• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TheBalm 50% off!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think things will sell out, it's not clearance and this is a new line launch. Plus I don't think a lot of people buy theBalm, it's kinda under the radar.

Great point! I wasn't going to fret too much about it. I'm planning on not picking up too much (I mean... I say that now.)

I don't think things will sell out, it's not clearance and this is a new line launch. Plus I don't think a lot of people buy theBalm, it's kinda under the radar.

I really want all the new blushes but I think I'm going to hold out until Hautelook. Or I might stalk TJMaxx with hopes they pop up as a set there like the Hot Mama set they had. I'm going to live through all of you on this sale.

So I'm reading through this thread and maaaaay hop on it... tell me what to buy!! I am not really interested in lipsticks unless the formula is fab. but I like what I have from theBalm so far. (mary lou-manizer, mascara (but I don't need more yet), one nail polish.)

If you're into neutral shades I Love love love my Nude Tude. The Balm Jovi has a great range of fun colors to keep stuff interesting. Obvi everyone loves the blush. I might pick up a lipstick - can't decide which - since the reviews have been okay from what I've seen. Basically I'm telling you to buy one of each 0.0 Insert emoji of money with wings flying away here.

So I'm reading through this thread and maaaaay hop on it... tell me what to buy!! I am not really interested in lipsticks unless the formula is fab. but I like what I have from theBalm so far. (mary lou-manizer, mascara (but I don't need more yet), one nail polish.)

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're into neutral shades I Love love love my Nude Tude. The Balm Jovi has a great range of fun colors to keep stuff interesting. Obvi everyone loves the blush. I might pick up a lipstick - can't decide which - since the reviews have been okay from what I've seen.

Basically I'm telling you to buy one of each 0.0

Insert emoji of money with wings flying away here.
Lol toooo cute!

I am really into neutral shades but I have the UD Naked 1 and Naked Basics, so I think I'm good on the eyeshadows. I'm really interested in all these blushes though; I don't have many of them. Does theBalm have any good tools? And how are their bronzers?

I'm thinking about at least getting Put a Lid on It. My birchbox sample has been amazing.

Also if anyone is thinking about getting a palette, the Balm Jovi is a the perfect all around palette for me. The shadows are amazing, and long lasting when used with put a lid on it, and also getting Frat Boy and Mary Louminizer in it makes it a great value.

I would loveeee to get Nude'tude, but I really shouldn't spend any money after my spring break :x

temptalia.com has great swatches and reviews of lots of their products that could help you decide.

How does Put A Lid On It compare to UDPP? You're right about the balm Jovi! The lippies, blush, and MLM make it so worth the money. I can't wait til everyone shares what they buy on Monday! But this speculation is very fun too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm thinking about at least getting Put a Lid on It. My birchbox sample has been amazing. Also if anyone is thinking about getting a palette, the Balm Jovi is a the perfect all around palette for me. The shadows are amazing, and long lasting when used with put a lid on it, and also getting Frat Boy and Mary Louminizer in it makes it a great value.

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does Put A Lid On It compare to UDPP?

You're right about the balm Jovi! The lippies, blush, and MLM make it so worth the money.

I can't wait til everyone shares what they buy on Monday! But this speculation is very fun too
smile.gif
I actually haven't used UD's primer! I just started using eye shadow a lot again in the last six months and had been meaning to get a primer. It just so happened that birchbox sent me Put a Lid on it a while ago. I haven't been using my sample a lot until recently but the sample definitely seems to be going a long way for its size. I was searching and musings of a muse compares the two briefly, and there are quiet a few comments comparing UD and other primers to it as well.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/02/the-balm-put-a-lid-on-it-review-swatches.html

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol toooo cute!

I am really into neutral shades but I have the UD Naked 1 and Naked Basics, so I think I'm good on the eyeshadows. I'm really interested in all these blushes though; I don't have many of them. Does theBalm have any good tools? And how are their bronzers?
I LOVE Betty-Loumanizer as a blush.  Just a teensy bit as a blush makes my face glow.  I also think that the Shady Lady palettes are underappreciated.  I own all three and adore the formula and wear.  Their nail polish formula is outstanding, and Coral Reefined would be perfect for sping/summer. It makes your skin look tan!  As for blushes, Down Boy is my favorite!  Very natural and versatile.

Put a lid on it vs udpp.. udpp feels thicker and tackier. Both work great and make an awesome, long lasting primer! Either way, you can't go wrong. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm almost definitely getting a few blushes. What do you think about the Betty Lou-Manizer and Bahama Mama? Bronzer is part of my routine. Do you think it would suit my medium skin for contouring? Other uses? Thanks
smiletongue.gif

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm almost definitely getting a few blushes. What do you think about the Betty Lou-Manizer and Bahama Mama? Bronzer is part of my routine. Do you think it would suit my medium skin for contouring? Other uses? Thanks
smiletongue.gif
I love both of those!  I use Betty as a very light blush (it's shimmery) and Bahama Mama, though dark, looks great if used lightly as a bronzer/contour.  It's a great dark matte color with absolutely no orange tones.

Back