• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TheBalm 50% off!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 6:15 am est and the damn site is still down. WTF? Screw this sale....not a good look for them.  This feels like an April Fool's joke.... -_____________-
^^ this ;/

You all do realize that NOTHING on their site says or implys that it will start at midnight? They're relaunching their site, so I'm sure they want to be in the office when it launches to deal with any problems. I'm sure it will still last 24 hours. Besides, it's MAKEUP.

Wait I'm confused why everyone is freaking out....they might not have the capabilities to preset the time for the site to go live so they have to wait for business hours. Its really not that a big of a deal and imo doesn't reflect on thebalm in anyway. This seems really strange and nitpicky to me. 

Anyway, I hope you all went to bed because its 7 AM est and no sale yet lol. 

Yeah  I'm not worried about it.  Just check every hour or so- I'm guessing it will be up around 9 when most people would be up and shopping.

I fell asleep last night but I woke up at 1 and decided to check lol and nothing! Which is good cause I didnt want to lose sleep :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, it's 9:15 am here in Boston & the sales not up yet....I am work & gotta get started!

Does anyone know if their website accepts Paypal payments? Just want to get my payment method ready.

It just hit me that I'm all upset about them not updating and not being able to spend money.... Gotta love good sale but can we agree that I'm having first world problems :)

Haha! Right?? People sound pretty annoyed (like this --> 
mad.gif
) on their facebook wall. As anxious as I've been since this thread started, I definitely knew that sleep was better and that the likelihood of them selling out of everything was pretty slim...and if it did happen, oh well then - more money in my pocket!

But I think the "First 24 Hours of April" is a bit misleading since almost all of us online-shopping-sale types would think 12am-11:59PM.

Good thing I'm up early and can take the time to hit "refresh" every once in a while! 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It just hit me that I'm all upset about them not updating and not being able to spend money.... Gotta love good sale but can we agree that I'm having first world problems :)

Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you seen all the pissed off rantings on their Facebook page?? I can't even believe people! They are all so pissed that the site isn't up yet, and mad because they stayed up late and didn't get any sleep and they owe us an apology and blah blah witch witch witch. RIDICULOUS!! There is nothing on the site that says what time the site will be up. And if they are willing to give us 50% off of everything they sell, why in the world should they APOLOGIZE?? The selfishness and stupidity of people is amazing to me....

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you seen all the pissed off rantings on their Facebook page?? I can't even believe people! They are all so pissed that the site isn't up yet, and mad because they stayed up late and didn't get any sleep and they owe us an apology and blah blah witch witch witch. RIDICULOUS!! There is nothing on the site that says what time the site will be up. And if they are willing to give us 50% off of everything they sell, why in the world should they APOLOGIZE?? The selfishness and stupidity of people is amazing to me....
I am referring to the Facebook posts, not anything in this thread, by the way. I just realized I should clarify so I don't accidentally offend anyone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I read them to get my Monday off to a good start with a laugh.  Some people...  

Yes, I'm anxious to buy some awesome blushes, but I'm sure as heck not going to lose sleep over it...especially when I have to work the next day.  Priorities, people...in the end...it's still only makeup and there will be more sales in the future.

Good morning ladies...and happy shopping!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

So glad those crazies aren't a part of our MUT family.  I was dreaming about this sale last night- no joke- my BF thinks I'm Cray Cray...& I totally am!!  Come on the balm- get your site up and running- I'm so excited!!

I wish there was a "like" button for this! It was pretty funny to read all the their FB posts!

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read them to get my Monday off to a good start with a laugh.  Some people...  

Yes, I'm anxious to buy some awesome blushes, but I'm sure as heck not going to lose sleep over it...especially when I have to work the next day.  Priorities, people...in the end...it's still only makeup and there will be more sales in the future.

Good morning ladies...and happy shopping!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back