Total Beauty Mystery Collection Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one ever called me back or answered my emails, but my shipping notice JUST showed up and my box is out for delivery now.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My shipping info is just stuck at info received on the 16th. 
Me too, no movement since then....nothing 
icon_frown.gif

I got the same box as everyone else. It was okay but I have to stop ordering from TBC- I am never as happy as I think I should be.

Even without that $50 wine card, this box does not equal a $100 value, I really don't see how they think it adds up to that. I feel like I wasted $18 bucks and I haven't even gotten my box yet

Originally Posted by ricarlav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even without that $50 wine card, this box does not equal a $100 value, I really don't see how they think it adds up to that. I feel like I wasted $18 bucks and I haven't even gotten my box yet
You are right. I think I am emailing them.

ETA:

Just sent this and I mean it:

I would  like an immediate refund for the recent mystery collection. I was promised a $100 value. This was no where near $100-  the wine card is worthless because I cannot have wine shipped to my state. Even it was not, it is a discount code not a true gift card as other fees are required to use it; therefore, even if I could use it, it's value is below $50. The value of the remaining samples is does not equal $50 by any stretch.  This was false advertising and I will file a dispute with my credit card if I not get a refund or a box of products that equals at least $50. This is not a matter of not liking products; this is a matter of deceptive advertising.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are right. I think I am emailing them.

ETA:

Just sent this and I mean it:

I would  like an immediate refund for the recent mystery collection. I was promised a $100 value. This was no where near $100-  the wine card is worthless because I cannot have wine shipped to my state. Even it was not, it is a discount code not a true gift card as other fees are required to use it; therefore, even if I could use it, it's value is below $50. The value of the remaining samples is does not equal $50 by any stretch.  This was false advertising and I will file a dispute with my credit card if I not get a refund or a box of products that equals at least $50. This is not a matter of not liking products; this is a matter of deceptive advertising.
Good luck, I hope you get an answer soon, I emailed and called them 4 times and got no response, so I went ahead and filed a dispute with my credit card company. Then, the worthless box shows up. I got 7 packets of that orange stuff, and the many of the items were opened and spilled all over the box. I had to get out a towel and wipe everything down. I couldn't salvage most of the items, so basically with the exception of a couple of items, the box went into the trash.  Total false advertising.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same box as everyone else. It was okay but I have to stop ordering from TBC- I am never as happy as I think I should be.
Yeah, this has just confirmed that I shouldn't order from them any more. I wish I had noticed before I ordered that they were extras from other boxes. That would have been enough to keep me away. 
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by cassandragemini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im curious if this is still considered a mystery box, if we all receive the same thing??
I think the mystery was we didn't know what we were getting, lol.

Just got my box. It was the same as others reported, but instead of the silver roll on glitter, I got a really pretty pink color.

I'm not happy with the Naked Wines "gift card," since I don't drink wine & I already received one in my Love with Food box this month. I already have the Neutrogena Lip balm. That came in one of the free Target beauty bags, If I remember correctly. I'm excited to try everything else!  Mostly likely not the $100 value as advertised, but not horrible either, IMO.

Well, I'm torn. In general, I don't think the box is a bad value for the $16 I paid, and I will use all but the wine card...but the more people talk about the false advertising aspect of it, the more I tend to agree.  Kind of disappointing that everyone seems to be getting the same box, too! 

So I definitely get why y'all are upset about the deception of claiming that it should be $100 worth of stuff when clearly it's not.  I think when that sort of claim is made, it's sort of expected that high-end products will be provided, and these are definitely NOT high-end products.  With that said, though, I'm actually really bummed I opted out of this box!  These sorts of products are the sort of things I love.. I especially want to try out the Honest brand items, since I have been reading Jessica Alba's recent book.  SO bummed I missed out, especially for $16!

If you want to check out The Honest Company they have a discovery kit that you get for $5.95 (you are paying the S+H, it comes via FedEx Smart post) that has the Face and body lotion 2oz, healing balm, hand soap, body wash and laundry detergent.  It was a great way for me to try out their products.

Back on topic: I was sad that I missed this box but seeing the contents am glad I have the $16-18 I could have spent.

Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I definitely get why y'all are upset about the deception of claiming that it should be $100 worth of stuff when clearly it's not.  I think when that sort of claim is made, it's sort of expected that high-end products will be provided, and these are definitely NOT high-end products.  With that said, though, I'm actually really bummed I opted out of this box!  These sorts of products are the sort of things I love.. I especially want to try out the Honest brand items, since I have been reading Jessica Alba's recent book.  SO bummed I missed out, especially for $16!

I got my box today. I got a slight variation on the box we've seen...I did not get the Boscia mask sample, instead I got a full sized Ziaja Goat's Milk Eye Cream. I was really looking forward to the mask, BUT I did just buy a charcoal mask from Origins and I am really into eye creams lately, so I guess I don't mind.

My lip balm was in "Thank You" and my NYX shimmer is in Mauve Pink (love this,actually!)

I do feel that the box was worth my $16, as I will use everything except that stupid wine card...but definitely not worth $100.

Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even care if they are high end! I was just expected $100 worth of samples, not a wine coupon and  $20 worth of samples

And the Honest stuff is nice, if I recall from other samples!

Back