Trind Gives MakeupTalk Free Product for the 14 Day Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my first application last night as well.

I had tried filing my nails down about a month ago (hoping that it would fix the peeling on two of my nails especially -- then I hid it with nail polish for the last few weeks, only to find that the peels had just come back up anyway) so I didn't want to re-file them down all the way to that extent again, but this time I focused more on ridges than the peeling for the filing.

The 2nd layer (white bottle) was interesting.  It applies like nail polish, but it doesn't feel like any other nail polish when set.  My nails almost feel like they've got a plasticky coating on them this morning.  But for now at least that makes me feel like my peels are planted firmly onto my nail...hopefully they won't get worse.

I took some pictures with my cell phone last night and my camera this morning (but I lost my camera cord a few months ago, I need to try to find it again so I can actually pull the pictures from it. I know my cell phone pics I can at least e-mail to myself, but i don't know how good the quality will be for close up nail pics) for befores -- both before everything and after filing "before" pics, because I know that just filing and buffing the nails (or pretty much any other surface for that matter) will make them look nice and shiny, but temporarily thinner shinier nails doesn't make them healthier.  I'm really hoping that the 2 layer process will really help the peels to go away for good.  I read through the site and it does make sense that it might be moisture  and overall nail health that causes these problems.

Yeahhhhh!! I just got my kit!  I can't wait to get started.  Here are pics of my natural nails and poor pitiful cuticles.  As you can see my nails and cuticles are terrible.  They've been this way my entire life, always weak and thin.  I really have high hopes for this Trind trial and possible finally having the nails I've always dreamed of.

Got my Trind nail kit last night and am going to start my first application today! Thanks Makeuptalk <3

aw jeana, I'm jealous. You got the pack with 3 bottles that I had requested but didn't get >.<  your cuticles look like they could use them more than mine do though! (no offense, haha, hope it improves yours up!  my cuticles only look like yours on only some of my nails...the rest seem okay on their own)

I'm actually liking this plasticky feeling though...I keep tapping my nails with my other nails. (I guess it's what I'd imagine fake nails would feel like...except thinner. They feel too "smooth" to be real nails at this point but that's after a fresh filing and this "repair" coat) They feel more protected.

@Annelle, I'm sorry you didn't get the cuticle stuff. I used it today and I really like it. I've tried cuticle oil before but didn't care for it because it left my fingers "greasy". This stuff soaked in and left my skin soft! Hopefully I'll have much better looking cuticles in a couple of weeks. No offense taken by the way. I've always had trouble with dryness and cracking of the cuticles. I'm just like you, I can't get over how nice this stuff feels on my nails. I just keep touching them!!

Aw!  I love this!  I can't wait to see the results!  I JUST painted my nails today, so I'm going to hopefully start this on Sunday or Monday, but I'll definitely post my hideous "before" pics for you all. 

I was hoping for the cuticle stuff too!  As you will see when I post before pictures, my cuticles need work (they dry out so bad, they bleed.
frown.gif
)... lol.  But!  I'm happy to get the opportunity to try this out, and hopefully the nail stuff will moisturize my cuticles a little as well.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the two bottle kit myself. It arrived just minutes ago. I have polish on my nails right now, so as soon as I take it off in a little while, I'll take photos of my nails and start day one.

I noticed that on day two that you have to use nail polish remover to remove everything applied on day one. But day three doesn't say you have to use remover. Do you use remover each day or only on day two?

Let's get Trind to help us out here with some support.  I'll contact Christine and let her know.

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the two bottle kit myself. It arrived just minutes ago. I have polish on my nails right now, so as soon as I take it off in a little while, I'll take photos of my nails and start day one.

I noticed that on day two that you have to use nail polish remover to remove everything applied on day one. But day three doesn't say you have to use remover. Do you use remover each day or only on day two?

I received mine, and I am ready to begin!  I took my "before" photo, and this evening I will start the treatment.  Thank you so much for allowing me to participate!

Hi SassyAuburn,

You will need to use the nail polish remover each consecutive day to remove the previous day's Nail Repair before you apply the Nail Balsam and Nail Repair again.  Please keep in mind that the buffer is only for the first day.  After the challenge you can use the buffer as a quick way to spruce up dull nails.  Its a good "in the purse" item. 

For your reference here is a video that takes you through the steps in the Trind 14 Day Challenge:http://www.trind.ca/shop/product.php?pid=2

Let me know if you have any other questions. - Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ SassyAuburn:

You would need to use the nail polish remover every day in the challenge to remove the previous day's Nail repair, then apply a new coat of Nail Balsam followed by more nail repair.

Here is a link to a video that takes you through the steps (very helpful): http://www.trind.ca/shop/product.php?pid=2

Tony,

Thanks for letting me know we have some questions.

@SassyAburn:

Good question.  You will need to use the nail polish remover each day in the challenge to remove the previous day's nail repair. Then apply the Nail Balsam and another coat of nail repair.

see instructions in this helpful video and let me know if you have any other questions:http://www.trind.ca/shop/product.php?pid=2

Watch the video that is linked in the 14 day directions post. It tell you how to use it! You do have to use remover everyday when you reapply the products. 

I am 75+ years old but am not quite ready to give up.  All my life, except for the five times I was pregnant, I have had thin fragile nails that peel and break easily.  I also have vertical lines that have been described as wrinkles in the nails. In spite of the problems I have tried to take very good care of them and have spent more than want to admit trying to solve the problems. Recently I bought the full line of OPI products which have helped some but certainly not enough to allow them to grow out as I would like. I have taken pictures and will post them and  the 7 day pictures in a week. I did my first treatment last night and was pleased with the results. I have the two bottle kit.

I'm starting the challenge today with the Most & Shiny kit. For my cuticles, I'm going to use Qtica balm and Butter London Melt Away.

Here's my before shot:

My swatching hand takes the most abuse, so hopefully this challenge will help them get stronger.

These are my before shots. I'm on day three now. Only problem is the cuticles are going to need some attention to make the nails look any better. I got the kit that was minus the cuticle product. 

My before pics. I think this is after buffing because the nails look shiny. (I took pics before buffing, but my cell phone was being picky at when it wanted to take clear pictures and when it wanted to take completely blurry pictures.)  The left picture is why I've been being so religious with my polish lately!  (They actually look better than they did a month ago since the peels have been trying to grow out some...lately the pointer finger has been peeling down to where you can see two hangnails starting to grow on that pointer finger)

I started Thursday night and will be applying my 4th application tonight.  So far the deep peels are still there, but the lighter peels seem faded, like they're melting back in with the nail.  The good news is that the deep peels haven't gotten worse, they look to still be right around where they were. (Usually they keep getting worse and worse so they don't get much of a chance to "grow out". My middle nail (picture on the right) I can't see the white peel on it anymore but I should wait to verify once I remove tonight's layer to see if it's just the repair layer  hiding it.  Will be updating with new pictures for day 7 and 14 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's so pathetic! I'm going crazy not being able to paint my nails!!! I'm on my fourth day without polish for the challenge and going nuts! I'm trying to refocus my creativity into crocheting a blanket, but all I do is look at my nails!! 

At least they're shiny. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back