Total Beauty Mystery Collection Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone gotten the new fall box? I was disappointed in the girl one and the one before that, so I didnt want to order until I know what's in the new one.

Never mind. I found a picture of the falling for colors box

Never mind. I found a picture of the falling for colors box
thank you, from the bottom of my heart. SO GLAD I didn't succumb to late night impulse shopping. That box would have made me very sad.

thank you, from the bottom of my heart. SO GLAD I didn't succumb to late night impulse shopping. That box would have made me very sad.
I agree! I learned my lesson from the other boxes. Won't buy until I know exactly what's in them. Although, I did purchase the new blush mystery box and I love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what was in the what a girl wants box? sorry been lurking..and debating! lol

I was actually a bit disappointed, I will explain....

The contents were: -First, the Pop Beauty crayon in Rose Romance, claimed $14 value. It looks better than the Fushia Flirt one I got from Blush, but I also just opened a similiar Tarte crayon (Glitzy) which I love, and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this.

-Dove Go Sleeveless deodorant, $4.99 value. Boring! It smells nice, when I opened the box everything smelled like it, but that's all the good I have to say. I use Degree Clinical Protection, so I doubt I'll make the switch, I'm afraid it won't hold up all day in Florida. Also, the big gimmick for this product is it decreases your need to shave...I got laser hair removal years ago, due to my ridiculously sensitive skin. Anyways, I'm sure I have a friend who will love the freebie.

-St. Ives Apricot Face Scrub, $3.99 value. Also boring, I mean I can go grab this at Walmart on any given day. I might use it, I might give it away. It is 6 oz, so it will last a while.

-Elan Veda Skin Renue Anti Aging Serum. No price listed. It would appear the "full size" bottle is only .5 oz, the sample I received was about 1/3 of the size of your typical perfume sample. (Tiny) I might get two uses out of this. Oh well.

-Eboost 3 Day Supply, $4.20. Everyone's favorite, from what I've read on here.

-Rapid Lash Eyebrow and Eyelash serum, full size, $49.95. This is the only thing that I thought made the box worth the money. I will probably end up giving it to my mom, as I don't really need it.

so they claim a $79 value...I just wish it was more exciting. This was my first purchase from Total Beauty, and it may be my last.

Edit: I just looked at the back of the info card, it does give me a code for 10% off my next Total Beauty purchase (idk if that's in every box) and

a 15% off code for the full size skin serum, which turns out to be $45.75 before any other charges applied.

IMO, If you absolutely have to spend $25 on something, get the Give Me Some Lip pack from Sephora! That's where I got the Tarte lip crayon mentioned above.

thank u! ur right it is boring....the only thing i would want is the eyelash stuff too...i have been debating on that lip set from sephora just bc of that tarte crayon...the other colors seem just a tad to netural for me though.

They just sent me an email asking me to review the What a Girl Needs collection, and included a photo, figured I'd post because I was too lazy to take a picture.

Note: I only received one of the tinnnny facial serum vials, although there are two in the picture. I wonder if I was missing one?

Quote: Originally Posted by pink65419 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad you posted a pic of this box, I would not have liked this box. Thanks for posting!

Also, when I was at Target yesterday I checked out the St Ives & Dove deodorant, both of them seemed cheaper at the store than the box claimed!

did anyone get the The Autumn Update Mystery Collection?  This is supposed to be all skin care products...

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  did anyone get the The Autumn Update Mystery Collection?  This is supposed to be all skin care products...

I'm curious about this as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by HHummel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious about this as well.
well, I broke down and purchased it, despite the posts here about past boxes!  oh well..

they shipped it out the same day and I will post with pics here once I get it.  It is supposed to be facial products and the featured product, the mask, is worth the price alone  (3 of them go for 59.00 and there is one included).

I used the 10% off coupon, so I got this for 17.00... I don't mind getting deluxe samples of really good drugstore products either.

well, I broke down and purchased it, despite the posts here about past boxes!  oh well.. they shipped it out the same day and I will post with pics here once I get it.  It is supposed to be facial products and the featured product, the mask, is worth the price alone  (3 of them go for 59.00 and there is one included). I used the 10% off coupon, so I got this for 17.00... I don't mind getting deluxe samples of really good drugstore products either.
Awesome! Keep me posted! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I purchased the autumn box...and thought i would share!

serum, mask, line filler, two eye creams, peel, and the advertised mask

Quote: Originally Posted by Lindsey Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I purchased the autumn box...and thought i would share!

serum, mask, line filler, two eye creams, peel, and the advertised mask
the little samples look like skiin, is that correct?

what is the pumice peel (who makes it ) and the serum?

thanks!!  I think if that is what I get too, it was a well spent 17.00!!

yep three small skiin samples.

two items from june jacobs .17 oz intensive age defying hydrating serum and .5 oz cranberry pomegranite moisture masque

.25 oz bioelements pumice peel

Back