The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're in the letter too since you posted here. Everyone who posted in this thread is part of the cease and desist but I guess she only sent it to the people she could get the email addresses of. I know helloleilani and an adrien it was sent to. There is a lot of things about Zadi too but doesn't look like it was sent to her.

Yeah I have no idea how she could have gotten everyone's email address...but let me go check the email for my blog, lol. 

Interesting. I doubt it's a real c&d. Their lawyer would have sent something to the moderators. It's definitely not an order, just a request. You're not posting anything slanderous so there's no problem. I suppose looking up a company and the owner could be considered stalking, but I don't think it is when you're trying to find out how legitimate a company is prior to sending them money. (I'm not a lawyer)

I think they're just trying to scare people so they can go ahead and sell their line.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting. I doubt it's a real c&d. Their lawyer would have sent something to the moderators. It's definitely not an order, just a request. You're not posting anything slanderous so there's no problem. I suppose looking up a company and the owner could be considered stalking, but I don't think it is when you're trying to find out how legitimate a company is prior to sending them money. (I'm not a lawyer)

I think they're just trying to scare people so they can go ahead and sell their line.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with researching a company or its history. This is definitely a request, not an order. 

Also, it wasn't in my blog email either so now I feel left out. 
icon_lol.gif

Apparently the TOW company is actually Tree of Wishes Charity, that's nice!

She says we caused her monetary loss, although I can't speak for others but I personally did not cancel my account, SHE gave me a refund so I don't see how that would be going against me/us.

And now apparently we're harassing her? Which I don't understand.

And I guess this thread is the first thing that pops up when you search for The Posh Pod on google so that takes away from her business as well.

Silver, if you're reading, which I am sure you are. I never said anything rude or harassing about you or your company. I had real questions that I wanted to know (which for you as a consumer, I am sure you would have had concerns as well). I wanted to keep my April box but you canceled my account, don't bite the hand that feeds.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're in the letter too since you posted here. Everyone who posted in this thread is part of the cease and desist but I guess she only sent it to the people she could get the email addresses of. I know helloleilani and an adrien it was sent to. There is a lot of things about Zadi too but doesn't look like it was sent to her.
For real?! I don't have an email from her, yet, but this is ridiculous. I think I posted a few times at the start of this thread about subbing and then about canceling because I'm scared of knock off items (legit concern due to photos and no explanation of those photos at the time), and then posted recently to say this entire thing is crazy. Whoa! I absolutely planned to resub if, and when, the April pods came out they were authentic products, but if she really did all of that, forget it.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For real?! I don't have an email from her, yet, but this is ridiculous. I think I posted a few times at the start of this thread about subbing and then about canceling because I'm scared of knock off items (legit concern due to photos and no explanation of those photos at the time), and then posted recently to say this entire thing is crazy. Whoa! I absolutely planned to resub if, and when, the April pods came out they were authentic products, but if she really did all of that, forget it.

be careful!!!!!! DEFORMATION. 

Jenna and I were just talking about how we planned to sign up too but she just lost that ):

I just checked my email and I received the letter about cease and desist too. I can't think of anything I've said to attack her or her company. $30 is quite a bit of money to spend for a monthly subscription service especially when there are several others available that cost about half that price. It's wise to research a company and like many have discussed earlier this company has several red flags!

Just sucks. I said nothing out of the ordinary on here and as a very active beauty box subscriber (I think I'm up to 8 of them, lol), I was definitely interested in hers. I just decided to cancel *for now* until I observed how her company worked for longer. Which, truth be told, I should have done in the first place. This is all soooo weird. Last time I checked those were my rights as a consumer and I wasn't breaking any laws? 
icon_eek.gif

It is. I think she just feels threatened.

Just sucks. I said nothing out of the ordinary on here and as a very active beauty box subscriber (I think I'm up to 8 of them, lol), I was definitely interested in hers. I just decided to cancel *for now* until I observed how her company worked for longer. Which, truth be told, I should have done in the first place. This is all soooo weird. Last time I checked those were my rights as a consumer and I wasn't breaking any laws? 
icon_eek.gif

icon_eek.gif

You are fine, definitely don't worry. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

If she's trying to encourage us with stupidity, too, she's doing a really good job of it. I don't care what kind of a superiority complex she has; nobody gets to say that consumers cannot thoroughly research a business, especially one which has marketed itself with clearly counterfeit products, refused to clearly explain why they used said imagery, lied about their sponsors/contributing companies, attacked nice people who were operating well within their own rights, and sends out unprofessional pseudo-legal documents.

She ought to know that if she wants to have any kind of a salvaged business image after she herself sullied it, then she needs to turn her customer service around, be forthcoming with information regarding her products, and stop attacking members of the cosmetics-publicizing community who she really needs to have on her side. Blogs and sites like this are a key to the success of makeup and cosmetics, especially subscription services, and making an ass out of yourself on the internet, to people whom you know to be influential in the community, is a good way to lose all of your business. She needs to stop blaming us for her issues, since we aren't deforming (lolol) her little baby PoshPod.

Well she can send out the cease and desist all she wants however we have the right to talk about her company under the 1st Amendment due to Freedom of Speech. On top of that we also have consumer protection laws on our side. Have we caused her to lose business? I don't see how since talk about her company have been limited to THIS group with the exception of one post on Sephora (which she can't even spell correctly... and good luck for her to send THEM a cease and desist since they have high paying and powerful attorneys on their side) and one I made on my Facebook stating that I wouldn't do business with a company that claims you're paying for membership and not products. This is what I wrote on my wall back on Sunday.

A member at Makeuptalk.com brought up another new beauty box company called Posh Pod. She had some questions for them and at one point in the email was told "your payment is for the membership not the products". GoGo Girlfriend anyone? I would suggest avoiding this company or ANY company that states you're paying for membership and not products.

I have that right to state that since GGG claimed the same thing and look what happened with them! How many of you were charged month and after month for the "membership" yet didn't get a sample box despite right on the front page it states "Free Samples Box Shipped Every Month". At $30 a month that's VERY expensive to shell out for products that either are discontinued or old (such as with Makeup Monthly... though to be fair I don't know if she's still doing that since I haven't seen any one with new videos on those boxes) or possibly fake.

She was the one claiming she's working with Victoria Secret and Chanel, not us.

No laws are being broken and a true cease and desist order comes from a judge. And a lawyer would never advise a client to send this sort of email.

Oh, yeah. And Tree of Wishes d/b/a TOW is not a registered charity with the ND SoS. Per the Secretary of State website North Dakota's Nonprofit Corporation Act (NDCC, Chapter 10-33) requires all entities operating as a charity to register with the Secretary of State.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

be careful!!!!!! DEFORMATION. 
LOL!!!

What an idiot. HEY SILVER! You're an idiot. And guess what? I have the right to call you an idiot.

Actually, Zadi, the First Amendment only protects individuals from government limitations on freedom of speech. I hate to be nitpicky and I am totally on your side but there are limits on person to person speech. That being said, she's still wrong and we aren't doing anything wrong. Just a bunch of consumers hashing out some inconsistencies in product we are all considering purchasing and sharing experiences and research. We are in a public forum and Silver/Gina/Austin/et. al. has every opportunity to drop in and defend herself.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well she can send out the cease and desist all she wants however we have the right to talk about her company under the 1st Amendment due to Freedom of Speech. On top of that we also have consumer protection laws on our side. Have we caused her to lose business? I don't see how since talk about her company have been limited to THIS group with the exception of one post on Sephora (which she can't even spell correctly... and good luck for her to send THEM a cease and desist since they have high paying and powerful attorneys on their side) and one I made on my Facebook stating that I wouldn't do business with a company that claims you're paying for membership and not products. This is what I wrote on my wall back on Sunday.

I have that right to state that since GGG claimed the same thing and look what happened with them! How many of you were charged month and after month for the "membership" yet didn't get a sample box despite right on the front page it states "Free Samples Box Shipped Every Month". At $30 a month that's VERY expensive to shell out for products that either are discontinued or old (such as with Makeup Monthly... though to be fair I don't know if she's still doing that since I haven't seen any one with new videos on those boxes) or possibly fake.

She was the one claiming she's working with Victoria Secret and Chanel, not us.

Well, to be fair, freedom of speech only protects us from government censorship, if she wanted MuT to ban us or forbid talking about her company, they could. But she herself really has no power over what can be said here on MuT, so lol. 

I may have loved my con law class a little too much. 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

LOL!!!

What an idiot. HEY SILVER! You're an idiot. And guess what? I have the right to call you an idiot.

lady you had better watch yourself! You may be permabanned from ever talking about subscription services ever again. 

Back