Trind Gives MakeupTalk Free Product for the 14 Day Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow's day 14 for me, and I'll save pics for my full review but wanted to share some thoughts. When I first started caring for my nails, I bought a bunch of highly recommended products and was thoroughly excited for my nails to be perfect. Well, after a while of noticing just a small change to my nails, I stopped using those products and moved onto new ones. Eventually I realized that I didn't need to change my treatment regimen, I need to change the way I treated my nails. I started restoring the moisture lost after using acetone (not to mention actually washing the acetone off my nails and cutes), became best friends with my crystal file, and started to drink a lot more water. Those changes plus a nail treatment regimen has given me pretty strong nails. It's not often that experience breaks or tears anymore, and when I do, I have a product that helps my nails grow back super quickly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My point is that no nail treatment is a miracle worker. If it were, we'd all own it, and we'd all have awesome nails. 

Anywayyy, the Moist & Shiny kit is a conundrum to me. The balsam adds moisture to the nail while the nail repair (due to the formaldehyde) removes moisture, leaving me with nails that are about the same as they were when I started this challenge. It's not really a bad thing. I like both products and plan to incorporate them into my treatment regimens, but I just don't see the point of using these together.

Thank You, This is  well written and informative information.  I totally agree.

By the way...What is the product that allows you to quickly grow in a broken nail?

I am finishing day 14 tonight!  So I'll take my final pictures and hopefully have my review written and posted on Tuesday (short day at work! Yay!).

My cuticles are so bad they're bleeding though.  Yikes! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It seems that I forgot to post here when I finished my 2 weeks!

Thank you, Trind, for providing this kit for the 2-week challenge! I really enjoyed trying the products, and would love to participate in further reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Day 14:

My cuticles were slightly more moisturized (it's difficult for me to judge a cuticle product, as I'm religious with keeping my cuticles healthy) after 2 weeks of using the Cuticle Balsam. 

As far as my nails are concerned, I did not experience any breakage (which is VERY common when my nails get to the length they were when I started the 2 week treatment), even when one time on day 12 or so, I was walking one of my dogs and he jerked the leash suddenly, and I felt a surge of pain in my right pinky nail, turns out the nail bent upwards at a severe angle... but there was no break or chip! I was very impressed. Also, when my nails get to the length they were when I started the 14 days, they typically get stuck there and don't grow any longer. I am happy to report a 1mm increase on every nail (when left index at a 1.5mm increase!) on day 14. 

My overall opinion of these products will be in my review of them tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pictures:

Before/Day 1:

Day 7 (after taking off the product to reapply, so, bare nails here):

Day 14:

Amount of product left after 14 uses:

Here are my before and after pics. I have no clue where my day 7 picture is, sorry! 

The Moist & Shiny kit maintained my nail's health very well. The Nail Repair also makes a great base for polishes. Also, I didn't experience any breaks.

I just posted my review with pictures!  So you can read my thoughts there!

Here's some pictures!

Received my kit on April 17th.

I immediately noticed shiny smooth nails after buffing, and even shiner after applying the to coat (white bottle). 

By day 7 I noticed my nails were still very shiny, even after removing the Trind products. I also noticed my nails were stronger. 

After day 14 was over, my nails were still very shiny. No cuticle problems. My nails were very strong feeling, and one nail that always grows with a split stopped splitting. The only negative seemed to be some peeling on about 4 nails. 

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I failed to track and log my use daily as I was occupied with a wedding, but I did use the Trind Perfect Cuticle & Nail Kit in its entirety. 

I appreciate the noticeable luster and shine of my nails. It saved me time from having to go to the salon last month.  When typing on my keyboard at work, I have to admit that I stopped and admired them at least twice a day!!  It's nice to see that many of you share the same feedback re. feeling like your nails were stronger by the end of the trial.

It's a few extra steps a day - and for a busy girl like me, I'm a bit cautious about taking up a new routine.  I'm glad I followed this one through. 

Thank You...I bought a bottle yesterday.  Your nails are so healthy looking. Have they always been that way?

True...I believe these product have potential but not in the way we were instructed to use them.  Hopefully our input will help Trind revise their instructions.

thanks for the progression pics ladies!   I've been having a problem with brittle nails lately due to polish and am definitely interested in this

Sorry about the slow update, I had troubles trying to find my after pictures.

I think the pictures kind of speak for themselves as to how well the products worked on me.

First, I want to show one of the best "Good" parts of this product.  The shiny coat does an excellent job of instantly making bad nails look good.  You can go out looking like you just have a clear coat on and not be embarrassed that your nails have horrible peeling like mine do!  I don't know how, but it made my bold white peels look like the regular nail color, and make them appear melted away.  The peels are still very much there, as Trind didn't "fix" the damage that was already there, however it did prevent any new peels from developing, and it prevented my current damage from worsening.  After 2 weeks, all of my peels did show that they grew out, and did not cause any deeper peels.  (Obviously once they grow out enough, I can cut them off and finally say goodbye peels!)

The picture below shows how my nail looked before (significant peeling, nowhere close to being able to be cut off), after (the peel is now touching the white area of my nail) with the shiny coat in the middle (no visible peeling!). The peel has obviously grown out, even though the shiny coat made them look perfect throughout the challenge.  (Hey, it's still a plus. If I can SEE a peel, I want to peel it off. If I can't feel nor see it, I have less of an urge to pick at it.)

Now the ultimate pictures.  (You can click on each pic for a larger version)

Just to point out, that all of my nails did grow during this time period, so any nails that are the same length or shorter had breaks occur during the two week challenge.

Left picture, then right picture:

Pinky: No peeling. Significant growth, looks healthy. (The "perfect" Trind nail example, imho...out of my nails anyway)

Ring: Peel on the inner corner looks like it grew out, no visible "growth"

Middle: Peel has definitely grown closer to the edge of the nail, however the short nail is now much shorter
Pointer: Can't tell if the peel grew out by the pictures, but the nail is the same length
Thumb: No peeling. Nail is shorter.

Other hand--
Pointer: The big peel has grown out, with no new peels developing. The nail is still shorter due to breakage.
Middle: You can kind of see the "before" a peel that's about a quarter down the nail bed.  The peel has obviously reached very close to the white tip on the "after" picture. Nail length looks shorter.
Ring finger: MAJOR growth, although the outer corner has obviously chipped.  Still, obvious major growth. This would now be my longest nail, even if I cut it even.  I can see some damage on the white part of the "after" nail, but that portion could EASILY be cut off anyway as it's a tad longer than I personally like. Can't tell if the damage was there in the before pic since it's not the best quality picture.
Pinky: Slightly shorter, there might be some minimal peeling made out in both pictures, but I could be trying to look for something that's not there.
Thumb: This one actually did have significant growth before it had my worst break of the challenge. pictures below

These pictures are labeled left thumb because it's on my left hand. On the pictures above, my left hand is actually the hand on the right column.

As you can see on Day 13, the nail did have significant growth compared to the before picture.

<---Shows there was no damage on Day 8

That last break was painful and took a few days before I was able to cut the nail down since a portion of the nail above the crack was still attached to the nail bed. I had to go a few days with a bandaid over my thumb to prevent the nail from being torn off.  The day 8 picture is just there to show that the damage from Day 13-14 were new from my 2nd week of the challenge.  I honestly don't know when or how the damage happened as I didn't notice the side tear until the next morning, and the top tear wasn't there the week before.  I couldn't recall hitting anything that might have caused something like that to happen.

Final Thoughts:

PROS -

• I did not notice any new significant peeling during this challenge. 
  • All peels got a chance to grow out.
  • All nails saw growth.
  • Plasticky feeling on nails made them "feel" like I had a shield protecting my nails from nature.  They felt like I had fake nails and not just polish on. (I really did like this part and kept tapping on my nails for the first week straight.)
  • Peels were hidden during the challenge, even with just a "clear coating" even though my nails were honestly in pretty bad shape.
  • I'm confident that with continued use, my nails would grow out and I'd be able to cut the peels of entirely.
  • Process was very quick, as the nail repair dries quickly.  (Normally while waiting for nails to dry, after a few minutes you forget that you were "waiting" and go to grab something an invariably dent your polish.  By the time that happened with this product on, it was dry enough to handle slight bumps or touches, which was nice.)

This process was completed in under 20 minutes (completely dry and able to do things like wash my face) and that's mostly because I'd watch tv while waiting for the moisture balsam to absorb and leave it on for 10 minutes instead of 2-3.  However, after 14 days in a row (the first week was easy!), sometimes it feels more like a hassle (the second week I was getting a bit tired as I'd forget until late at night sometimes).  Thankfully, the daily usage and removal is only for the two weeks of the challenge, and Trind says you only need to do this once a week after the first 14 days, which is a lot easier and much more reasonable to maintain.

CONs -

• Nails that were already long had some pretty bad issues with breaking.  It caused my nails to break VERY easily as I had quite a few major breaks during such a short time span, with normal activity (I'm normally not that active...I went shopping, typed on a computer, did some cooking and eating...not super hard core on my nails.)
  • The repair balsam has a very strong odor that hurt my nose while I was applying.  I'd have to take small breaks after 2-3 nails to give my nose a rest.
  • 14 days in a row gets tiring, but you only need to apply once a week after that.
  • Nails squeak while removing each night. (Not sure if this is a con, or maybe a pro to some? My sister shuddered while listening to my nails because it sounded to her like scratching against a chalkboard. To me it kind of sounds like wiping a mirror with a towel and cleaner spray, squeak, squeak, squeak. It didn't bother me as much, I just mostly found it odd.)
  • The other girls noticed drying of the cuticles, likely due to 14 days of polish remover, but I guess my cuticles never were "awesome" -- I did have some extra hangnails than normal, but I don't know that it was significant enough for me to have put that connection together had the other girls not said anything.  Some of the other girls suggested cuticle oils or just using creams or lotions to help.  We also did not receive polish remover for this challenge, so it would make sense if one person used a harsher remover that their cuticles might have taken a harder beating than someone who used a gentler remover.  My remover was nothing special, it was just one from Target, but I did ending up going through about a third to a half the bottle for this challenge.

Recommendations -

Keep your nails cut relatively short during the challenge so they have a lesser chance to break on you. My shorter nails seemed to remain relatively short with only minor damage throughout, but almost all of my longer nails had major breaks happen.

I think it will be good for me to continue using Trind on the nails that have bad peels, but I'll need to use a regular top coat on the nails that grow out on their own, so that my nails at least match each other.

I really hope Trind might be able to adjust their product to reduce breakage, as this is one of the only products I've tried that really seemed to help out my peeling nails.  (I'd love to try out this product again if they are able to do that!)

Thanks for inviting me to try out this challenge!!

I will have to say though for 2 weeks, this product DID make my peels grow out, which I've never really had such clear cut success with, where you can actually see where it's grown out because the peels stopped peeling.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to wrap up this Product Sampling Program and thank you all for participating.

In my personal experience, Trind worked well for me.  My nails are healthier and shinier.  I am a nail biter, so my nails are a challenge, but they are not as much of a challenge as someone who has had fake nails for a while.  To those of you who took off your fake nails to go through this challenge with us, I give you a HUGE THANKS!  I know that is big. 

Everyone's comments will stay live on the site.  I am taking the key points and comments to Trind so that they can review the real feedback and take that to their product development team.  I look forward to talking to all of you in the future. Please don't be shy.  PM me any time!

Thanks again for making this Product Sampling Program a success.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi, I have the activator. Do you use it alone or with polish and a topcoat? How many times a week to you apply it?  Any help will be appreciated. Betty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back