Total Beauty Mystery Collection Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone going to try either of the 2 new mystery boxes Total Beauty has for sale?

V1_409.jpg
V2_409.jpg

$26 for the cosmetics edition, use coupon code Mystery1 to save 15% or $41 for the "good vibrations" edition, use coupon code Mystery2 to save 15%. 10 items, 7 guaranteed to be new, 3 may be dupes from the last box (Energy drink mix I'm thinking...blah).

I can't tell if both boxes will have the same cosmetics, with the addition of the vibrator being the only difference. I think I am going to sit this one out until some reviews/spoilers come out. Anyone else?

I just put myself on a no-buy. So nope...not getting it. Last one wasn't that great anyway.

Originally Posted by HHummel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've always wanted to order one of their mystery boxes.

Are they worth it?

The value is definitely there, however, I didn't end up using any of the products in the last one. I have them stored away for travel. I'm contemplating the new cosmetics one they just started offering. It's not going to have any duplicates from the last box, and it's all make-up and they mentioned some skin-care items. I'm just worried it's going to be all NYX or Revlon products. I'm not a fan of NYX, I find that the make-up is cheap and it irritates my skin. I think I'm going to sit this one out, and see what is actually in the boxes, and maybe the one offered after this one I might go after if it looks promising.

Oh! You are probably right! My guess is they will send out the Revlon eyeshadow quad, the 2 lip butters and the nail polish they had from a prior collection, since it is no longer offered on the website. My other guesses would be a Chella product, Wella and maybe Ziaja. That would be 7 items that were not included in the last box, and at least 5 of those are full size products. 

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh! You are probably right! My guess is they will send out the Revlon eyeshadow quad, the 2 lip butters and the nail polish they had from a prior collection, since it is no longer offered on the website. My other guesses would be a Chella product, Wella and maybe Ziaja. That would be 7 items that were not included in the last box, and at least 5 of those are full size products. 
Some people got the Ziaja (or, at least I did!)

I think I'm going to pass on this one...I liked the last one, but only a little, and I'm trying to save money...

It's here!

Nailed it! Everything I thought would be in there is included...although I am surprised to see so many nail polishes...thanks for posting!

It's here!

I'm glad I didn't purchase it. It's full of what I thought. Definitely left overs from previous boxes. Most of it came in the last Total Beauty Mystery Collection Box. The only thing I would use would be the Honest & Co Lip Balm

Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing any of their mystery boxes. This is my first, and more than likely last.

I was very surprised at the amount of lip products and nail polishes. I've heard people rave over the lip butters, I've never tried them, so I'm glad I get to. Not so sure on the NYX colored balm and while the lavender and mint balm smell nice, I probably won't smear that on my lips. I have no idea what the day cream is or the ferro mineral powders are. And hell, I can always use more shadows and polishes.

I am not putting this comment in a spoiler box since it was already revealed that the Ferro was a bonus. I have been using the Ferro from the first box for the last few days and I really like it.  The Terra Cotta as a bronzer and the other color (the name escapes me now) as a blush. The colors are really complementary to my skin tone, and a little goes a long way. I think its a great mineral makeup option...I do wish the packaging on the samples was a little different, something so you did not have to dip your brush entirely into the product...it can get a little messy. 

I'm pretty sure they will make this one amazing to make up for all the bad will they have built up, but I kinda thought that last time. I'm broke as a joke until tomorrow anyway so I have time to think it over. Anyone else going to risk uh I mean try it? D%#~! I think my internal shopper just decided I'm getting it if any are left tomorrow.

I'll end up getting it if they do the thing they've done with all the previous boxes where it becomes pretty heavily discounted after awhile. I don't recall any of their mystery boxes selling out before they mark them down.

I already have that lip crayon and was not impressed by them (got the whole set from Ulta) so if that's the best thing in it I think I will be skipping this one.

I disputed the last one with my card and won. I was able to prove the value was not as advertised thanks to someone on here breaking down the sample values.  If I could only get them to take me off the email list.... hate this one! The rep used to come by to visit here but obviously does not care/is afraid now!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you want to check out The Honest Company they have a discovery kit that you get for $5.95 (you are paying the S+H, it comes via FedEx Smart post) that has the Face and body lotion 2oz, healing balm, hand soap, body wash and laundry detergent.  It was a great way for me to try out their products.

Back on topic: I was sad that I missed this box but seeing the contents am glad I have the $16-18 I could have spent.

I just found the Total Beauty box, and from the one that people received in June, the Honest company products were the only ones that really interested me, so I ordered the trial! thanks for the info!

Did any one watch the un boxing videos on this one? I was thinking it had mostly stuff u can buy at walmart in it ?

Back