Trind Gives MakeupTalk Free Product for the 14 Day Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right?  I just got my first set of plates from Bundle Monster and the Konad stamper and it's driving me nuts.  I want to play with my new toys!!!  I keep telling myself I'll have prettier nails to do them on in 2 weeks.  I'm still pouting tho. 
wht.gif

Originally Posted by vixie13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's so pathetic! I'm going crazy not being able to paint my nails!!! I'm on my fourth day without polish for the challenge and going nuts! I'm trying to refocus my creativity into crocheting a blanket, but all I do is look at my nails!! 

At least they're shiny. 

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know, right?  I just got my first set of plates from Bundle Monster and the Konad stamper and it's driving me nuts.  I want to play with my new toys!!!  I keep telling myself I'll have prettier nails to do them on in 2 weeks.  I'm still pouting tho. 
wht.gif
Oh man that would make me crazy! I had to wait when I first got mine because I didn't have anytime and I was going nuts! Try them out on paper or those plastic nails you get at the store. I love my stuff!!! 

I'm thinking my toenails are going to have some fancy nail polish and designs on them soon! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixie13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking my toenails are going to have some fancy nail polish and designs on them soon! 

LMAO!!! You girls are hillarious!! 
lol.gif

Day 1 - I did my first application last night!! I have pics but can't upload them at the moment..

I'm on day 3!  I'll try to post my before pics soon. 

Anyone else see that this stuff contains formaldehyde?  What do you guys think of that?

Found this info:

"The safety of Formaldehyde as used in nail hardeners has been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. In this case, Formaldehyde is not used as a preservative but as part of a system used to coat and harden the surface of brittle or cracking nails. Formaldehyde is used as an ingredient only in nail hardeners, not in nail polish. As in the case of preservatives, the Formaldehyde used in nail hardeners is not pure formaldehyde, but rather a solution (formalin). According to the recommendations issued by FDA, nail hardeners often contain Formaldehyde as the active ingredient. Although Formaldehyde may be irritating to the skin or cause allergic reactions, the FDA has in the past, not objected to its use as an ingredient of nail hardeners provided the product:

• Contains no more than 5% Formaldehyde,
• Provides the user with nail shields which restrict application to the tip (and not the nail bed or fold),
• Furnishes adequate directions for safe use, and
• Warns consumers about the consequences of misuse and potential for causing adverse reactions in consumers who are sensitized to formaldehyde.

The typical levels of formaldehyde used in nail hardeners are well below 5%."

http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/HBI/18

Yep, it contains formaldehyde. I think you'll be fine, just don't bathe in it or drink it. :]

I saw that too and Googled what was safe. I don't under any circumstances think it will harm me, but I guess I'd rather it not have it. 

I did notice that.  It was kinda hard to miss - huge writing on the bottle. LOL!

I also would rather not have it, but at this point its not an issue with me. 

Just to update, I had two nails break yesterday, but I don't think it was Trind's fault (It probably would have happened anyway)

My thumbnail, not sure what happened at the register at CVS but it snapped off, and this morning another nail kind of hit a snag and got bent too.

The pointer nail on my right hand (with the deep peel) part of the peel looks like it's trying to chip off and I'm staring desperately at it trying not to pick it off.  At the very least, since the repair coat was applied recently (last night) the nail "feels" smooth to the touch still and I can't feel the chip with my finger yet.  (Normally when I see this I just go at it with a thumbnail and peel it off >.< unless i can sit down and paint over my nails to "hide" the peeling from myself)

I guess this is technically day 7, although my 7th application will be tonight so here are some pictures.  (the coating is a bit deceiving since it doesn't show the peels as they truly are, so I'll try to get new pictures tonight after I remove the coating)  BUT on the bright side, none of the peels seemed to have peeled any further (which in my opinion is still an improvement...usually the peels just keep peeling so it never really gets "better")

This is in regards to the ladies who are having problems with their cuticles becoming dry.  I was very concerned that I would have to use remover for 14 days as I know this can be very drying to the nails and the skin around them. So far after 4 days I am having no problem.  May I suggest that you use only the least amount of remover possible on the cotton or sponge and try not to get it on the cuticles.   I wash the tips of my finger immediatley after removing the repair coat and before putting on the Balsam.  Hope this helps.

Day 7: 

Seeing some improvement with my cuticles (I received the Perfect Cuticle & Nail kit) now, and it seems that my nails are more flexible thanks to the Nail Balsam too (I've had a few instances where I was sure I just broke a nail, then look down and it's still perfect!)

Loving the balsams so far, but the Nail Repair hasn't really impressed me so far, in fact, it tends to peel off in the shower, even though I wait for the cuticle and nail balsams to absorb completely before applying the nail repair >_<

a6890cee-7e65-6966.jpg
a6890cee-7e87-6ee4.jpg
It's been 7 days and I do see improvement in my cuticles but I haven't seen in noticeable difference in nail strength. My nails are a tough case tho. They've always been very weak and thin.

Okay so I totally forgot to take pictures before re-applying on Wednesday. So here's pictures from Thursday (after 7 full applications, just before the 8th application)

I don't know what was going on with me on Thursday, but I ended up hitting my thumbnail at CVS, breaking my thumbnail, then the next day, I hit it really hard on my seatbelt and caused two bends in it.  After removing the polish, one of the bends ended up peeling down a bit.  (although before removing that coat, I was surprised that my nail didn't "feel" like a peel to the touch.  It just looked like it.  But when the remover got rid of the top coat, it was back to both feeling and looking like a peel.) My pointer finger on that nail had the chip that was starting to form just break off as I was using the polish remover (I don't remember seeing it come off but it's gone in my pic)

Unfortunately after removing the nice shiny coat that hides much of my peeling, it looks like my deep peels are still deep peels, my ring finger (left picture) also got bent somehow and ended up breaking off.  Looking at my ring finger (again left picture) it looks like those peels, although deep, may have grown out slightly.  I'm hoping that maybe once my peels have grown out that the new nail won't be peeling anymore.

(I put the new picture in the middle so it's easier to compare to both day 1 and day 7)

Annelle, your nails are looking a lot better!

I've got my pictures.  Day 7 is today for me (I think...I have it written down).  I've got pictures but I'll probably end up posting all of them together on day 14 (before, day 7, and day 14). My computer with the pictures is unplugged because I'm painting the room! lol  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great job so far, ladies!

So, it been a week. I got the Moist & Shiny kit. My nails are definitely shiner and I feel like they are peeling less. They still break as often as before I got the system. They don't really feel any stronger, maybe just a bit.

Before:                                                                                      

After 1 week:

I did the 'before' and 'after' different because I found a better way to show off my nails after I started using the kit

Just checking in after my Day 7. (I'll probably save all my pictures to put into one post at the end).

My thoughts so far on the Moist & Shiny kit:

1. Buffing - as a general rule, buffing give immediately gratifying results, so it's too be expected that my nails are smoother and shinier. I suspect that the buffing also somehow helps the Trind products absorb into the nail?

2. Nail Basalm - I love this stuff! It's almost like a cuticle oil, but not oily and you brush it on like nail polish. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do this or not, but I also apply liberally enough so it seeps into my cuticles. I haven't really noticed any improvements in my cuticles, but then again this is a Nail basalm and not a Cuticle basalm. My nails always feel shinier and more resilient after applying this.

3. Nail Repair - Don't really have any opinions on this. It basically applies like a nail polish, with the consistency somewhere between a cuticle oil and a jelly polish. It does dry super quick, and just looks like clear polish.

Overall, I think this system has helped protect and nourish my nails. I haven't noticed any major differences other than shininess and maybe my nails feel a bit stronger, but there hasn't been any additional damage to my nails. I had one nail break, but I wouldn't attribute it to the Trind. I also had some existing peeling in my nails, and those haven't gotten any better but they haven't gotten worse either.

I'm all done and I have to say I'm a little disappointed but not really surprised.  My nails are a tough case, have been thin and weak my entire life.  They don't even have enough strength to break, they just get snagged and tear off.  I swear I could leave my hands soaking in a bucket of moisturizer all day every day and my cuticles would still be dry and peeling.  I think the cuticle balsam would have had a chance if it hadn't been for the daily use of nail polish remover.  So I am going to continue to use the cuticle balsam daily and the nail balsam and nail strenthener weekly.  Maybe now that I won't be using polish remover everyday, the cuticle balsam may do some good.  I really wanted this stuff to be the answer for my nails and cuticles and I really wanted to love it, but, it just didn't work for me.

Here's my 14 day pics:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back