Total Beauty Mystery Collection Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even care if they are high end! I was just expected $100 worth of samples, not a wine coupon and  $20 worth of samples

And the Honest stuff is nice, if I recall from other samples!
This is how I feel, too! I accept that a box like this is a gamble as far as brands and types of products go...but yeah, a coupon (because that is NOT a gift card) should not be included in the promised value of a mystery box. If they include it as a bonus on top of the promised value, fine.

http://i.imgur.com/aNtTGde.jpg

Here is my box, I just received it this morning. The honest items are nice, the shampoo and conditioner smell great as well. I do like most of the items, but I don't feel its 100 dollars. the "gift card" is ehhhh. I rather have some more samples.

edit: I do not care for the boost packets either. ugh.

ok so tried using the gift card and I need to order at least 6 bottle to even checkout , their prices are expensive! ugh I wonder if I should email total beauty because yea, this is bull.

Originally Posted by cassandragemini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok so tried using the gift card and I need to order at least 6 bottle to even checkout , their prices are expensive! ugh I wonder if I should email total beauty because yea, this is bull.
Yeah, I was excited about the wine gift card before I realized it would take $40-$50 to get any wine at all. 
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by cassandragemini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've gotten this wine card in some other box.. can't remember which, now, but yeah, seriously.  I hate 'gift cards' that require you to spend MORE money to receive the product.. it's not really a gift card then, in my opinion.  And the value of the 'gift card' should NOT be included in the estimated value of the box!  I never used the gift card and it seems like a shady way to get business.

I received my box yesterday. I am happy with it overall. I will use several items and either gift or trade the others. I have to agree that the wine coupon should not be called a gift card. I am glad that I paid $16 instead of $18 or $20, though.

Can somebody post what's written in the fine print for the gift card? (Is there any written on the back of the card?) I'm curious about the false advertising allegations if it's not really a $50 gift card (can it be considered a $50 "gift card" if it requires a $51 purchase and $9.99 in shipping and expires...and can it even be considered $50 if it requires a higher purchase to be valid?)

The front just says $50 Wine Gift Card $50 of wine, from us to YOU Valid for 30 days from receipt nakedwines.com

Can somebody post what's written in the fine print for the gift card? (Is there any written on the back of the card?) I'm curious about the false advertising allegations if it's not really a $50 gift card (can it be considered a $50 "gift card" if it requires a $51 purchase and $9.99 in shipping and expires...and can it even be considered $50 if it requires a higher purchase to be valid?) The front just says $50 Wine Gift Card $50 of wine, from us to YOU Valid for 30 days from receipt nakedwines.com
"To claim your $50 discount you must purchase wine totaling at least $51. Separate $9.99 delivery charge applies for orders of $100 or less. Voucher cannot be applied to shipping charge. One per customer."

I think what makes it not a real gift card is that the website requires a minimum purchase of 6 bottles before it will ship your order. The cheapest wine I could find without signing up for their $40 a month program is $12.99. 6 bottles of that wine would come to $77.94 + $9.99 to ship, so you would have to spend a minimum of $37.93 out of pocket to use the gift card at all. It doesn't tell you anywhere on the card that there is a minimum purchase requirement, so it is a bit misleading.  

hmmm....Interesting how on the front it clearly states "$50 Gift Card" but then on the back, suddenly, it's only a "discount" and a "voucher" and not a gift card at all....so you basically purchased a one-time-use-new-customer-only-expires-in-30-days discount from the wine place??

I think what makes it not a real gift card is that the website requires a minimum purchase of 6 bottles before it will ship your order. The cheapest wine I could find without signing up for their $40 a month program is $12.99. 6 bottles of that wine would come to $77.94 + $9.99 to ship, so you would have to spend a minimum of $37.93 out of pocket to use the gift card at all. It doesn't tell you anywhere on the card that there is a minimum purchase requirement, so it is a bit misleading.  
If you sign up you become an "angel" amd the cheapest I saw was $7.49 a bottle. $45 for 6 of those. Not that I'm defending the "gift card."

but dont you have to pay like 40 bucks to be an "angel". NO thanks to naked wines. such a rip off. I much rather drive to the los angeles san antonio winery.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmmm....Interesting how on the front it clearly states "$50 Gift Card" but then on the back, suddenly, it's only a "discount" and a "voucher" and not a gift card at all....so you basically purchased a one-time-use-new-customer-only-expires-in-30-days discount from the wine place??
 And that is what makes it a coupon; it is probably why my credit card company will honor my dispute as well.

This was my box; I finally got around to taking a photo:

My NYX Roll-On Shimmer is 'Platinum' and my NYX Color Lip Balm is 'Xie Xie' ("Thank you" in Chinese). I didn't get the Juara sample I saw in some boxes. Some of it I'm keeping and some of it I'm trading. I'm happy with it overall.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My NYX Roll-On Shimmer is 'Platinum' and my NYX Color Lip Balm is 'Xie Xie' ("Thank you" in Chinese). I didn't get the Juara sample I saw in some boxes. Some of it I'm keeping and some of it I'm trading. I'm happy with it overall.
Yeah, it seems like the only variation (besides shimmer and balm colors) is some got the Boscia mask, others got the eye cream.

EDIT: oh, wait, the Juara is that tiny candlenut cream...you aren't missng much...it smells bad and feels like a standard lotion...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, it seems like the only variation (besides shimmer and balm colors) is some got the Boscia mask, others got the eye cream.

EDIT: oh, wait, the Juara is that tiny candlenut cream...you aren't missng much...it smells bad and feels like a standard lotion...

Thanks, I feel better about the Juara then.

Has anyone who wrote to customer service had any response? I only received 5 items in my box (1 being the worthless gift card) so I can't even claim more than $100 with the card.) I've emailed but received no response in the past week.

Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone who wrote to customer service had any response? I only received 5 items in my box (1 being the worthless gift card) so I can't even claim more than $100 with the card.) I've emailed but received no response in the past week.
I didn't even get that stupid card in mine! Unless someone wants it (I can't drink due to health reasons), it's not even worth emailing them about. :I

Back