The Official Pregnancy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww! congrats to her! its such an exciting time! and i guess i wish it lasted more then 9 months. then again, i'm already anxious to see my little one!

breathless that's fantastic i hope ur pregnancy goes really well!! and i hope your baby turns out to be as pretty as you! :flowers:

well, i went in for my second appointment. i am now at 124 pounds. my midwife isnt too happy about that. i've only gained 4 pounds so far. but, shes very nice. she says, "oh cassondra. *huge smile* i want you to be at 130 by march 31st." and i told her i'm trying and she said that maybe i'm not eating the correct food that will give me my weight. so, on march 24th, she's teaching a class for newly pregnant women. it's 2 hours long. its all about what to eat, how much to eat, when to call the hospital, what to bring to the hospital, and all that fun stuff.

secondly, she hopped me up on top of the examining table and had me lift my shirt. she took out a measuring tape and measured from my pelvis area [or so] to my belly button. she says i'm 18 weeks along according to that and i'm growing just perfect.

i was talked to about my belly button ring. she says she knows its a pregnancy belly ring, but if i have any sort of troubles, just take it out. but, she says she doubts there will be any problems.

then we heard the heartbeat. it took forever for her to find it. she was way over to the right while my other midwife found it in a split second over to my left. so, she finally found the heartbeat over to the left. the baby is beating at 158 beats per minute.

lastly! omg, this sounds like it lasted all day, but it was a very short process. she finally gave me the number to call to make my first ultrasound. *joy*

lastly. a picture of me in my new maternity outfit. shirt from walmart and pants from old navy.

18w2d

wow only 4 pounds? you look cute with your new outfit, im going for my sonogram next wednesday only because last time i went they coldnt find the babys heartbeat. but thats great everything went well, are they going to find out the sex when you go?

Wow, only 4 pounds! I love the pictures! Keep em coming! I'm at 25 weeks now so entering the last trimester. I can't wait to go through the last 3 months. They can't go by fast enough! She is extremely active and kicking me all the time. I can only imagine what it's going to be like when she runs out of room. She will probably have her feet in my ribs! Ouch!

Cassondra you look absolutely ADORABLE! I love the pic you had included at the 17 week mark of your belly as you look down... lol I couldn't see your feet at all!! :laughno:

When are YOU going to post up some cute pics momma?! I hope you're going along well too!

how far along are you? i hear you cant hear the heartbeat until you're at least 12 weeks pregnant. either way, its very exciting to hear! you'll almost be in tears!

i want to find out the sex when i have my ultrasound, yes. only because i want to start to buy and most things are only boy or girl around here. so, i just want to be prepared.

yea. only 4 pounds. lol. but i try so hard to eat as much as i can. i've talked to a few ladies at my work and they said that they didnt really gain anything until the last trimester. and its a good thing i'm not loosing weight like a small handful do.

isnt the kicking amazing? haha. not when they kick the ribs though i bet! omg! ouch!

there saying im 3 months which i think im way less, but i will know for sure on the 29th, let us know when you find out what your having!

awwwwwwwww, cass, what a cute pic! i love that outfit! have fun at the class tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

reija, how cute. i'm so excited for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

jenny, can't wait to hear more on you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh, and we've got another pregnant lady on board (not me): NICOLE! (Nicolet)

well, i'm excited to know when your due date is exactly! update as soon as you can!

and next friday [march 31st] i get to have my ultrasound. and i want to know what i'm having too. yay! i'm so excited!

awww. thanks! i know i'll have fun because i'm so interested in everything they have to say =]

and congrats to nicole!

for those who have been pregnant before:

when you feel the baby kick and/or move [i started at 16 weeks and 2 days], when can somebody feel it on the outside? i swear i feel it now and so does my boyfriend [starting at 18 weeks].

oh. and omg. this baby just started monday march 20th [18 weeks and 3 days] kicking like crazy. he/she will move forever and it feels so awesome!

Back