The She Space

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't get connected to it, it reassures me a little to read that some of you in other countries are experiencing the same problem but still... I'm going to send an email to heather to tell her about this although if it is a problem with a router i doubt she'll be able to do anything about it
wassatt.gif

thanks for your answers everyone
laughing.gif

Strange thing... It would be great if any of you who can acces the site could inform Heather that something is blocking many of her customers. TIA!

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to send an email to heather to tell her about this although if it is a problem with a router i doubt she'll be able to do anything about it
wassatt.gif
Updated: I saw that you informed her already, thanks!

Oh I also have a problem with accesing the site. I hope it's only a temporary problem. If anyone will have an answer from Heather please post it, while I love her pigments and hope she will never give up on international shipping.

Ok girls I've just had an answer from Heather: she says she had no idea there was a problem and she's glad to know about it now, she has contacted her hosting company and she hopes they will be able to sort it out soon
wink.gif

Originally Posted by cleodelinda /img/forum/go_quote.gif They sure did something. Now it works!
cloud9.gif
yep, it's working again for me too
laughing.gif
marchmellow.gif
ura.gif

I just got this mail from Heather with an explanation and lots of other info, (about the gel eyeliners that was discussed in this thread https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...ind-71174.html amongst other things).
smile.gif

"Good afternoon and Happy Sunday!

I hope that all is well in your world and if it is as cold by you as it is here in the Midwest, I wish you lots of warmth!

Some of you might have noticed that since Thursday, it has been a bit of challenge getting on to our website. Thankfully, a few clients e-mailed to let me know they were having issues, because everything seemed fine to me! It turns out that our hosting company had some sort of a major catastrophy and all of Europe and some parts of the USA could not access our web site. Slowly, it seems they are getting things back to normal, so I am hoping that all will be fixed soon! In the meantime, I am so sorry for any inconvenience that you might have experienced! And for those of you that thought we had closed our doors....well, no way....you can't get rid me of me that fast! :)

In the next week, after I am assured that everyobdy is able to access the site again, I will be kicking off COLOR FEST 2008!!!! By now, you certainly know that I am a bit color-obsessed, and always tinkering with new shade ideas. Normally, I try to limit myself to a minimal collection in order to not go color-crazy, but it has been so dreary here that sometimes it seems a great POP of color is entirely necessary! So, get ready, because each week in late January on into February, a plethora of new colors will be introduced....and they will all be limited edition so as not to blow up the web site with too much content!

In addition, you might have noticed that Cream/Gel Eye liners that look suspiciously similiar seem to be showing up on loads of different web sites. There is no great mystery here that we are all getting our products from the same place. The fact of the matter is, MANY companies, and not just the little guys like me, are all going to the same source and just sticking our names on the products. While the items themselves are a very high quality and I was very proud to put the About Face name on them, it is no longer novel when you can find them everywhere. So, as of this week, the remainder of our Cream Eye Liners, and pressed eye shadows will be marked down to sell ( I will send an e-mail as soon as they are marked down). From now on, in the interest of diversity, and true creativity, if I don't create the cosmetics myself, you won't see them on the site. I wish all of the other companies that are carrying these products continued success, but I would rather be able to offer you something a little different even if it means that the product inventory is not as diverse!

At the end of the day, About Face Cosmetics is about color....endless high-quality choices of colors. I take great pride in constantly challenging myself to come up with new and innovative colors that can be worn myriad of different ways. So, for me, I would much rather spend the time to offer you suggestions and tips for bumping up the many uses our pigments already offer instead of offering you the same items you are already seeing elsewhere!

As we prepare to face yet another Monday, I wish you a fabulous week and look forward to hearing from you! If there are ever any questions I can offer, or even if you just need a suggestion about how to utilize a shade you have already purchased, please contact me anytime! Until then, stay tuned.....Color Fest 2008 is coming soon!

All my best,

Heather"

I just got that email too. Heather is really nice and I like her products that I've tried. She also had very excellent c/s and fast shipping.

I wonder if she's going to be making foundation and concealer ever?

PS - I meant to add also that I respect her decision about the cream eyeliners too. Those eyeliners are really nice (I have one that I got from M*A*D Minerals) but it does kind of make them less special when you see the same thing everywhere. This is kind of how I feel about the Forever Female synthetic brushes too - you see those everywhere now as well.

I got the e-mail from Heather regarding acces to the site. She said that there is some technical problem, that's why the site may not be reached from Europe.

The hosting company is working out this problem and the site will be available for all the users from all over the world within 2 days or sooner.

I hope She Space will be back again very soon !!!

I got this e-mail yesterday but was away from the computer for a while and didn't check my e-mail. So maybe now we will have to wait even shorter.

Oh and I could acces the site easily today, so I think the news I posted here is in fact yesterday news.
smile.gif

Just got this newsletter from Heather:

Quote:
Good morning to you! What a gorgeous sunshiny day here in the Midwest! As you know, I try to react very quickly when enough clients contact me about a specific change or addition you would like to see within About Face Cosmetics.

So, when many of you started to contact me about the fact that you LOVE the idea of being able to purchase three gram jars instead of five gram jars, well, it seemed to suddenly make more sense. Truth be told, are we ever going to actually use up an entire five gram jar? Probably not! The fact is, we accumulate colors, and then one day we look and realize that we are on pigment overload....then comes the guilt....and then we put ourselves on a budget....but it never lasts, does it?

So, to my way of thinking....let's enable ourselves to still be able to accumulate all of those MUST HAVE colors without breaking the bank! Starting today, ALL of the eye colors on the site are only going to be available in samples or THREE GRAM JARS; this goes for permanent and Limited Edition colors. So, instead of the 5 grams for $6.00, these jars are a bit smaller, and a bit cheaper at only $4.00 each. GO away guilt....now you can stock up to your heart's content and not feel bad about it! So, the moral of the story is, less really is more, isn't it?

In regard to blush, finishing powders etc. those wil continue to remain in the five gram jars, but all of those eye colors.....three grams it is!

I want to personally thank those of you that prompted me to make this incredibly sensible change! If I could ask for your assistance....please help me to get the word out about this, as since my great computer crash of 2008 many of the lovely ladies that had signed up for my mailing list will not be getting mail from me because their names were lost into the cyber abyss!

Wow, I do like the idea of smaller jars, especially for those who love to buy tons of different colors and never really use too much of one. The She Space really seems to care for customer service!

I think I'm going to go take a look at their site.

P.S.

I see that their Color Fest is up!

Hey i am wondering if anyone get their new LE color fest collection? i jus order from them Enticed by Angels and To the Edge. The rest will be the normal pigment. So what u guys had ordered? Actually i am still new to The SHEspace webby and i would like to know the recommend eye pigment which u frequently will order.
laughing.gif

Back