• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TheBalm 50% off!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think that blush says aka frat boy though, does it? I'm glad I bought the Balm Jovi when birchbox had their discovery dash ($25) since I was going to pick up MLM and its in there anyway! 

If the brushes are the right price I might get those. If not, there's always Coastal Scents!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it is actually frat boy and solid gold is mary luminizer...on teh back of my palette they say "aka..."and the name of the item or something like that. 

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont think that blush says aka frat boy though, does it? I'm glad I bought the Balm Jovi when birchbox had their discovery dash ($25) since I was going to pick up MLM and its in there anyway! 

If the brushes are the right price I might get those. If not, there's always Coastal Scents!
Apparently it does: 

I'll be hoarding for sure! LOL

Does anyone have any idea what time it would start? 24 hours is vague and depends on time zone too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gah. I was just telling a coworker there was one particular brush I wanted to pick up. This is clearly A Sign that I will be ordering brushes next week

Does anyone know normal retail of Nude Tude?

I might get Frat Boy or whatever blush is available.

I told myself I need to curb my unnecessary spending... this sale doesn't help! At least I emptied out my Sephora basket with the Balm sale in mind. Thats a good start, right?

ETA: What shades of The Balm's nail polish do you ladies own? Favorites?

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is so NOT good news for my MakeOut/NoBuy. Oye.

Would anyone who has any of the blushes/powder products (other than hot mama and Mary Lou) be able to post a pic of the ingredients list or let me know if they contain bismuth oxychloride? I have found conflicting ingredient lists online and theBalm did not post this info on the old site. If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it bc bismuth burns my face.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would anyone who has any of the blushes/powder products (other than hot mama and Mary Lou) be able to post a pic of the ingredients list or let me know if they contain bismuth oxychloride? I have found conflicting ingredient lists online and theBalm did not post this info on the old site. If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it bc bismuth burns my face.
Looking at my blushes, and unfortunately they do contain bismuth oxychloride! :-(

I told myself I need to curb my unnecessary spending... this sale doesn't help! At least I emptied out my Sephora basket with the Balm sale in mind. Thats a good start, right?

Me too. So now I'm thinking, do I really need more eyeshadow/blushes?!

I own Candy Apple a Day, Coral Reefined, Goldfinger, Petunia, Disco Ball, Hella Yella, Root Beer Gloat, Better Off Red, Dodge a Bullet, and Counterfeit.  (Several of these are discontinued, as I got them in a set for cheap.) 

My favorite one, hands down, is Petunia.  If you can find this is a swap or off Ebay, I highly recommend.  It's like a neon strawberry peach Vitamix smoothie.  GORGEOUS.  I get three days of non-chip wear without a base OR topcoat.

I also recommend Candy Apple a Day (shimmery red/pink/gold/peach), Hella Yella (sunflower!), and Coral Reefined (pinky peach).  All formulas are wonderful.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you, which blushes do you have?
Cabana Boy, Down Boy, Hot Mama, and Frat Boy. All of 'em.  *runs off in shame* 

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Cabana Boy, Down Boy, Hot Mama, and Frat Boy. All of 'em.  *runs off in shame*  :icon_chee
I was afraid you would say that:( there are very few powder blush/Bronzer/highlighter products I can use. Maybe I'll get the full size Mary Lou and Hot Mama. I bought Meet Matt(e) Nude and Nude Tude last time they were on Hautelook. Once I bought 2 of the Shady Lady Palettes from TJ Maxx, but returned them after opening them and finding fingerprints. They were beautiful colors though, I've been hoping for another one of those 3 for 1 sales but might just buy them during this sale.

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I own Candy Apple a Day, Coral Reefined, Goldfinger, Petunia, Disco Ball, Hella Yella, Root Beer Gloat, Better Off Red, Dodge a Bullet, and Counterfeit.  (Several of these are discontinued, as I got them in a set for cheap.) 

My favorite one, hands down, is Petunia.  If you can find this is a swap or off Ebay, I highly recommend.  It's like a neon strawberry peach Vitamix smoothie.  GORGEOUS.  I get three days of non-chip wear without a base OR topcoat.

I also recommend Candy Apple a Day (shimmery red/pink/gold/peach), Hella Yella (sunflower!), and Coral Reefined (pinky peach).  All formulas are wonderful.
Also Goldfinger!  Great gold polish!

Back