The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly doubt Chanel, Victoria's Secret or NARS would want to be affiliated with a website that atrocious looking. Maybe I'm jaded because of my background, but good lord. That thing looks like it was ripped from a geocities in 1999.

It reminds me of websites that everyone made when I was in middle school, terrible cheap things with lots of sparkly gifs. Yeeeah. 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I highly doubt Chanel, Victoria's Secret or NARS would want to be affiliated with a website that atrocious looking. Maybe I'm jaded because of my background, but good lord. That thing looks like it was ripped from a geocities in 1999.

I'm pretty sure she reads the posts here. All the beauty box subscription companies do. We have people from MyGlam, Birchbox, Beauty Army, The Look Bag, Sample Society, etc coming here to read what people are saying about them.

I've been keeping relatively quiet since I noticed the Chanel image on their website looking like counterfeit products. I did contact Chanel and asked:

Saw this "beauty box" subscription service called Posh Pods. Among the items they're sending out to customers are these Chanel palettes. Are these legit palettes or counterfeits? I know on legit Chanel palettes the shadow applicators have the Chanel logo while the ones in the photo does not. I don't recall these palettes so any help on your part identifying if these are legitimate products or counterfeits would be good.

I was told this:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your concern over the sale of counterfeit merchandise on poshpod.com. We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention.  You can be assured that your letter will be forwarded to the appropriate person for review.

For a listing of authorized CHANEL locations, please visit our Store Locator.

If you require any additional information or assistance, please contact a CHANEL representative at (800) 550-0005. Thank you for your continued interest in CHANEL.

Are the Chanel items on Poshpod legit or counterfeit? I don't know. I have a feeling the images are of counterfeit items because as I mentioned before legit Chanel have the logo embossed on the handles of the applicators.

I find the comment "Silver" made in the email above to be... odd. "Many designers have asked that we either not post authentic pictures or we use the stock photo's that are altered." What company wouldn't want legit pictures to be used? It's odd, very odd to me. I'm sitting here thinking about it and all I can think is that I've never encountered a company that has EVER said... "don't post a legitimate picture of our products on your site"

As for defamation... no one is defaming Posh Pod. These are all legitimate questions because many pictures and even their videos have been removed once people question something about it. I can't think of any other beauty box company that has EVER done that. EVER. If these images on their website were not taken by them and weren't sent to them by the companies they're working with then WHERE did the images come from? Were these images found via Google? Were these images used without permission if the images were not taken by them or for them? It's odd to me.

How strange is it that people are questioning their videos then all of a sudden the videos are removed? Like I said it's odd. It'd be interesting to see how this company plays out.

Ah, so THAT's where any "defamation" came in. Someone from Sephora flat out said "fraudulent". Yeah, that's not gonna go over well if (tiny sliver of a chance) this service was actually trying to be legit.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what an actual, current Chanel quad palette looks like.

Compare it to the photo on page one of this thread.I got the photo from here:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Eyeshadow-LES-4-OMBRES-89134

These are the only eyeshadow palettes currently on the Chanel website.
I know!! They even took off that Chanel palettes they posted!! Whoooooooah! they are in really big trouble. We are soooo smart that we help each other out take them down! Good job everyone!!

The moment i saw this, i said NOOOO WAY those are legit!!

A lot of those sell on FB and ebay. Even those collage are ebay photos.

The person who replied on Sephora is a Sephora mod which means they're most likely a Sephora employee.

laughno.gif
 Lol Girly Enthusiast, very funny but true! Their website doesn't make a good first impression at all!  

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW -- anyone seen their Twitter?

https://twitter.com/#!/PoshPodThe

https://twitter.com/#!/PoshPodThe/status/182148546865270784

https://twitter.com/#!/PoshPodThe/status/182092301571600385

And if you read some of their "older" Tweets you'll see they post the link to images on their FB... the same images that have now been deleted. In fact most of their Tweets that goes back to FB and those FB posts have been deleted. It makes me wonder, "If these items are legitimate, as they claim, then why delete the images or posts?"

LOL

Well with what happened to so many MUT members, and non-MUT members, with GoGo Girlfriend you really have to be careful ESPECIALLY when it's $30 a month! It does make me feel it's either going to be more like GGG or Makeup Monthly (which sends or sent out discontinued products to members). But I honestly think it's questionable for ANY company to start deleting their own post after post and images when questioned about the legitimacy of the products. From my understanding now they're claiming (in their Q&A) that the products might not be exactly what they're claiming.

http://www.poshpod.com/#!q-and-a Q1. Do you have a policy on counterfeit/replica or Fake designer cosmetics? How do I know I am getting authentic products?
A1. Each member will receive AUTHENTIC products (The Posh Pod has a strict NON-Counterfeit Policy & is an advocate in the international class action suit against counterfeit designer products)

Q2. Are your samples discontinued items?
A2. No! Our samples are not of discontinued products.

Q3. Are your samples fresh?
A3. Yes! Our samples are all within the expiration dates. None are closely approaching an expiration date nor are they past an expiration date.

Q4. Am I getting mostly fragrance samples in the Pod each month?
A4. No, our products are evenly distributed. There are skincare, nail care, haircare, beauty tools, & fragrance's in each Pod evenly distributed to make a nice variety.

Q5. Will each member get the exact same sample in each pod?
A5. No, part of the surprise is finding out what is in each pod. Although the same designers/brands may be within each individual Pod per cycle, they will not be exactly the same products .

Q6. Do the pictures on your site/FB/Blogs/Twitter reflect the exact products in your inventory?
A6. No, Although we do take snapshots of some items that come in many photo's are provided prior to shipment  to us and at times even stock photo's are provided. However, what is in the Pod is of the correct brand, quality, authentication and size. We often use photo's for sneak peak purposes in addition. (Regardless of what photo is used our copyright policy is still in effect)
The photo's also do not reflect the number of stock we have in inventory of any particular item/brand.

Q7. What if I want to cancel my membership before my first Pod comes?
A7. No Problem, we will cancel your membership for you as soon as we receive the request and issue you a refund.

Q8. What if I want to cancel my membership after I get my first Pod?
A8. Posh Pod will cancel your membership any time you chose. We will refund you for any fee's that have been paid and no Pod has been issued to you.

Q9. What if something is wrong with a product in my Pod?
A9. If there is a problem with any product in you Pod such as breakage we will replace it (the product) for you.

Q10. Will you be changing your site to allow members to sign in and have accounts they can check at will?
A10. Yes, within the next two cycles our site will be changing to allow for many different upgrades, membership log in included.

BTW - this is their brands page.

http://www.poshpod.com/#!brands

I still can't get over the fact that she told me the companies she works with ask her not to use their images. That seems outrageous to me and silly to think that she thinks someone would actually buy that. When I googled the phone number given with the PayPal refund, a "foxymammas1 tow" came up which seems to be a towing company in ND owned by a last named Gina. Not really relevant but people were mentioning "the posh fox".

I understand that people have dyslexia or English isn't their first language, but then a proofreader should be hired. They take "deformation" very seriously? For personal use, spelling and grammar isn't a big deal, but it is important for business.

Back