The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit I am also confused by the reference to "international class action". Global collective litigation is highly complex because, among other things, jurisdictional issues and the way laws and legal systems vary from country to country. In addition, the point of class action is to offer relief to a large group of consumers against an entity acting in bad faith. Class action is typically found in the US and is typically brought by a group of individuals with a single lead plaintiff. Global class actions tend to focus on human rights, trafficking, arbitration, and financial scams. And global class action is rare.

I haven't found anything supporting Chanel or any other large companies  joining together in an international class action. I did a quick check of a few legal resources and did find a variety of actions brought by Chanel alone that attacked counterfeiters by seizing their domain names {(Chanel, Inc. v. Does, et al., 11-cv-01508-KJD-PAL (D. Nev.) (Sept. 26, 2011 Order) (Oct. 11, 2011 Order) (Nov. 14, 2011 Order)}. Posh Pod has nothing to do with this and I'd like to see the citation for the suit in which Posh Pod  claims to be plaintiff. Lawsuits are filed into court and are public record. A litigant has to have a damage claim in a suit. I am not sure what damages an eBay reseller could claim against a counterfeiter since they are most likely not an authorized Chanel reseller to begin with. Damages can be intangible- harm to reputation, brand, copyright and image- but how the Posh Fox fits into this I do not understand.

If this company is legit, they shouldn't be offended by our comments.. We don't know anything about this new company, so we just wanna know the answer.. Hopefully its not gonna be like GGG 

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still can't get over the fact that she told me the companies she works with ask her not to use their images. That seems outrageous to me and silly to think that she thinks someone would actually buy that.

When I googled the phone number given with the PayPal refund, a "foxymammas1 tow" came up which seems to be a towing company in ND owned by a last named Gina. Not really relevant but people were mentioning "the posh fox".

Well, their business address is listed in Fargo on their website...

Under policies:

POSHPOD.COM 4306 76TH AVE S Suite 1001 FARGO, ND 58104 Telephone: (701) 282-9121       That number comes up as a life insurance company on google, and that Austin Gina person also came up. The address turns back a pet grooming place, but it doesn't have the same Suite number from what I can tell.    Anyone live in Fargo and want to do a drive by? 
smile.gif

A reverse directory lists that 282 number as belonging to yet another person at residential address! This is all just weird.... of course, the info on the reverse directory could be old. And yes, I am bored with not much else to do right now!!

Well, their business address is listed in Fargo on their website...

Under policies:

POSHPOD.COM 4306 76TH AVE SSuite 1001FARGO, ND 58104Telephone: (701) 282-9121   That number comes up as a life insurance company on google, and that Austin Gina person also came up. The address turns back a pet grooming place, but it doesn't have the same Suite number from what I can tell.  Anyone live in Fargo and want to do a drive by? 
smile.gif
The manta for posh pod says they're located on LA. I did some more searches and found several different websites that are no longer available under her name. A health services place I know for sure, the others I can't think of at the moment. So strange. She still hasn't answered my email and I am assuming she won't.

This whole thing is so sketchy... A towing company? A life insurance company? A pet store? Sounds really..creepy. I'm kind of glad I listened to my gut on this one.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole thing is so sketchy... A towing company? A life insurance company? A pet store? Sounds really..creepy. I'm kind of glad I listened to my gut on this one.

I'm SO glad I did. No regrets here. 

I checked the North Dakota Secretary of State's website for various iterations of these companies as registered businesses. She's either not getting local business licenses for her various enterprises, is a sole proprietor (which makes no sense for a towing company, for example, as it leaves the proprietor personally liable for everything rather than the LLC) or has her businesses listed under some really weird name (again, SoS registrations are one way to prove the legitimacy of your business, so why would you register the main concern and your DBAs transparently?).

That little threatening email to Vanessa really ticked me off.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I checked the North Dakota Secretary of State's website for various iterations of these companies as registered businesses. She's either not getting local business licenses for her various enterprises, is a sole proprietor (which makes no sense for a towing company, for example, as it leaves the proprietor personally liable for everything rather than the LLC) or has her businesses listed under some really weird name (again, SoS registrations are one way to prove the legitimacy of your business, so why would you register the main concern and your DBAs transparently?).

That little threatening email to Vanessa really ticked me off.
So weird! And she acts like WE did something wrong for questioning their legitimacy. 

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else just get the cease and desist demand from "Client Services Saphora"?

lol, nope! Weird, obviously they don't have MY email since I'm not a subscriber, but man, they are looking worse and worse. 

Nope. Kind of funny considering I was the one who posted on Beauty Talk.

Using their name, misspelled and fraudulently I might add, just gives more credence to how shoddy of a company they are.

Just kidding, they sent it to "Saphora" and a bunch of us girls here on makeuptalk. She printed out this entire thread and made notes about how we're wrong and that we seeked out all her "PERSONAL" information, which I find funny since she did the same thing to us.

If its a true cease and desist could I get in trouble for that?

I didn't say anything that was out of context, just things that I have the legitimate RIGHT to say as a PAYING customer.

I don't know, but I do know that you can write your own cease and desist letters. According to wikipedia, In the U.S. the term is used in two different contexts. A cease-and-desist order can be issued by a judge or government authority, and has a well-defined legal meaning. In contrast, a cease-and-desist letter can be sent by anyone, although typically they are drafted by a lawyer.

But you also have freedom of speech on your side, so I believe you'd be able to.

You're in the letter too since you posted here. Everyone who posted in this thread is part of the cease and desist but I guess she only sent it to the people she could get the email addresses of. I know helloleilani and an adrien it was sent to. There is a lot of things about Zadi too but doesn't look like it was sent to her.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know, but I do know that you can write your own cease and desist letters. According to wikipedia, In the U.S. the term is used in two different contexts. A cease-and-desist order can be issued by a judge or government authority, and has a well-defined legal meaning. In contrast, a cease-and-desist letter can be sent by anyone, although typically they are drafted by a lawyer.

But you also have freedom of speech on your side, so I believe you'd be able to.

Back