during the 1991-92 season.

Her claim to fame is that she is the first woman to ever play in a professional hockey game. She was signed as free agent by the Tampa Bay Lightning on August 8, 1992 and played in an exhibition game (Tampa Bay Lightning vs. St. Louis Blues) on September 23, 1992. Her first win in a professional hockey game was a 9-6 win in a start with the Knoxville Cherokees of the ECHL.

Manon is Canadian and has played for Team Canada for many years. Source: Manon Rheaume

Hayley Wickenheiser

She is a player for the Canadian women's ice hockey team. In 2003, she became the first woman to play professional hockey.

Her performance at the 1998 Olympics impressed Men's Team Canada General Manager Bobby Clarke so much, that he invited her to participate in the Philadelphia Flyers rookie camps in 1998 and 1999.

In 2003, Wickenheiser became the first woman to suit up in a Men's professional hockey league, at a position other than goalie, when she played for HC Salamat in Finland. During this season, she also becomes the first woman to score a goal playing in a Men's professional league. Over the course of the season, Wickenheiser plays 23 games, scoring 2 goals and adding 10 assists.Wickenheiser joined a European league to play professional hockey, as the game is more open and less physical than North American leagues. This attempt to play professional hockey was not an entirely smooth process, as Wickenheiser was initially slated to play in Italy, until the Italian Winter Sports Federation ruled that women were ineligible to play in a men's league. She also turned down an offer from Phil Esposito to play for the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL. Finland's Hockey Federation unanimously supported letting women play in a men's league, allowing her to debut with Salamat on January 10, 2003.

Hayley Wickenheiser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If anyone knows of another notable female that played with the boys, please post so they get their due recognition.

I'd add this girl from the UP... When I was in college... That checked me and knocked me for a loop.... Didn't even kniw she was a she till after the game. But never knew her name... And this was in the 70's.. She was damn good!!!

We have a number of good women players in our league including 3 female goalies..

Too bad the NHL's all about size and the abiluty to crush someone and not about skating, stick handling and finesse!! Otherwise there would be a lot of women and smaller quicker men playing the game, imho. Now ya need enforcers to keep the other team honest!!

Back