Trind Gives MakeupTalk Free Product for the 14 Day Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by narnia03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi, I have the activator. Do you use it alone or with polish and a topcoat? How many times a week to you apply it?  Any help will be appreciated. Betty
The growth activator? You can use it alone or as a base coat for your polish. When I'm growing out my nails,  I use it every time I paint them, but once a week would suffice (if that's how long you keep your mani). 

Ha - lolaB, I read your post as "If that's how long you keep your man" rather than mani!!  I try and keep my men around longer than my manis, but I've gotta admit that I've definitely had a mani or two that have outlasted certain relationships ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The growth activator? You can use it alone or as a base coat for your polish. When I'm growing out my nails,  I use it every time I paint them, but once a week would suffice (if that's how long you keep your mani). 

FYI, I cut all of my nails down really short and I'm trying a less aggressive approach to using this (about once a week or whenever I notice the coating actually starting to peel, instead of every night) to see if I can get rid of the peeling on the nails that were really bad.

I hid my nails under polish for about a week after the shock of my thumb, but after looking at (especially my pointer) fingers, the nails look like normal "bad" peeling instead of extreme "halfway down the nail" peeling.  (The peeling on my pointer fingers is currently just under the white, and the peeling on my middle fingers are mostly on the white)  Because the peeling does still look significantly improved, I'm wanting to see if I can't completely get rid of my peels.

If it means I need to keep my nails ultra short to use this product, but I'm guaranteed to get rid of my peels, it might be worth me keeping my nails ultra short until I'm "cured" of my peels.  Will try to do another photo update in a few weeks to see how it goes.  I haven't noticed any excessive chipping since cutting my nails ultra short, but it may also have helped that I didn't do a new coat every single night either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back